Divorce In The Philippines

Filipino men are mostly abusive, especially when their wives become older. Divorce can easily be manipulated by these guys. You think women can benefit from divorce? You must be an idiot if you think that's right.

These guys will only spend many sexual sessions with their "wives" then abuse them physically so that the women themselves will resort to divorce. The sufferings of women will be multiplied exponentially. Am I right?

My take on this,

I think it is about time we had a law like this in this country. Ang hirap kasi masyadong makitid utak ng mga tao dito sa pilipinas. Kesyo it will destroy families daw etc. Pero sa totoo lang ang talagang nakakasira ng pamilya and everyone in it, is ang isang maling pagsasama ng mag-asawa. It was very traumatic to see my folks quarrel day in and out. I hated both of them for it. Pero nung naghiwalay na sila, saka lang umayos ang lahat. They are more civil now and they do not have to say hurtful words to each other anymore. Based from experience, I can honestly say that anything is always better than seeing your parents fight all the time.

Look at the westerners. kahit hiwalay sila di nila pinababayaan mga anak nila. They make sure na lumaki sila ng maayos. I guess our society would rather see battered women and kids, as long as the very "foundation" of society is intact. Sheesh

And you think they will become responsible husbands because of divorce?

Kung hindi na talaga pwedeng magsama ang magpartner, why not allow divorce. If there are real grounds to be divorced, why not (i.e. adultery, both don't love each other anymore, etc.). If there are kids, just ensure that the kids will not be forgotten and the kids will be protected and their future secured (education, daily needs).

And who will take care of these kids once left by warring parents? Send them to the streets to beg?

some of us missed the point. It's culture my friends

Filipino men are mostly abusive, especially when their wives become older. Divorce can easily be manipulated by these guys. You think women can benefit from divorce? You must be an idiot if you think that's right.

These guys will only spend many sexual sessions with their "wives" then abuse them physically so that the women themselves will resort to divorce. The sufferings of women will be multiplied exponentially. Am I right?

That's right. I agree with this

Anything has the potential to be abused but it does not mean you don't allow it because of it. Divorce does not give anyone the reason to split up like a lot of people believe. No married couple would say they will break up a marriage just because there is divorce. They will for practical purposes look at divorce as a way out but there is already a reason why they want a way out. Raymund321 is right, you don't want divorce but you allow separation, which means your also not helping the family. You just keep them unhappy forever, including the children. If they really want to fix the family they should make it harder for couples to get married in the first place. Its so easy for couple to make that mistake, once they do you won't allow them to fix that mistake. If its hard to get married then only couples that are really in love will go through it. Then you won't need divorce. In fact it should be the other way around. Make divorce quick and marriage more difficult. If you think about it, when you go through marriage there are a lot of uncertainties, you don't know whats ahead of you. When you get a divorce, you are already sure why you want it.

p.s. this is just my opinion, i have no interest in arguing with anybody.

Tama din to

The multiple burden women resulted due to men's "machoism". If a battered women wanted a divorce from her abusive husband, i guess the wife was liberated and has the freedom to remarry, and freewill to do anything she wanted to do. I guess both RH Bill and Divorce Bill benefits and liberates filipina women.

masyadong nakikisabay na ang mga tongressman natin.

nataranta dahil may divorce na sa malta :lol:

ok lang sana na may divorce pero wag naman masyadong inggitero ang tongressman.

bukas ipipilit na nila ang gay marriage kasi tayo na lang ang walang gay marriage :lol:

pag kumain ng t** lahat ng politician sa ibang bansa kakain din sila ng t** para hindi maiwan ang bansa :lol:

dapat noon pa nila isinulong ang divorce dahil dyan napapaghalata tuloy na inggitero ang ating magigiting na tongressman :lol:

Edited by MikeyArrovo

Then you'll triple the number of street children in Metro Manila

How did you get this math? Is this what happened to other countries that allowed divorce?

I believe wrong. If this is mostly, we probably have more illegitimate kids than legitimate. Higher numbers of annulments than marriages that lasted.

And you think they will become responsible husbands because of divorce?

Nope. Did they become responsible because of no divorce?

And who will take care of these kids once left by warring parents? Send them to the streets to beg?

The courts will decide who is more fit to take care of the kids. People do have custody cases.

Well, all institutions have their own agenda. but please look for the common good

guys, there's already legal separation. Isn't it enough for now?

Common Good? - Is your life part of the common good? It is an individual situation. The rest of society doesn't care if your marriage doesn't work.

Only those that are under legal separation can answer that question but I believe it's a "NO". You can't marry anyone else under legal separation. To co-habit with someone would mean bigamy or adultery since you are still technically married, isn't it?

The multiple burden women resulted due to men's "machoism". If a battered women wanted a divorce from her abusive husband, i guess the wife was liberated and has the freedom to remarry, and freewill to do anything she wanted to do. I guess both RH Bill and Divorce Bill benefits and liberates filipina women.

This. +1 :)

This is why it will never happen, our politicians have illegitimate kids, multiple wives and making a law that will actually make them responsible for their actions is not realistic to expect from them.

Why should the courts and lawyers decide what happens to the lives and marriages of people when it is the not their lives that is at stake here.....Married people should be allowed to decide for themselves what happens to their own lives. They should not be forced to stay together if both parties are not happy with their arrangement anymore.

Di pa pwede

How did you get this math? Is this what happened to other countries that allowed divorce?

I believe wrong. If this is mostly, we probably have more illegitimate kids than legitimate. Higher numbers of annulments than marriages that lasted.

Nope. Did they become responsible because of no divorce?

The courts will decide who is more fit to take care of the kids. People do have custody cases.

Common Good? - Is your life part of the common good? It is an individual situation. The rest of society doesn't care if your marriage doesn't work.

Only those that are under legal separation can answer that question but I believe it's a "NO". You can't marry anyone else under legal separation. To co-habit with someone would mean bigamy or adultery since you are still technically married, isn't it?

This. +1 :)

This is why it will never happen, our politicians have illegitimate kids, multiple wives and making a law that will actually make them responsible for their actions is not realistic to expect from them.

Follow American morality first of banning immoral people from politics and public office

sensitive topic but i think there should be divorce here. there are certain issues between couples that cant be fixed. but there should be strict guidelines which grants divorce to a couple. hindi pwede basta ayaw na magsama e i grant agad ang divorce. dapat kung gaano kahirap ang requirements sa pagpapakasal mas doble strikto ang requirements sa pagdi divorce.

Dapat lang

I'm pro divorce but I suggest too all the male to first think 100 x before getting married. when your stuck with it and have children, it's hard for the kids. I fell in live with another girl after I got married ... can't get out. so i had an affair but she couldn't live like that forever. so she left me.

I AM PRO-DIVORCE

Think about its implication first