It may be time to put some teeth into the driving laws and penalties. Instead of a 500 peso fine, make it 5,000. Do you really think that your fellow driver will drive like an assh*le if he loses half a month's wages? Cameras on the corners and in police cars would also be a nice touch. My old cruiser automatically put the camera on whenver we lit someone up. Instant proof and an unmitigated way to stamp out corruption - if the guy doesn;t have his lights on, you don't pull over.

Finally, ambulances need cameras too. When the lights go on and they are trying to get someone to a hospital - GET THE f#&k OUT OF THE WAY! They won't put their lights on for quicker passage or shabu deliveries if they are being recorded and time stamped.

What say you?

Oooh, can we add something to get rid of all those nimrods with sirens? As well as politicos with 3 or 4 vehicle convoys that violate every traffic rule as if they were always on an emergency?

1) All smoke belchers shall be impounded. All repairs to be done outside the impounded area. Afterwhich it should be cleared prior to release. No repair, no use of vehicle.

2) No more tricycles. (only those that dont rely on 2-stroke engines will be allowed); pedicabs nalang. Kung ayaw mo, maglakad ka!!!

3) No 1st degree relatives to be allowed to hold the same office in consecutive terms.

4) actually, im an advocate for the law enforcement system that does "eye for an eye" sobra talaga mga walang disiplina dito. Di lang mga citizens, pati mga nasa gobyerno.

For number 3, extend that to 2nd degree relatives and in-laws.

in the philippines, once you pay withholding/tax.... that means you pay your own way. you get no help from the govt anyway... in fact all their systems are geared towards extracting more money from you.

lets pass a law that all Govt officials must be taxpayers before they get elected or appointed to any office. Show us your 2305.

Heck, add in a law that whatever businesses are owned by all and any gov't official shall be confiscated by gov't and IF gov't makes a profit (without any additional taxes) then he/they get their properties back, otherwise ... sell it off to pay gov't debt.

EMERGENCY SUBSIDY TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS

Private schools are going out of business. Public schools, in the meantime, are bursting at the seams. What gives? The middle class simply can't afford to send their kids to private schools anymore.

QUICK FIX: Subsidize private schools via tax breaks to enable them to lower tuition fees. That may sound unfair and elitist at first glance, but if you really examine it, this will also benefit the "original" public school students by decongesting public schools.

LONG-TERM SOLUTION: Build more classrooms. Send the bill to those "PRO-LIFE" advocates who says we are not overpopulated. Seriously, let the local municipalities shoulder part of the cost. Makati has done it. And Mayor SB of QC, has been doing it lately.

??? Or build more public schools ... better yet limit # of children to 2 per couple.

I just thought of two that are very near and dear to my heart.

1) Provide the funding to arm your patrolmen and women with sidearms and ammunition that aren't a joke.

2) Legislation that allows for the construction of solar and wind power for electrical service. A 48,000 P Meralco bill for May is f#&king outrageous. Stop making excuses and harness what the good Lord has given the RP plenty of - solar and wind resources.

Can I get an 'Amen'?

To #1, give each citizen back their rights to carry guns, I'd like to see how many crooks are dumb enough to try a robbery when a couple of hundred enraged bank depositors pull out their pistols. To #2 ... hell yeah!!!

Government subsidies for local filmmakers, removal of heavy tax burden to local producers to reignite the Philippine film industry (at least, provide a respite from the trite love stories and hackneyed fantasy pastiches forced down our throats during the holiday season)

Use of cinema/video as a medium for promoting tourism; giving tax breaks to international film producers shooting in this country.

Public execution for the following crimes (pref. by guillotine):

1) Rebellion

2) Rape

3) Embezzlement of gov't funds

Gov't subsidies for local film-makers??? Hell no, if they create quality shows, people will watch, they keep filming this bovine excrement, they deserve to go out of business. Public execution ... why not ... but let's use a bolo, keep it more 'pinoy'. :thumbsupsmiley:
How about ABOLISHING the jeepney as a mode of public transport????

Anyone for that?

heck no!

the jeepney is a pinoy trademark. its something that the world over knows is truly pinoy!

instead, perhaps we can make it into a law that:

jeepneys need to be reconditioned/remanufactured (to stop smoke belching, and carry more passengers),

its drivers given extra seminars (on road courtesy and safety) and lastly

all drivers are on salaries (this is to ensure that we can impose strict discipline of drivers, a schedule for plying the routes, and more efficiency in the mass transport sector).

heck no!

the jeepney is a pinoy trademark. its something that the world over knows is truly pinoy!

instead, perhaps we can make it into a law that:

jeepneys need to be reconditioned/remanufactured (to stop smoke belching, and carry more passengers),

its drivers given extra seminars (on road courtesy and safety) and lastly

all drivers are on salaries (this is to ensure that we can impose strict discipline of drivers, a schedule for plying the routes, and more efficiency in the mass transport sector).

Sort of like a mini-bus company eh?
How about ABOLISHING the jeepney as a mode of public transport????

Anyone for that?

We don't need new legislation for this. All that needs to be done is for the LTO and LTFRB to do their jobs. Market forces will do the rest... if not totally eliminate them, at least keep them at a minimum level in the Metro. How? This is a fact, jeepney drivers and operators factor in their "cost of living" when demanding for fare hikes. How fair is that? Jeepneys are inefficient. Commuters would rather take a ride on a balls-crunching-overcapacity-filled bus than to take a jeepney that stops at every 100 meters to wait and wail for passengers! That's the reason jeepneys demand fare hikes far more than bus companies do. The LTFRB must do their jobs. Examine the fare increase request FAIRLY. It is not the COMMUTERS FAULT that jeepneys don't make money anymore. People don't like their service... either they adapt... or they die...

Private schools are simply businesses.

To give them an emergency subsidy would open the floodgates for the same "subsidy" for other businesses who are having difficult times. Its a waste of people's tax money.

If there is any sector that needs a subsidy, that would be the AGRICULTURAL sector.

I propose a subsidy for farmers, and agri-businesses. (Similiar to the American and European agricultural models).

This way, the countryside gets developed; the exodus by promdis to the cities is lessened; and we drive our farmers to adopt more scientific and modern farming methods to create a surplus of agri-products for the consumption of the populace at a lower price than today's prices.

I agree. Private schools don't need any subsidy. Instead of giving subsidy to private schools, the public school system should be improved.

Agriculture is one aspect that the country could excel. The potential of agriculture is enormous but it is under achieving. We should at least be self sustaining in terms of agricultural products (note: we import rice from vietnam, thailand and other countries, tsk tsk tsk).

We don't need new legislation for this. All that needs to be done is for the LTO and LTFRB to do their jobs. Market forces will do the rest... if not totally eliminate them, at least keep them at a minimum level in the Metro. How? This is a fact, jeepney drivers and operators factor in their "cost of living" when demanding for fare hikes. How fair is that? Jeepneys are inefficient. Commuters would rather take a ride on a balls-crunching-overcapacity-filled bus than to take a jeepney that stops at every 100 meters to wait and wail for passengers! That's the reason jeepneys demand fare hikes far more than bus companies do. The LTFRB must do their jobs. Examine the fare increase request FAIRLY. It is not the COMMUTERS FAULT that jeepneys don't make money anymore. People don't like their service... either they adapt... or they die...

The problem is not with the jeepney per se but with the commuters. Commuters here tend to be lazy. People should be encouraged (or worse, forced) to walk to and from proper Bus Stops/Jeepney Stop/FX Stops.

I agree. Private schools don't need any subsidy. Instead of giving subsidy to private schools, the public school system should be improved.

YES! That's the FINAL and LONG-TERM SOLUTION. But in the meantime, what to do? I am not saying that the subsidy will be PERMANENT. Kaya nga "emergency subsidy" ang tawag e. In the meantime that the proposed MORE CLASSROOMS are yet to completed... then by all means, subsidized private schools SPECIFICALLY in order for them to lower their tuition fees... and allow the middle class to go back to private schools. It's a bubble gum solution, I admit. But hey, which is worse... government loses money or more illiterate kids?

1. Declare my bday as Nudist Day...everyone goes out nude......of course with special activities such as Nude marathons and Mardi Gras parties all night long

2. Abolish censorship....replace with parental guidance advisories.

3. Forced Vasectomy for couples who had more than 2 kids.

4. Declare Pasay City as the prostitution and plastic surgery capital of the world.

5. Hands on Sex education for all high school students...with coed participation once a month.

6. All vehicles must have working aircons

7. No more tricycle franchises ever.

8. No more korean telenobelas....replace them with Barely Legal reruns.

9. Abolish Income taxes on compensation....rather replace them with required manhours and monetary contributions for civic oriented activities...money to be paid to the NGOs. Instead of taxes paid by corporations.....they redirect payment to local government units for infrastructure of their locality.

10. Luxury tax imposed on all purchases of luxury items (e.g new model of cellphones, cars, jewelry, 1st class airfare tickets)

11. Reclusion perpetua for those convicted of manslaughter while driving under the influence of alcohol.

12. 500% increase in taxes for liquor and cigarettes.

13. Legalize marijuana for medical reasons only....Only those licensed to smoke pot can smoke pot.

14. Public sodomy for those convicted of rape....meaning to say they will be mouth/butt f#&ked by more than 500 + men at Luneta....and later executed by firing squad.

15. Finalize the Anti-discrimination law.

16. Legalize divorce.

17. No cars more than 10 years can be allowed to roam the Philippine roads and highways.

18. 15-16 month pays to all government employees.

19. Total log ban for 8 years

20. Filipino First Policy.

The problem is not with the jeepney per se but with the commuters. Commuters here tend to be lazy. People should be encouraged (or worse, forced) to walk to and from proper Bus Stops/Jeepney Stop/FX Stops.
Fine the driver and the passengers who cause traffic.

YES! That's the FINAL and LONG-TERM SOLUTION. But in the meantime, what to do? I am not saying that the subsidy will be PERMANENT. Kaya nga "emergency subsidy" ang tawag e. In the meantime that the proposed MORE CLASSROOMS are yet to completed... then by all means, subsidized private schools SPECIFICALLY in order for them to lower their tuition fees... and allow the middle class to go back to private schools. It's a bubble gum solution, I admit. But hey, which is worse... government loses money or more illiterate kids?
Heck, a temporary (and cheaper) solution would be using some 2x4s and some sheets of tin to make a temporary classroom while the permanent versions are being built.

4. Declare Pasay City as the prostitution and plastic surgery capital of the world.

3. What about guys who have multiple wives (i.e. Muslims) and guys who don't get hitched and instead have multiple girlfriends?

4. Pasay??? Heck no ... San Juan!!!

10. Luxury tax imposed on all purchases of luxury items (e.g new model of cellphones, cars, jewelry, 1st class airfare tickets)
Cars already are a luxury item, they are taxed 200% ... the new car you are buying is only 1/3rd of the selling price before government steps in.

13. Legalize marijuana for medical reasons only....Only those licensed to smoke pot can smoke pot.

14. Public sodomy for those convicted of rape....meaning to say they will be mouth/butt f#&ked by more than 500 + men at Luneta....and later executed by firing squad.

12. Why???

13. Hmmm ... I'm mildly neurotic, where can I get a licence?

14. What about female rapists? You know, women who rape other women? Or women who rape men?

Heck no ... those lazy bums are overpaid ... get rid of the inefficient bastards and pass their pay on to their more efficient colleagues.

19. Or force replanting of trees to be paid for by those that cut them.

20. Isn't this what is forcing so many investors out of the RP in the first place?

The problem is not with the jeepney per se but with the commuters. Commuters here tend to be lazy. People should be encouraged (or worse, forced) to walk to and from proper Bus Stops/Jeepney Stop/FX Stops.Fine the driver and the passengers who cause traffic.

Heck, a temporary (and cheaper) solution would be using some 2x4s and some sheets of tin to make a temporary classroom while the permanent versions are being built.

3. What about guys who have multiple wives (i.e. Muslims) and guys who don't get hitched and instead have multiple girlfriends?

Cars already are a luxury item, they are taxed 200% ... the new car you are buying is only 1/3rd of the selling price before government steps in.

12. Why???

14. What about female rapists? You know, women who rape other women? Or women who rape men?

Heck no ... those lazy bums are overpaid ... get rid of the inefficient bastards and pass their pay on to their more efficient colleagues.

20. Isn't this what is forcing so many investors out of the RP in the first place?

Same goes to them as well…..basta for every person who has two or more children irregardless of source…..baogin agad :boo:

Nahh…. I'm from Pasay…Im supposed to be biased :boo:

Yeah….and still people find ways to get them and contribute to the traffic problem…maybe id be considerable with 2nd hand cars but not with brand new ones.

12. Why???

Simple. You increase the taxes….you decrease the number of people who can afford it…..thereby contributing to a more healthy environment (Less smokers) …..while you deter crime (drunk driving and other crimes due to alcohol influence)

Me too…..we need to find one :P

14. What about female rapists? You know, women who rape other women? Or women

Same goes for them….they'll be f#&ked in all holes by 500+ men and they are to swallow all cum in their mouth….they'll be double penetrated….dildo rape…..pierced and turned into sex slaves as community service instead of being executed by firing squad :evil:

If I were a lawmaker….I need my employees to be loyal to me…..If I spoil them with benefits….they'd be too lazy to get money from other sources….they'll pass my goodwill through word of mouth. And they will be my walking advertisement for the next presidential elections. I'd be more stricter to them on corruption charges but very lenient to them on making money legally so I doubt if theyd even consider going back to their wrong ways.

Force replanting is already ongoing during the log ban as to be required to all Elementary and secondary students so I don't think giving this nasty businessmen an option is an option.

I don't think so…..you can't fear something your competitors cannot make….Filipino first policy deals with Filipino products alone….for as long as there are Filipino products falling in the category….they should be given priority.

Same goes to them as well…..basta for every person who has two or more children irregardless of source…..baogin agad :boo:
Okay, I've got no issue against that.

Nahh…. I'm from Pasay…Im supposed to be biased :boo:
Nahhh ... I'm from San Juan ... I'm biased too.

Yeah….and still people find ways to get them and contribute to the traffic problem…maybe id be considerable with 2nd hand cars but not with brand new ones.
Or remove vehicles that are 10 years or older from the streets and reduce the price of vehicles, that way, supposedly the new cars are more 'fuel efficient' and 'less polluting', ergo cleaner and roomier roads.

Simple. You increase the taxes….you decrease the number of people who can afford it…..thereby contributing to a more healthy environment (Less smokers) …..while you deter crime (drunk driving and other crimes due to alcohol influence)
I take it you ain't a smoker? Well if we are going to stop people from having the simple things that please them, we should expand it, raise the taxes equally. Although increasing the punishment for all crimes would be nice.

Me too…..we need to find one :P
Any idea where to find a head doc?

Same goes for them….they'll be f#&ked in all holes by 500+ men and they are to swallow all cum in their mouth….they'll be double penetrated….dildo rape…..pierced and turned into sex slaves as community service instead of being executed by firing squad :evil:
Hmmm ... okay.

If I were a lawmaker….I need my employees to be loyal to me…..If I spoil them with benefits….they'd be too lazy to get money from other sources….they'll pass my goodwill through word of mouth. And they will be my walking advertisement for the next presidential elections. I'd be more stricter to them on corruption charges but very lenient to them on making money legally so I doubt if theyd even consider going back to their wrong ways.
Nah, I'm still against the whole concept.

Force replanting is already ongoing during the log ban as to be required to all Elementary and secondary students so I don't think giving this nasty businessmen an option is an option.
And where are we going to get paper (of all sorts)? Recycling uses more energy than making new products, and importing the raw paper pulp is just ridiculous, controlled logging and forced replanting just may be the ticket.

I don't think so…..you can't fear something your competitors cannot make….Filipino first policy deals with Filipino products alone….for as long as there are Filipino products falling in the category….they should be given priority.
So, we should ban ALL vehicle importation? After all Sarao makes vehicles locally. Oh, no more imported clothes and food since we can make those here as well. I don't see how that would work.
1. Declare my bday as Nudist Day...everyone goes out nude......of course with special activities such as Nude marathons and Mardi Gras parties all night long

2. Abolish censorship....replace with parental guidance advisories.

5. Hands on Sex education for all high school students...with coed participation once a month.

6. All vehicles must have working aircons

7. No more tricycle franchises ever.

8. No more korean telenobelas....replace them with Barely Legal reruns.

9. Abolish Income taxes on compensation....rather replace them with required manhours and monetary contributions for civic oriented activities...money to be paid to the NGOs. Instead of taxes paid by corporations.....they redirect payment to local government units for infrastructure of their locality.

11. Reclusion perpetua for those convicted of manslaughter while driving under the influence of alcohol.

15. Finalize the Anti-discrimination law.

16. Legalize divorce.

17. No cars more than 10 years can be allowed to roam the Philippine roads and highways.

Is there a Rage Party in da haus? :huh:

On a more serious note, I think the first order of the day is to clean up the electoral process to ensure accountability of public officials.

Second would be to clean up the courts, install a practical jury system & clear up the backlogs in cases.

Third would be reforming the civil service so public servants are accountable to the citizens & not to their political patrons & be retrained or retired cost-effectively so that working for the government is a choice, neither a piece of largesse nor a dead-end job for deadbeats.

how about no subsidy and just socialize the private schools?

if the govt plunks money into a private school, that entitles the state to a stake in the school. more money, more stake.

that means instant classrooms for the public schools.

in the long run, these schools will be state run.

solves the issue of closing schools, more public classrooms, govt doesnt lose money since it invests in the school and no illiterate kids.

cool, huh.

let's move on. the elections are over so let's all try to see what the "New" congress needs to do to improve our lives.

Just read how the bill to provide for cheap medicine was put in the "Blackhole of Bills for Discussion", maybe never to see the light of day. the drug companies lobbied hard for this not to be passed. My GAD!!! prices of meds in India are at least 1/5 of the prices here!!! The so called generics drugs here are hardly available from the bigger drug stores due to the pressure of the big players. In India, there may be a lot of poor people but at least they can afford to buy medicine. SANAMAGAN people, we should try to push your public servants to make affordable drugs on the market. We are killing our people through inaction, neglect, self interest and GREED!!!!!!!!!

let's move on. the elections are over so let's all try to see what the "New" congress needs to do to improve our lives.

Just read how the bill to provide for cheap medicine was put in the "Blackhole of Bills for Discussion", maybe never to see the light of day. the drug companies lobbied hard for this not to be passed. My GAD!!! prices of meds in India are at least 1/5 of the prices here!!! The so called generics drugs here are hardly available from the bigger drug stores due to the pressure of the big players. In India, there may be a lot of poor people but at least they can afford to buy medicine. SANAMAGAN people, we should try to push your public servants to make affordable drugs available in the market. We are killing our people through inaction, neglect, self interest and GREED!!!!!!!!!

Pagtibayin ang batas sa no permit no rally. Lalo na sa mga major highways

Sorry guys, I do believe in democrasy and freedom of expression, but like I said you can't practice freedom and not take accountability for the conequences of exercising thereof. Im not questionin the intent of the rallies, only the manner on how it will be done

You see kalsada yan eh, daanan yan ng tao. Daanan yan ng sasakyan. Daanan din yan ng ambulansya. Me karapatan kang ihayag ang gusto mo, pero wala kang karapatang abalahin ang ibang tao dahil gusto mo lang magrally. Other people have the equal right to use roads and not be late to their appointment especially if it is a major emergency.

If Snalakas et. al believes in the idea of equality for all, then what could be more selfish than blocking major public streets so that only you can useit for your own purpose

Pagtibayin ang batas sa no permit no rally. Lalo na sa mga major highways

Sorry guys, I do believe in democrasy and freedom of expression, but like I said you can't practice freedom and not take accountability for the conequences of exercising thereof. Im not questionin the intent of the rallies, only the manner on how it will be done

You see kalsada yan eh, daanan yan ng tao. Daanan yan ng sasakyan. Daanan din yan ng ambulansya. Me karapatan kang ihayag ang gusto mo, pero wala kang karapatang abalahin ang ibang tao dahil gusto mo lang magrally. Other people have the equal right to use roads and not be late to their appointment especially if it is a major emergency.

If Snalakas et. al believes in the idea of equality for all, then what could be more selfish than blocking major public streets so that only you can useit for your own purpose

I am just reminded of something told to me by a wise man, "when the right to speak out is curtailed, freedom of speech is dead." I agree that the roads are for the people, and I hate it when rallies block the roads, still, all-in-all, the people protesting are still citizenry, and thus have the right to use the road. I will still hate what they are doing, but it IS their right.

But, yeah, I really want to agree with you there.

I am just reminded of something told to me by a wise man, "when the right to speak out is curtailed, freedom of speech is dead." I agree that the roads are for the people, and I hate it when rallies block the roads, still, all-in-all, the people protesting are still citizenry, and thus have the right to use the road. I will still hate what they are doing, but it IS their right.

But, yeah, I really want to agree with you there.

Well right to speak yes. Im not questioning the right to say what they want. The manner though the one in question. Pero wala silang karapatang humarang sa kalsada ng basta na lang

If it was absolute then we wont need laws against libel and defamation now would we.

Well right to speak yes. Im not questioning the right to say what they want. The manner though the one in question. Pero wala silang karapatang humarang sa kalsada ng basta na lang

If it was absolute then we wont need laws against libel and defamation now would we.

maiinis ka nga talaga pag nakaharang sila,

however that's their right,

just like in any parade, or santacruzan, or prusisyon...

the job of keeping the streets passable is that of the police...

so when roads are blocked, its not the rallyists but the cops who should be blamed for not doing their jobs.

maiinis ka nga talaga pag nakaharang sila,

however that's their right,

just like in any parade, or santacruzan, or prusisyon...

the job of keeping the streets passable is that of the police...

so when roads are blocked, its not the rallyists but the cops who should be blamed for not doing their jobs.

Well if thats your point, then napakaselfish naman nyan.

Well heres the deal.

1.) para saan ba kalsada? Di ba daanan ng sasakyan? Pano kung ambulansya ang di makadaan at namatay pasyente? Pwede mo ba sabihin na mas me karapatan kang maghayag ng saloobin mo sa pasyente na gusto mabuhay?

2.) Police? Well if thats your argument then with more reason we should have laws to police them. In the first place Di ka pwede mag sta. cruzan o parada ng walang kaukulang permit. At supervised yan ng mga pulis at nabibigay yan sila ng traffic advisory at least a day ahead. Eh ang mga ralliyista gusto na lang bumulga dyan sa daan ng hindi inaasahan

3.) In the first place, sumusunod ba sa mga pulis yang mga ralliyistang yan? Nakaranas na po ako sumali sa mga ilang kilos protesta. And I will tell you, this, ralliyista ang laging naguumpisa ng gulo hindi ang pulis. Riot police are ordered to use defensive routines and are ordered to pacify demonstrators in such a way that will minimize the use of offensive attacks. Demonstrators on the other hand are unruly, uncivilized and violent. Kakatawa nga eh, nung yung riot police na napilyan nagreklamo sa commission on human rights, pinagtawanan pa siya ng mga commissioners

4.) Kung simpleng photo shoot nga lang sa kalsada kelangan ng permit, rally pa kaya?

5.) No citizen has the right to cause obstruction on the streets, moreso inhibit anybody to exercise their own right not to be an obstruction. And if inevitably you will cause such, securing a permit is the least responsible thing to do.

Sa japan me demostrators din. Pero regulated. Me oras lang at espasyo na binibigay. At pagkatapos obligado silang ligpitin kalat nila. Eh dito? Maninira pa ng public at private property magvavandalize pa. At pag kinasuhan mo, gagamitin pang dahilan ang bill of rights. Well we have other laws than those provided in the bill of rights :thumbsdownsmiley:

At sa mga rallyista, maghanap nga kayo ng trabaho! Kung me trabaho kayo di kayo magraralyy kasi sayang ang bawas sa sweldo pag absent kayo

Or remove vehicles that are 10 years or older from the streets and reduce the price of vehicles, that way, supposedly the new cars are more 'fuel efficient' and 'less polluting', ergo cleaner and roomier roads.

I guess so…..but thinking further I realized traffic is proportional to the number of cars on the streets. We can't do anything about the positioning of roads and highways coz' that's how its gonna be otherwise it will be costly……we can only contain the quantity of the vehicles. We reduce the numbers, we reduce traffic….numbers can't only comprise of old cars but brand new cars as well….some people just got enough money to buy more that 3 brand new cars for each of their children and it will still clog our streets….so I revert back to my original position.

I take it you ain't a smoker? Well if we are going to stop people from having the simple things that please them, we should expand it, raise the taxes equally. Although increasing the punishment for all crimes would be nice.

On the contrary, I am. I hope this would give me the opportunity to lead by example.

There have been existing laws for crimes related to these and they still don't learn….that's why I think that the best way to stop these vices is to not make them affordable.

And where are we going to get paper (of all sorts)? Recycling uses more energy than making new products, and importing the raw paper pulp is just ridiculous, controlled logging and forced replanting just may be the ticket.

I think this is an issue of what to prioritize…..With technology on the rise, I wouldn't mind having a paper crisis in my term if it would mean enough time for those trees to mature and thereby save a lot of lives in the future….Lack of paper can't take away lives…..but the lack of trees can.

So, we should ban ALL vehicle importation? After all Sarao makes vehicles locally. Oh, no more imported clothes and food since we can make those here as well. I don't see how that would work.

Hahaha….got me on that one…..Sarao is a jeepney, not a sedan or a 4wd or a muscle car…..i don't see any problem with that.

Here's the problem with colonial mentality….we got so brainwashed with imports we forgot we can make the same thing if we set our mind into it….Look at China….Taiwan….we criticize them for pirating things but guess who has the last laugh in revenues…..its them….they even went to the point that they were like almost encouraging piracy. During Marshall Law, there was a scarcity of imported goods….Apples and imported chocolates….even US canned goods were a luxury back then…..but somehow the Filipinos survived….

It's all mindset. Its' ridiculous to protest or walk down the streets just because you can't consume imported products like the way you used to.

Well if thats your point, then napakaselfish naman nyan.

not quite.

it's a right. inalienable as anybody else's.

it's in the exercise and the regulation that this right is misunderstood.

Well heres the deal.

1.) para saan ba kalsada? Di ba daanan ng sasakyan? Pano kung ambulansya ang di makadaan at namatay pasyente? Pwede mo ba sabihin na mas me karapatan kang maghayag ng saloobin mo sa pasyente na gusto mabuhay?

ang kalsada ay daanan. tama yan. pero di lang sasakyan ang pwede gumamit niyan. pwede karitela, biskleta at ang iyong pedestrian, kung marami sila.

now as far as the ambulansya, i have not heard of any that died kasi hinarang ng rallyista. most people (and rallyists) have the decency to let an ambulance pass.

2.) Police? Well if thats your argument then with more reason we should have laws to police them. In the first place Di ka pwede mag sta. cruzan o parada ng walang kaukulang permit. At supervised yan ng mga pulis at nabibigay yan sila ng traffic advisory at least a day ahead. Eh ang mga ralliyista gusto na lang bumulga dyan sa daan ng hindi inaasahan

[

b]

the police are there to ensure that traffic flows. nandun sila para siguruhing nasa ayos ang lahat. kung minsan nga escort pa sila. (remember ninoy? fpj?)

now as to the issuance of permits, the city or municipality has no right to deny anyone a permit, since this is a basic right, guaranteed by the constitution itself. unless it is proven that it is not feasible to do so, the city can only regulate the issuance so that groups don't do it simultaneously. so its a scheduling matter. (unless of course these are traditional events like the may 1 rallies).

now this is where it gets sticky because of political leanings. what happens is that pro-govt will always get permits. anti-govt will almost always get no permit. can you blame them kung bumulaga sila one day when they schedule 30 days or 3 months ahead and a permit is denied them? it's like denying your right to fart in public.[/b]

3.) In the first place, sumusunod ba sa mga pulis yang mga ralliyistang yan? Nakaranas na po ako sumali sa mga ilang kilos protesta. And I will tell you, this, ralliyista ang laging naguumpisa ng gulo hindi ang pulis. Riot police are ordered to use defensive routines and are ordered to pacify demonstrators in such a way that will minimize the use of offensive attacks. Demonstrators on the other hand are unruly, uncivilized and violent. Kakatawa nga eh, nung yung riot police na napilyan nagreklamo sa commission on human rights, pinagtawanan pa siya ng mga commissioners

this is not as simple as it looks.

yun din bang mga pulis eh sumusunod sa regulasyon? may permit ka na nga at lahat, tapos ayaw ka pag-assemble-in sa lugar mo? sino naman matutuwa nun.

as far as defensive routines, maybe you weren't there before edsa 1, during the dark days of martial law. police aren't there for defensive postures, they're there to break up rallies, inflict pain and as much damage as they can with maximum tolerance.

is it any different now?

4.) Kung simpleng photo shoot nga lang sa kalsada kelangan ng permit, rally pa kaya?

5.) No citizen has the right to cause obstruction on the streets, moreso inhibit anybody to exercise their own right not to be an obstruction. And if inevitably you will cause such, securing a permit is the least responsible thing to do.

Sa japan me demostrators din. Pero regulated. Me oras lang at espasyo na binibigay. At pagkatapos obligado silang ligpitin kalat nila. Eh dito? Maninira pa ng public at private property magvavandalize pa. At pag kinasuhan mo, gagamitin pang dahilan ang bill of rights. Well we have other laws than those provided in the bill of rights :thumbsdownsmiley:

At sa mga rallyista, maghanap nga kayo ng trabaho! Kung me trabaho kayo di kayo magraralyy kasi sayang ang bawas sa sweldo pag absent kayo

that's what they said when marcos was in power. and yet....

that's what they said when erap was in power. and yet...

and now, kung may trabaho ba, is it guaranteed that they won't take to the streets?

as long as there are legitimate grievances, and legitimate venues are denied them to air these grievances, rallies will always be the favored venue to do so.

perhaps what is needed is to give these people the understanding they want at the very least, or the justice that they seek, if at all.