What's Your Video Card?

i am not very much into gaming and my pc has 1g ram, is it still advisable to get video card with high memory?

It depends on your overall system, if you're not into gaming then there is no use in buying a mid-high end video card.

You can even get by with the older 7*** series cards, they're all fairly cheap, even a 6600 series ones will do the job.

which version of GTS is this? 320mb or 640mb...which SLI mobo are you using?

I'm using these GPU's in an SLI setup - eVGA 8800GT SSC 512Mb:

http://www.evga.com/articles/378.asp

man that's rich ! two 8800 GTs in SLI ! have you tried playing crysis with that setup ? how was it ?

man that's rich ! two 8800 GTs in SLI ! have you tried playing crysis with that setup ? how was it ?

Crysis is a flawed gem. A brilliant looking game that sucks all the power of any gpu's that comes in it's path.

I play at a 1920x1200 resolution so I've had to turn a few settings on medium to get a steady playable frame rates with lots of eye-candy.

IMO...Call of Duty 4 looks even better but that's just my opinion

I thought you said you had 3DMark06 scores to show me...cos I asked you and you said yes. Are you familiar with that benchmarking tool?

I never said that. Please re read the previous posts

QUOTE (AriGold @ Dec 15 2007, 03:22 PM) *

That's an expensive card. Got any 3Dmark06 Benchmark scores?

Yes!

You did ask me - "Got any 3Dmark06 Benchmark scores?".....I replied Yes!...which I have....I never said or made a commitment that I will show it to you.

And I do am familiar with this benchmarking tool....

I never said that. Please re read the previous posts

QUOTE (AriGold @ Dec 15 2007, 03:22 PM) *

Yes!

You did ask me - "Got any 3Dmark06 Benchmark scores?".....I replied Yes!...which I have....I never said or made a commitment that I will show it to you.

And I do am familiar with this benchmarking tool....

Chill out man, no need to have a coronary. I didnt think those scores are secret since the scores are submitted online after you complete the test, but of course you would know that. That's why its called a benchmark, something to compare against.

Chill out man, no need to have a coronary. I didnt think those scores are secret since the scores are submitted online after you complete the test, but of course you would know that. That's why its called a benchmark, something to compare against.

Boy, you need to have an attitude adjustment...I am not having a coronary, but from the way you post, you are coming out as as abrasive.

I will be relating the following message as polite as I can and am not trying to stir up the pot....You are just three months as a member of of this forum, I have been here for five years...please try to phrase your posts well so that you will not be sending wrong impressions and messages.

Based on your post:

From my point of view, the way you phrase your post, its would seem that you are doubting I have this video card.

Benchmarks not indeed a secret...its just what the system can do based on how the software evaluates it.

So please try again one more time....ask nicely and politely, and I will try to post it.

Boy, you need to have an attitude adjustment...I am not having a coronary, but from the way you post, you are coming out as as abrasive.

I will be relating the following message as polite as I can and am not trying to stir up the pot....You are just three months as a member of of this forum, I have been here for five years...please try to phrase your posts well so that you will not be sending wrong impressions and messages.

Based on your post:

From my point of view, the way you phrase your post, its would seem that you are doubting I have this video card.

Benchmarks not indeed a secret...its just what the system can do based on how the software evaluates it.

So please try again one more time....ask nicely and politely, and I will try to post it.

Mate you're a victim of your own paranoia. So I tell you what, keep those details to yourself as I don't need to know them. I was merely trying to arouse a discussion since the cards that you and I own are from the same vendor so a technical discussion and comparisons between the two cards would have been nice.

You are just three months as a member of of this forum, I have been here for five years

Yes I can see that you're an active participant making an average of 1 post every 37 days, therefore your wisdom and reputation is far greater than mine. All hail to you oh Wise One!

Mate you're a victim of your own paranoia. So I tell you what, keep those details to yourself as I don't need to know them. I was merely trying to arouse a discussion since the cards that you and I own are from the same vendor so a technical discussion and comparisons between the two cards would have been nice.

Yes I can see that you're an active participant making an average of 1 post every 37 days, therefore your wisdom and reputation is far greater than mine. All hail to you oh Wise One!

See... you indeed need an attitude adjustment my boy. I was trying to be nice and polite but you keep giving out negative vibes.

Please try to articulate your thoughts carefully through your written posts so you will avoid any miscommunication. The English language in its written form do send out different signals if posts are not done right.

so where is it?

Again, take a deep breath, move away from your keyboard and reread your posts. It comes across as abrasive to me. Be nice...its more effective, and will take you further with people.

Remember the title of this thread is "What's Your Video Card?, PC gamers, what runs your GFX?" you have no right to demand from people about benchmarks and such>

Yes I seldom posts...mainly because I PM most of the service providers (PSPs) in this forum. Now again my boy, please play nice and behave.

Head over to the forums at www.tipidpc.com. You may pick out a few things from there. The posters there are more particular about enforcing good forum ethics, decorum and general good behavior.