All about PSEi addition: 

For today, it would be the addition of $EMP and $MONDE. Then removal of $BLOOM AND RRHI. This would be effective on Feb 14, 2022.

Not all are aware that PSEI addition is one of the hacks traders/investors use as opportunity to make some money in the markets. For simple reason, they are banking to bet/bought on the said stock name, that is rumored to be added on the index.

Previously, this was announced at the same time with the common public (including brokers/institutions). But they have noticed na nahihirapan sila (insti) to accumulate or distribute the shares. So, from what I know (psei addition/msci addition, were announced to institutions, brokers and the big boys beforehand nowadays).  Simple lang, alam na nila, bago mag Feb 14. Recently, I've learned from ms. april T na ung psei addition pala ay binibigyan ung brokers ng 1 week only (to make their transactions) then for msci addition (few weeks). Kaya mas ok ung MSCI, since mas may ample time sila mag accumulate/distribute ng gusto/ayaw nila na stock. Sana nagets?

Let's now go with the technicals. Feb 14 pa ung addition, why umangat at bumagsak na ung iba? ung iba range? Ito ung discounting mechanism ng market na lagi ko binabanggit. Nauuna talaga ung price, then the fundamental reason follows.

Evidence? See charts below. Bulag lang di makakita na ung isang stock lang ung binili ng karamihan. 

Lesson I want to impart with this. Regardless of the story, the hype, the fundamentals and rumors.

Be diligent enough, to always validate that information through price.

bloom.png

rrhi.png

emp.png

monde.png

20 minutes ago, Harding said:

i have 4 stock brokers with different weekly stock recommendations and quite confusing based on the market performance. At the end of the day, i do my own decision on my stock trading base on the stock price and volume.

stock brokers? meaning tao? If yes, that's normal. For a simple reason, that each people have different strategies and discipline.

Miski nga same system, discipline, strat na gamet. At times, magkaiba paren ung interpretation ng bawat isa. This is mentioned by one of the fund managers in US btw. Just relaying info.

Quite different for me though, i don't need any recos, hype, stories and etc. I find which stocks to trade, research about it, and execute if needed according to plan. This fits me well, other people may do other things. It's their call, since its their money. :)

42 minutes ago, ichiromiyata98 said:

stock brokers? meaning tao? If yes, that's normal. For a simple reason, that each people have different strategies and discipline.

Miski nga same system, discipline, strat na gamet. At times, magkaiba paren ung interpretation ng bawat isa. This is mentioned by one of the fund managers in US btw. Just relaying info.

Quite different for me though, i don't need any recos, hype, stories and etc. I find which stocks to trade, research about it, and execute if needed according to plan. This fits me well, other people may do other things. It's their call, since its their money. :)

I am referring to my stock brokers col, abacus, AAA and bdo. i lost money from their recommendations before because the prices are like whipsaw haha. 

Yeah I believe too that we have different stock interpretations esp stock charts.  we develop our own trading style to auit our risk appetite.  it is very costly of losing money before gaining experience and yet commiting the same trading mistakes. According to survey, 90% of stock newbies lost money during their 1st year.

• Like (+1) 1
58 minutes ago, Harding said:

I am referring to my stock brokers col, abacus, AAA and bdo. i lost money from their recommendations before because the prices are like whipsaw haha. 

Yeah I believe too that we have different stock interpretations esp stock charts.  we develop our own trading style to auit our risk appetite.  it is very costly of losing money before gaining experience and yet commiting the same trading mistakes. According to survey, 90% of stock newbies lost money during their 1st year.

Ahh gets, oo merun nga neto per brokers as guide. Magkaiba lang siguro ang bawat take ng tao sa ganitong information. 

Sample, merun reco si col. to buy stock $ABC at price 123, and the price plummets afterwards. The thing is, kahet merun ganun. Di ko tinatake as kasalanan nila. The act I normally use, is I try to be responsible for my trades/investments. Meaning, kahet may tech guide to buy stock $ABC sila na nilagay. Di naman 100% tatama sila. or laging mali sila. Tao yung mga yun, kagaya din naten. They are not God.

My point: traders/investors should be the one responsible. After all, tau naman pumindot ng buy/sell button. Di naman sila. :) Kahet sobrang galing nagkakamali. Mark Minervini nga e, USIC champion yun. sinabe nya mismo, i have lots of losses. Only, they are relatively small compared to my gains.

RE: the survey wala akong data for newbies looses money at their 1st year. So i wont comment about it. 

Ang pagkakaalam ko 80-95% of people looses their money in the stock market. Regardless of years investing/trading. So mangilan ngilan lang ung umuuwing nakangiti per year. May mga matagal naren kc sa market, pero di rin naman kumikita. Merun din namang, bago palang, pero kumikita. 

Edited by ichiromiyata98

little frustrated today sa spnec. daming nag profit taking early which is usual things traders do. i need to change my strategy to suit their style. parang daming nag aabang sa creit that they decided to allocate money for it. only my humble opinion and maybe not exactly true.

Edited by Harding
add idea
  • Like (+1) 1

Prices don't move in a straight line. The only reason, I haven't touched $SPNEC, is because the reward doesn't outweighs the risk at this point (my point of view). From the low it already rise 206.41% and coming from 1.50 (previous ATH LEVEL) it rise up 56%. Hence the reason, why there are lots of profit takers (short term). Overall this was uptrending stock, so still good for me, and liquidity is still present.

Also, it doesn't have a setup. For me to pick it up, so I'm not touching it. I rather rotate to where the money is flowing.

Leader names still would be ENERGY and financials. 

Themes currently moving at my view: Re-opening play, Sell-off for REit's seems to be done (choose the correct REit's and the strongest) 

I'm not touching $EMP as well, it's a missed trade for me. This is now extended, so I'm not touching it.

RE: CREIT, I don't buy stocks/REIts on IPO day. So no comment on this. 

Bottom line follow prices, your system, manage your risk, be discipline to follow your plan and all should be good. Just treat any info I lay in here as opinion, prices should always be validating those info.

Good luck!

Edited by ichiromiyata98
  • Like (+1) 1
2 hours ago, ichiromiyata98 said:

Prices don't move in a straight line. The only reason, I haven't touched $SPNEC, is because the risk doesn't outweighs the reward at this point. From the low it already rise 206.41% and coming from 1.50 (previous ATH LEVEL) it rise up 56%. To me, it a no brainer sell for me. Surely, there will be lots of profit takers. But this was still okay overall, what  I mean is, still an uptrending stock. 

At this point, it's just that, it doesn't have a setup. For me to pick it up, so I'm not touching it. Also clearly, the money is rotating to some names. 

Leader names still would be ENERGY and financials. 

Themes currently moving at my view: Re-opening play, Sell-off for REit's seems to be done (choose the correct REit's and the strongest) 

I'm not touching $EMP as well, it's a missed trade for me. This is now extended, so I'm not touching it.

RE: CREIT, I don't buy stocks on IPO day. So no comment on this. 

Bottom line follow prices, your system, manage your risk, be discipline to follow your plan and all should be good. Just treat any info I lay in here as opinion, prices should always be validating those info.

Good luck!

what stocks do you have if you are willing to share?

1 hour ago, Harding said:

what stocks do you have if you are willing to share?

Sorry, i dont do any reco's. But i used, Mark Minervini's trend template as a qualifier for the names that i'll be trading. I got 5 names right now. Port exposure is 100%, since the list and setups when i scanned off-market hours are expanding. And probes were working at my favor.

Here's a step, on how i scale in on a name.

Probing on a name, get feedback if it will work,hold if there is nothing to do, if it hits a cut point, then cut.

Let's say the initial probe works (i made money and up for a certain percent). Then the name re-setups (i try to add/scale in, note: i only add on a name that i have a cushion on it/average up).

Then sell on strength. Paulet ulet lang. If i see, that its a good market for holding for a bigger move, i do it. I try my best to listen and follow. If you want to see, how i trade. My previous trade is posted few days ago with $SPNEC. That's how i do it.

If one is not profitable on a 20-25% portfolio exposure, there is no intelligent reason to buy more. Same goes as, if one is exposed 50% and not made money on balance, there is no intelligent reason to be on a 75-100% exposure. Since timing is off, and etc.

Learned all of this from Mark M btw. Hope it helps!

33 minutes ago, ichiromiyata98 said:

Sorry, i dont do any reco's. But i used, Mark Minervini's trend template as a qualifier for the names that i'll be trading. I got 5 names right now. Port exposure is 100%, since the list and setups when i scanned off-market hours are expanding. And probes were working at my favor.

Here's a step, on how i scale in on a name.

Probing on a name, get feedback if it will work,hold if there is nothing to do, if it hits a cut point, then cut.

Let's say the initial probe works (i made money and up for a certain percent). Then the name re-setups (i try to add/scale in, note: i only add on a name that i have a cushion on it/average up).

Then sell on strength. Paulet ulet lang. If i see, that its a good market for holding for a bigger move, i do it. I try my best to listen and follow. If you want to see, how i trade. My previous trade is posted few days ago with $SPNEC. That's how i do it.

If one is not profitable on a 20-25% portfolio exposure, there is no intelligent reason to buy more. Same goes as, if one is exposed 50% and not made money on balance, there is no intelligent reason to be on a 75-100% exposure. Since timing is off, and etc.

Learned all of this from Mark M btw. Hope it helps!

I am also a fan of Mark M.  i ilke the way he explains his trading rules. Quite expensive to subsribe to him. i am able to change my trading style for the better because of him. 

it is ok if you don't want to share your holding stocks. we are only after knowledge that you have acquire over the years of trading. Mark and other stock gurus are generous enugh in telling about their stocks to guide other followers.

• Like (+1) 1
40 minutes ago, Harding said:

I am also a fan of Mark M.  i ilke the way he explains his trading rules. Quite expensive to subsribe to him. i am able to change my trading style for the better because of him. 

it is ok if you don't want to share your holding stocks. we are only after knowledge that you have acquire over the years of trading. Mark and other stock gurus are generous enugh in telling about their stocks to guide other followers.

Yeah, Mark do post some of his stock holdings via twitter. Sometimes a few minutes, few hours, or a day, after they bought it.

He does it, to educate people, di lang on time since baka magreklamo ung subscriber ng MPA, which is understandable. And most subscriber of MPA, have a basic knowledge of how Mark operate. In my case, i dont do that. Sobrang layo ng level ni Mark saken unang rason yun, tsaka mahirap na trabaho yun. takaw sisi. I prefer to work alone, tahimik, lowkey, at mas peaceful.

I already told this before, why learn from me, if you could learn from the master. Read, and study his books. 

Quite, confusing, you follow Marks style but you still hold $Acen? Not questioning your decision though. I dont interfere on someone's trade.

Naalala ko lang ung barkada ko nung college. Trader/investor din kc yun, nung natapos ko ung trade like a stock market wizard, sinabe ko sakanya at nireco ko ung book. sabe ko maganda ung content, and i made money using the strategy. Sagot nya saken, uu nabasa ko nga yun, maganda yung book, ginagamet din daw nya ung same strategy. Then that time, tinanong ko sya, "so what are you holding or names na interesado sya?". Lo and behold,ipit sya. At syempre, hoping and praying comes next.

He was able to ride, $MRC, for a 300% move, then wasted it all because of greed. Then hanggang sa onti-onting naubos ung gain, afterwards it was replaced of hope that $mRc will be back on its price top, then nung time na nag-usap kami ulet. He was already down, 30% from making a 300% gain. He was praying and hoping that the stock came back up, kasi sobrang laki na ng losses nya. Miski daw break even lang, benta na nya. 

Since medyo masaklap itong event. I never again ask my friend about that position. Sinabe ko lang sakanya, to learn from the lesson and be discipline next time.

Btw, tinanong nya ako, nung at profit pa sya. Sabe ko before it totally breakdowns, dumped it all. Since half of the gains were already wipe out that time. tas wala namang setup. He didnt follow, nagkataon chumamba ako. wasak ung stock after sometime. Dont know if ipit pa sya until now. It was years ago.

Edited by ichiromiyata98
53 minutes ago, ichiromiyata98 said:

Yeah, Mark do post some of his stock holdings via twitter. Sometimes a few minutes, few hours, or a day, after they bought it.

He does it, to educate people, di lang on time since baka magreklamo ung subscriber ng MPA, which is understandable. And most subscriber of MPA, have a basic knowledge of how Mark operate. In my case, i dont do that. Sobrang layo ng level ni Mark saken unang rason yun, tsaka mahirap na trabaho yun. takaw sisi. I prefer to work alone, tahimik, lowkey, at mas peaceful.

I already told this before, why learn from me, if you could learn from the master. Read, and study his books. 

Quite, confusing, you follow Marks style but you still hold $Acen? Not questioning your decision though. I dont interfere on someone's trade.

Naalala ko lang ung barkada ko nung college. Trader/investor din kc yun, nung natapos ko ung trade like a stock market wizard, sinabe ko sakanya at nireco ko ung book. sabe ko maganda ung content, and i made money using the strategy. Sagot nya saken, uu nabasa ko nga yun, maganda yung book, ginagamet din daw nya ung same strategy. Then that time, tinanong ko sya, "so what are you holding or names na interesado sya?". Lo and behold,ipit sya. At syempre, hoping and praying comes next.

He was able to ride, $MRC, for a 300% move, then wasted it all because of greed. Then hanggang sa onti-onting naubos ung gain, afterwards it was replaced of hope that $mRc will be back on its price top, then nung time na nag-usap kami ulet. He was already down, 30% from making a 300% gain. He was praying and hoping that the stock came back up, kasi sobrang laki na ng losses nya. Miski daw break even lang, benta na nya. 

Since medyo masaklap itong event. I never again ask my friend about that position. Sinabe ko lang sakanya, to learn from the lesson and be discipline next time.

Btw, tinanong nya ako, nung at profit pa sya. Sabe ko before it totally breakdowns, dumped it all. Since half of the gains were already wipe out that time. tas wala namang setup. He didnt follow, nagkataon chumamba ako. wasak ung stock after sometime. Dont know if ipit pa sya until now. It was years ago.

yes correct ka dyan. i am still holding acen but already the quantity is negligible that i can hold it till it makes a favorable move. anyway my paper losses in acen can be much covered by my gain in other stocks.  i lost touch of reality lol.  i am happy that many gurus are sharing. lately Mark is mentioning Cathy Wood a stock guru but she average down in her losses. he is showing what happened to her stock position that has to be recover in a decade if i am not mistaken. Even the most stock experts commit mistakes because of emotions. when we trade sometimes we are not ok. we tend to commit mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1
4 hours ago, Batang hampas lupa said:

Sa mga lodi natin dito na matagal na sa market....

Ilang percentage po ba ng profit ang yearly average ninyo sa market?

Maraming salamat po sa mga sasagot....

This is a very good question. I'll try to answer this with having a little knowledge and experience in the financial markets(yung maiisip ko lang ha. hahaha). Although, di ako lodi ha (subok lang).  Below information is true for me. I'll respect the others if they have different opinion and experiences.

- First of all, your percentage gains will be relative to one individuals performance. Meaning to say, gaano ka kasipag mag-aral, gaano ka kadisiplina sundin ung trade plan mo, gaano ka kagaling mag manage ng risk at stock position, gaano ka kagaling magbenta ng position, gaano ka kagaling "to sit out" if wala naman talagang matinong galaw, at gaano ka kagaling humuli ng leader name at maride mo yung "meat of the move" Ex. past leaders like $ACEN, MM, DITO. Your past performance is not a guarantee on your future performance.  Kaya nakalagay yan sa article ng USIC. Mababasa mo yun dun, if you google it. This is true!

- May factor din ung market condition. Like for example in PSE (2019 pandemic crash), that's a little tough. But opportunities, are still there. Hard penny environment nga lang at hindi easy dollars. So vice-versa, ung april 2020 (pandemic recovery) market improves, meaning to say, hinapit yun ng mga tao to make some money. Big money is made at the turn, after a huge correction. This was first mentioned by Paul Tudor Jones btw.

- Size or "port size" - There is a saying in the market that "size kills performance" and that is true. Mas madali i-manage yung worth 50,000 port vs 100,000 port vs 8-XX digit fund. That is why Stan Druckenmiller became famous even though he only bags 30% profit per year with no loosing month, in 3 decades. Btw he manages XXX billion US fund. Until now, as far as I'm aware of, no one still beats the guy. 

In addition to that, newbies or many people have a false idea of "In order to make money in the market, they should risk big amount. Wrong! It should be risk small, then when position is working at your favor, ride the move and concentrate (add position, if market will allows it/setup). Then sell at a higher price than you bought it. There are many strategies to make some money in here, but style drift is not one of them." Also, those strategies doesn't work all the time. As you can see, all strategies have one thing in common, that is "managing risk". that is the holy grail.

I hope I have enlighten your question. Good night!

15 hours ago, 831samramos said:

sa tingin niyo po. what is the ideal starting fund for stocks po?

The amount you afford to loose. Start small ika nga. Then focus on knowledge and gaining experience. I have tried using virtual port for about 3 weeks. Pero I found out na di effective sa akin. Yung advise din kasi nung magagaling sa US is, start small then work it out from there. 

Kung baket yun kasi, para matest mo kung working na ba yung strategy mo sa real market. At kung ano ba magiging result overtime (if profitable ba or flaud yung strat). So basically, testing the waters like any investments.

Then pag verified/consistent profitable na. That's the time you add money to your total fund (progressively). Since, for every stage of port. Meaning to say, pataas ng pataas ung amount ng minamanage e. Mas nagiging challenging.

If you want to try virtual port (demo account). You can create an account with investagrams, then use the virtual port. Advantage would be, if your wrong (you dont loose some money). Likewise, if you are right, you dont earn as well. Just a heads up, malaki ung kaibahan nung virtual port vs real port. It is because, alam mo sa sarili mo na wala namang mawawala if mali ka. So, walang emotional/mental pressure on your part.

The way I setup my virtual port before is, kung ano ung balak kung i-allocate na fund for real port. Yun ung sinet ko. Naseset naman kasi yun. So ayun ung sinet ko. Kung baket yun? ganto lang kasimple.

- para alam ko kung ano ang possible mangyare sa pera ko if ever. Mapatalo or panalo ako.

- To gain more knowledge, experienced, test strategies whether it will work for you or not.

Practical application example: Nagbabalak ako maglagay sa real port ng 2M. I-set mo sa virtual port mo is worth 2M. Then work it out from there, you can buy/sell a stock via virtual port. Real prices mimics the one in virtual port btw. So ayun, after a few months/years. You already have a feedback, if madali ba buhay dito or mahirap yung stock market investing/trading which ever sa balak mong path. Then maganda if you can provide a feedback afterwards, sa experience mo.

Yan lang naisip ko for now. Hope makatulong sau ito.

Edited by ichiromiyata98

Hyping words like "To the moon, Sky rocket, bodega na at ng wag maiwan". All that statement can be validated through charts alone.

To the moon for me btw, equates to a momentum stock with being it in All time high. Meaning, walang resistances sa taas (overhead supply). Tas syempre, walang ipit. Kaya sya cinoin na "to the moon" or "blue sky". 

Ways to validate:

1. open ka charting tool and check the specific chart.

2. Then check if all time high ba yung name. If hindi, edi "hype" lang.  But if prices breaks all time level. Yan to the moon nga yan.

Di naman sa binabara ko yung asa taas. Pero turo ko lang ung ways, para di kau masyado naloloko ng mga ganitong mga salita or masyado nag-eexpect. (Please see chart below).

-Di naman all time high to, prices close even lower than yesterday's close.

- Ni hindi pa nga nagbobounce at green candle sa daily chart. Tapos napakalau pa sa 23.40php (from 20php, 20% dapat itaas to reached it).

- At bago mag to the moon ito, kelangan maubos muna ung overhead supply sa taas (yung mga ipit). 

What to do, in case nabili mo ito? at late mo na nalaman ang katotohanan nung vinalidate no sa price chart:

1. wag magalit sa tao na nagpost. 

2. I-accept mo na andyan na ung stock position at if nahit cutloss point mo or early cut, ibenta mo at a loss (then rotate money sa mas magandang stock; traders way). Iba yung alam mo lang na nagkamali ka vs nalaman mo na mali ka, tas ginawan mo ng paraan. The latter, makes a big difference.

3. i-acknowledge mo na, maliban sa mali sya, aminin mo rin sa sarili mo na may pagkukulang ka. kasi in the 1st place, di mo naman ginawa ung "due diligence of validating information if it is right or wrong according to your system". 

4. Di naman kau magkakakila personally, wag umasa na may pake sya sau. Uunahin nun malamang ung sarili nyang port vs you.

5. Baka ung huli nyang sasabihin ay "it's a prankkkk!!! " hahaha

Make it a habit to validate information, as always. Miski kanino galing yung information.

mreit.png

Edited by ichiromiyata98