• 2 weeks later...
sa cartimar. sa likod. may panay bamboo doon. sa kanto lang sa tabi ng kalsada mismo.

pinanglalaban ung mga koi dun

pm'd you

yep A1 class yung koi dun, my brother bought a piece around 4-5 years ago, 4 inch long White silver koi, for garden fishpond, they grow big as in BIG, cost 900 each...

-------------

Arwana Lover here...

1 austalian gold and 1 silver arwana...

had 6 arawana 4 others died.

:thumbsupsmiley: :D

I have 2 oscars...they were actually my starter fish...it's a nice fish...a very hardy fish, that's why I consider it a good starter fish... I have 2 flowerhorn...1 is male ZZ and the other is a female kamfa.... very nice fish...very challenging... I recently addded 4 pacus...when I got them, I was actually looking for Pogi's(Red Belly Piranha) in cartimar, pero out of stock daw eh...so kumuha na lang ako ng pinaka-kamukha nila...heheh..

Edited by 13cent

when i was still in highscool, i got addicted to aquariums and fishes. i stated with a 5 gallon aquarium with black mollies, tiger barbs, and other small fishes..

i then bought another 50 gallon aquarium. i had a pair of different kinds of goldfishes like balck moore, redcap, shibunkin, calico, lionhead,ordinary goldfish, ryukin,etc.. namatay yung iba.. talagang pair sila

then i bought an additional 50 gallon aquarium.. mga carnoivores naman ang inalagaan ko dito! ang gastos! grabe

snakehead

4 pacus

2 tiger oscar

2 albino oscar

then may nagbigay sakn ng 15 gallons

nag alaga ako dun ng dragonfin

i bought a customized 25 gallon aquarium for my australian gold arowna

grabe ang dami kong aquarium dati parang petshop yung bahay

sad to say, namatay yung arowna ko kasi hindi na kumakain simula ng nilipat ko sa 50 gallons

binigay ko yung ibang mga carnivorous fish ko sa friends ko

nawala lahat nung nag lipat ng bahay.. masyado kasing marami at hindi kasya sa lilipatan

ngayon, may 2 tanks ako

20 gallons at 15 gallons

yung 20 gallons may 4 na goldfish, dati 8 yun namatay yung isa

im planning to setup my 15 gallons and buy a flowerhorn kaya lang d ako marunong tumingin ng flowerhorn and from what i read sa other forums e mahirap ata alagaan..

QUESTION: LAHAT BA NG FLOWERHORNS PAG LUMAKI E LUMALAKI YUNG BUMP SA ULO?

PANO PUMILI NG FLOWERHORNS E PAG MALIIT SILA WALANG KULAY?

ANONG FLOWERHORN ANG MAGANDA AT MURA PA?

SALAMAT.. :)

when i was still in highscool, i got addicted to aquariums and fishes. i stated with a 5 gallon aquarium with black mollies, tiger barbs, and other small fishes..

i then bought another 50 gallon aquarium. i had a pair of different kinds of goldfishes like balck moore, redcap, shibunkin, calico, lionhead,ordinary goldfish, ryukin,etc.. namatay yung iba.. talagang pair sila

then i bought an additional 50 gallon aquarium.. mga carnoivores naman ang inalagaan ko dito! ang gastos! grabe

snakehead

4 pacus

2 tiger oscar

2 albino oscar

then may nagbigay sakn ng 15 gallons

nag alaga ako dun ng dragonfin

i bought a customized 25 gallon aquarium for my australian gold arowna

grabe ang dami kong aquarium dati parang petshop yung bahay

sad to say, namatay yung arowna ko kasi hindi na kumakain simula ng nilipat ko sa 50 gallons

binigay ko yung ibang mga carnivorous fish ko sa friends ko

nawala lahat nung nag lipat ng bahay.. masyado kasing marami at hindi kasya sa lilipatan

ngayon, may 2 tanks ako

20 gallons at 15 gallons

yung 20 gallons may 4 na goldfish, dati 8 yun namatay yung isa

im planning to setup my 15 gallons and buy a flowerhorn kaya lang d ako marunong tumingin ng flowerhorn and from what i read sa other forums e mahirap ata alagaan..

QUESTION: LAHAT BA NG FLOWERHORNS PAG LUMAKI E LUMALAKI YUNG BUMP SA ULO?

PANO PUMILI NG FLOWERHORNS E PAG MALIIT SILA WALANG KULAY?

ANONG FLOWERHORN ANG MAGANDA AT MURA PA?

SALAMAT.. :)

Not all flowerhorns grow "koks" or nuchal humps on their heads. This is mostly carried out by good genes coming from the parents. you can also try to enhance it by giving quality feeds like ChingmixSP50 (w/c costs about 720 for 120grams!) but still the genes determine if the FH will have a kok or not.

Regarding the color, again it all depends on the genes though there are some FH's that are late bloomers they sometimes show their colors one they hit about 5". There are feeds to enhance their color as well. The color also depends on the strain of the FH. There are a lot of strains to choose from nowadays. Instead of buying at cartimar why don't you try this site instead PALHS. This is where I bought mine from one of the members. I can refer you to them if you're really interested to buy just PM me. This is where all of the country's top Aro's and FH breeders meet online. For sure you'll get quality FH here for an affordable price.

Buying a cheap FH would do if you're still trying to learn the ropes. But you'll spend the same amount of time and money for a cheap and an expensive FH. So better buy a not so cheap one but not that expensive either if you don't plan to enter it in Fish Shows.

Hope this helps...

Not all flowerhorns grow "koks" or nuchal humps on their heads. This is mostly carried out by good genes coming from the parents. you can also try to enhance it by giving quality feeds like ChingmixSP50 (w/c costs about 720 for 120grams!) but still the genes determine if the FH will have a kok or not.

Regarding the color, again it all depends on the genes though there are some FH's that are late bloomers they sometimes show their colors one they hit about 5". There are feeds to enhance their color as well. The color also depends on the strain of the FH. There are a lot of strains to choose from nowadays. Instead of buying at cartimar why don't you try this site instead  PALHS. This is where I bought mine from one of the members. I can refer you to them if you're really interested to buy just PM me. This is where all of the country's top Aro's and FH breeders meet online. For sure you'll get quality FH here for an affordable price.

Buying a cheap FH would do if you're still trying to learn the ropes. But you'll spend the same amount of time and  money for a cheap and an expensive FH. So better buy a not so cheap one but not that expensive either if you don't plan to enter it in Fish Shows.

Hope this helps...

thanx for the info. im still weighing things if ill buy a flower horn or not.. medyo natatakot ako kasi baka mahirap.. i already have the site on my favorites.. thanx sir, busy kasi sa school and im also working full time at the same time. kaya baka wala pang oras pang flower horn. para kasing high maintenance e. salamat!

We are maintaining two flowerhorns here are the pics..one is a crossbreed of red devil and flowerhorn, while the other one is a pure breed..di gano kita ung kulaykc camera phone lang gamit ko pero kita ung laki ng humps..it measures almost 1 feet now ( ung pure breed ha)..

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/mr999/19032006001.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/mr999/14042006005.jpg

Edited by ungas8
bro min sa aro ang alam ko dyan bro e 75 gal.

although aro is not my type e ok naman sila.

hindi nga lang interactive tulad ng FH

dipende sa arowana... pag silver mas lumalaki ata.. ako nagka australian gold arowana.. altough hindi gano lumaki pero alam ko kasya siya sa 50 kasi hindi naman siya lumalaki tulad ng silver

we have a colubian catfish or what is called hammer head here in the phils. we've had it for 8 years now, he started at 2 inches now he's at 16 inches. were planning to move him to a bigger aquarium. just want to ask what else can we feed him to make him a lot bigger. we're currently feeding him sinking pellets. we know that if he grows any bigger that diet will not be enough to support his nutritional needs. any kind of advise is appreciated. thanks!

a normal diet would do bro. pellets are still good 2 to 3 times a day.

kust make sure na hindi masikip ang tank nya

Thanks man! So ireally don't have to change his diet, i just have to increase his food intake. We'll be changing his tank this week from 35g to 75g, di na kase talaga siya kasya and he's not used to water flowing inside his tank coz we changed his filter. Any advise on what kind of filter to use, something that will still keep him calm, but something effective. coz he doesn't like changig water very often. Thanks again bro butete12! :thumbsupsmiley:

. when I was in HS grabe ang hilig ko sa isda I had diff types of OSCARs (albhino,tiger,long fin etc.) i actually tried to breed oscar pa nga unfortunately indi nag match kulang kulang ako sa kaalaman that time then nag arrowana rin kmi which is still existing pa more than 3 feet. malaysian arowana to be exact. then suddenly my achis bf gave her a flowerhorn. For me i find it boring. sorry for the flowerhorn fans.

so evetually it passed away dunnoo weird bsta one day namatay na cya haha.

I also tried to have a salt water tank and guys tan*ina expensive tlga to. I sell al my oscars to bought stuffs for my salt water tank e.g

60 gals tank (coz its advisable to have larger tank the better)

lamp (for the heat)

hydrometer (for the salts)

live rock,corals etc..

salt water (P8.00 per gallon >_<)

powerhead filter

actually meron pa kming isang filter specialized for salwater tanks pra di masama yung salt.

and other stuffs

plus the fishes... ang maganda lng sa salwater fishes is its way more cheaper than the normal aquarium fishes.

but maintainin this kind of hobby is really challenging. mahira kung sa mahira at sobrang gastos talaga. sana balik na ko sa normal fish tank kaya lng sayang naman na invest ko sa mga isdang to haha

Thanks man! So ireally don't have to change his diet, i just have to increase his food intake. We'll be changing his tank this week from 35g to 75g, di na kase talaga siya kasya and he's not used to water flowing inside his tank coz we changed his filter. Any advise on what kind of filter to use, something that will still keep him calm, but something effective. coz he doesn't like changig water very often. Thanks again bro butete12! :thumbsupsmiley:

no prob bro.

i think a good powerhead for the 75 gal is around 2000 something liters/hour. wala pa akong 75 gal kaya di ko alam e. pero ok na siguro ung ganun.

overhead filter ang pinakamaganda talaga para sa akin na filter system.

as for changing the water, once a week is advisable na kung tamad ka na katulad ko. heheheh

remember na i cycle mo muna ung tank bro ah baka mamaya sa pag lipat mo e mamatay pa. sayang naman .

. when I was in HS grabe ang hilig ko sa isda I had diff types of OSCARs (albhino,tiger,long fin etc.) i actually tried to breed oscar pa nga unfortunately indi nag match kulang kulang ako sa kaalaman that time then nag arrowana rin kmi which is still existing pa more than 3 feet.  malaysian arowana to be exact. then suddenly my achis bf gave her a flowerhorn. For me i find it boring. sorry for the flowerhorn fans.

so evetually it passed away dunnoo  weird bsta one day namatay na cya haha.

I also tried to have a salt water tank and guys tan*ina expensive tlga to. I sell al my oscars to bought stuffs for my salt water tank e.g

60 gals tank (coz its advisable to have larger tank the better)

lamp (for the heat)

hydrometer (for the salts)

live rock,corals etc..

salt water (P8.00 per gallon >_<)

powerhead filter

actually meron pa kming isang filter specialized for salwater tanks pra di masama yung salt.

and other stuffs

plus the fishes... ang maganda lng sa salwater fishes is its way more cheaper than the normal aquarium fishes.

but maintainin this kind of hobby is really challenging. mahira kung sa mahira at sobrang gastos talaga. sana balik na ko sa normal fish tank kaya lng sayang naman na invest ko sa mga isdang to haha

bro tanong ko lang kung paano mo nalaman kung babae or lalake ung oscar mo ??

as i have done sa research e hindi mo malalaman physically. unless na madami sila at nag pair na lang.

i also agree na talagang mahirap ang mag maintain ng saltwater.