Which Internet Service Provider Do You Prefer?

• 3 months later...

At first we had Globe since PLDT is not yet available in our area that time. Then, after 2-3 years we changed to PLDT and it was better compared to Globe(same plan). Recently, I need to change ISP again since PLDT cant give the minimum speed for the plan we subscribe. Now, Im on Panay Broadband a local ISP here in ILOILO. I also inquire at Sky broadband but its not yet available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like everyone else said here, it really depends on the area. You have little choice over your ISP unless you can move your home. I've used so many ISPs with ranging plans here and they all have outage issues.

Sky
- A lot slower during the day (Almost a deal breaker in some areas)
- Random outages or lost packets during the day
- Most accurate download speeds to plan. Their high speed plans are real fast for downloading when it's working.
- Worst upload speeds I've experienced. Might even be capped at 5Mb?
- I feel like Sky has the most availability for higher speed plans since you don't need to constantly check if there's availability in your building

PLDT
- Reliable and consistent in central areas that I've used them.
- Most consistent download and upload speeds
- High speed plans seem to be more expensive than Globe
- Not much to say here which is a good thing. I basically get what I pay for (minus the outages).

Globe
- Broadband is pretty reliable if your building can connect to their 50Mb or higher plans.
- Your download speed is usually half your rated plan speed and your upload speed is half that.
- Speeds are slower during the day but, overall consistent and reliable when there isn't an outage
- LTE routers and LTE modems in the areas I used them aren't worth the cost. Tethering with my phone seems to have the same effect.

• 8 months later...

I honestly think the ISPs quality varies from location to location. Here at home we have two ISPs - PLDT and Converge ICT.

Both are not perfect, but are reliable connections - PLDT never had a problem since we had it connected. Converge's strong point is its speed. You really get what you paid for - we have a 300 Mbps plan and it's really living up to the promised speed.

At my parent's house, they are using SKY Broadband. No connection issues and the speed is consistent as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

siguro depende din sa area, parang sa ibang service provider din may mga area na oks sila siguro mas oks na alam mo ano oks na service provider sa lugar niyo para mamaximize yung gamit at less hassle, sa experience ko kasi converge is oks sa area namin same as sa globe at pldt (pero full na yung slot kaya no choice sa converge), may aberya minsan gaya nang pag nagmaintenance or di maiwasan manakawan nang kable and etc,. sa setup kasi ngayon work from home, bumili ako DITO sim card para pag nangyari yung di inaasahan may backup net for work, just my pov. Converge number 1 minsan haha jk