Speaker

• 1 month later...
Guest freyja

sa pc, altec lansing pa rin. i have a 5-year old ATP3, still sounds good, specially the bass. i plan to upgrade it sometime in december.

for ht, okay yung JBL

true. Wharfedale Diamond 9s sound very close to the B&W 600 series. I cant figure out why B&Ws cost so much more.

wharfedale diamond 9s are bang for the buck best buys. made in china

b&w 600s series3 - sound much bigger and imho better tho they are quite expensive. series2 were made in UK, im not sure for series3.

for home audio stereo/home theatre - i use b&w.

pc-philips lang

• 3 months later...

KEF 5005.2 Wireless Surround 5.1 System for my home theater but which I have on a Monster Cable SS6 speaker switcher for playback from the Apple TV. Bought on sale from Martin Electronics, Burlington Square, Singapore just this All Saint's Day weekend. Now I need a proper amp. My 10 year old NAD now sounds worn out...

Edited by boomouse
@boomouse

Really cool stuff!!!!

For my pc am using altec lansing VS4121

For my home theater BW 602 S2 and 602 S3

How's the low end on the Bowers & Wilkins? Its a bit too boomy for my taste but some people like it. If you do, you're probably a fan of house/dance music? I have a small den so the B&Ws can be a problem. Plus I don't know how they would affect my LCDs if too close. The KEFs seem to be shielded enough not to cause any coloration even on a sensitive LCD like the Apple Cinema Display.

But those are outstanding speakers you have. Small and yet big sounding. I wish I had the room.

The lows are great! Not too boomy as they say. You just have to make the adjustment on you AVR. My room is not that big and with this babys it really rocks. It is magnetically shielded so dont worry about your lcds. The great thing about this is you dont need a subwoofer anymore. For music I listen more to classical music and its just great. Very detailed and warm.

Always wanted KEFs speakers, but during those times when shopping for speakers cant find any store selling them : ( But definitely KEFs produces outstanding speakers!!!

The lows are great! Not too boomy as they say. You just have to make the adjustment on you AVR. My room is not that big and with this babys it really rocks. It is magnetically shielded so dont worry about your lcds. The great thing about this is you dont need a subwoofer anymore. For music I listen more to classical music and its just great. Very detailed and warm.

Always wanted KEFs speakers, but during those times when shopping for speakers cant find any store selling them : ( But definitely KEFs produces outstanding speakers!!!

They sound really great for classical music too. I've been dreaming of getting them for years and when these went on sale I didn't mind having to schlep such a big box and pay the excess weight charges to Manila. Thing is, because of their modern design, my wife now want to redecorate around them. Suddenly it does not sound like a bargain anymore.

Any reco for a new amp/pre amp?

don't have a HT system..

for my laptop, I got a pair of Harman Kardon satellites (RMS: 9W X 2) not for sale in any store; the pair comes pre-packed with a particular HP laptop model..has a vent for bass thus (most of the time) I don't turn on my subs anymore..speaking of which, I got the alien-looking Altec sub for the boom factor..

both the Altec sub and the Harman satellite pair I bought through Ebay..was able to haggle the satellites' price to as low as 650bucks (plus 120 S&H) while for the sub I paid 1K and got the chance to meet the cute owner at Rob Place Manila and have an instant 'casual' date, hehehe..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...