#41 *kalel*

*kalel*

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,607 posts
  • Interests:yes, I am a Ginebra Fan :)

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:46 AM

there was this poster after 9/11.... it was a poster of superman looking at the picture/poster of firefighters and rescue team members who perished during the attack...

he was muttering the word "WOW"......

#42 Larry

Larry

oderint dum metuant

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:04 PM

there was this poster after 9/11.... it was a poster of superman looking at the picture/poster of firefighters and rescue team members who perished during the attack...

he was muttering the word "WOW"......

that wasn't a poster, that was the cover for a 9/11 tribute comic DC comics came out with somewhere around 2002 - 2003. The art was done by comic great Alex Ross and it was an homage to an old cover of a the Big All American comic where a kid and his dog is staring up at images of the various superheroes

the cover in question:
Posted Image

where the idea came from:
Posted Image

#43 denimhead

denimhead

dem bumbaclot percolator

• (14) Tera Poster
  • 16,678 posts
  • Interests:yup

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:29 PM

...62 years ago

Posted Image

Edited by denimhead, 09 August 2007 - 07:16 PM.

#44 lovejones

lovejones

brother to the night

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:the humanities, ancient civ, basketball, boxing, jazz

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

A Very Powerful and Moving image for me is a picture of the planet EARTH taken from outer space. Somehow is gives me a feeling of hope and unity and at the same time "just a tiny peeble on the sand" feeling. Very moving. I hope I will have the opportunity to experience looking at Earth from space.

Said photo was taken by NASA per Carl Sagan's prodding :). Yup, you captured the essence of what that photo was trying to convey. Though we are all divided by color and creed, we are still terran beings living on a tiny pebble floating silently in the cosmos.

#45 lovejones

lovejones

brother to the night

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:the humanities, ancient civ, basketball, boxing, jazz

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:16 AM

How about a picture that moved me to uncontrollable fits of laughter?

Attached Files

#46 uaeboy25

uaeboy25

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  • Interests:Aviation! Im an aviator :)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:34 PM

This is a cover of the book titled "Rise and fall of American Teenager" First time I saw the cover and this caught my attention. I live and grow up dreaming to migrate in USA but. After reading this book this changes my beliefs about the so called land of opportunity and the home of the brave. I make a further research with the picture shown and why the author chooses those pictures. He explained the picture above was a picture of a js prom(A VERY WELL KNOW AMERICAN TRADITION) still onconfirm about the pictures . On the night of June 6, 1997, an eighteen-year-old woman from Fork River, New Jersey, gave birth to a six-pound-six-ounce baby boy in the women's rest room of the catering hall where her high school senior prom was taking place. Her son was found dead, tied in a plastic bag in a trash can in the lavatory where he was born. His mother, meanwhile, was dancing, smiling, and to all outward appearances, enjoying what's supposed to be a magical night.

This story excited tremendous public interest, as true horrors do. Always there are questions. How could she not have known that she was pregnant? Didn't her parents, with whom she was living, know?

And how about her boyfriend of two years, the presumed father? The explanation that she had taken to wearing baggy clothes didn't seem convincing
Yhe picture below is the picture of a young American worker during the industrial revolution.

After seeing those picture I start to read the books and after reading and make some further research I learnt out that I rather bring my family in the future in other country like Canada, Australia or new Zealand. I cannot exchange the values and culture of my home country (Philippines) for just glamour and money. Imagine the js prom in America in the picture shows how glamour and shining they are but it hide the truth some teenager pop their cherries during js prom got pregnant and go to abortion.

Attached Files

#47 uaeboy25

uaeboy25

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,471 posts
  • Interests:Aviation! Im an aviator :)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

This is a cover of the book titled "Rise and fall of American Teenager" First time I saw the cover and this caught my attention. I live and grow up dreaming to migrate in USA but. After reading this book this changes my beliefs about the so called land of opportunity and the home of the brave. I make a further research with the picture shown and why the author chooses those pictures. He explained the picture above was a picture of a js prom(A VERY WELL KNOW AMERICAN TRADITION) still onconfirm about the pictures . On the night of June 6, 1997, an eighteen-year-old woman from Fork River, New Jersey, gave birth to a six-pound-six-ounce baby boy in the women's rest room of the catering hall where her high school senior prom was taking place. Her son was found dead, tied in a plastic bag in a trash can in the lavatory where he was born. His mother, meanwhile, was dancing, smiling, and to all outward appearances, enjoying what's supposed to be a magical night.

This story excited tremendous public interest, as true horrors do. Always there are questions. How could she not have known that she was pregnant? Didn't her parents, with whom she was living, know?

And how about her boyfriend of two years, the presumed father? The explanation that she had taken to wearing baggy clothes didn't seem convincing
Yhe picture below is the picture of a young American worker during the industrial revolution.

After seeing those picture I start to read the books and after reading and make some further research I learnt out that I rather bring my family in the future in other country like Canada, Australia or new Zealand. I cannot exchange the values and culture of my home country (Philippines) for just glamour and money. Imagine the js prom in America in the picture shows how glamour and shining they are but it hide the truth some teenager pop their cherries during js prom got pregnant and go to abortion.

the picture below is the youth during the american industrial revolution. Young, hard working and articulate. though they smoke and weed to much its all just to help them work for 18 straight hours.

#48 synweap32

synweap32

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:41 PM

by Guido Reni... :hypocritesmiley:

Attached Files

#49 synweap32

synweap32

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

here's another one by Bouguereau.. :blush:

Attached Files

#50 synweap32

synweap32

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

last one... :hypocritesmiley: by Cornelis van Haarlem.

Attached Files

#51 AutoPimp

AutoPimp

Sure Thing

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,540 posts
  • Interests:Love and Hate

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:04 AM

One of the pictures that really gets into me, was a poster from a film that influenced me a lot.

Posted Image

:mtc:

#52 BallBreaker

BallBreaker

taken... not stirred

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • Interests:50% per annum

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image

"On May Day, just after leaving her fiancÚ, 23-year-old Evelyn McHale wrote a note. 'He is much better off without me ... I wouldn't make a good wife for anybody,' ... Then she crossed it out. She went to the observation platform of the Empire State Building. Through the mist she gazed at the street, 86 floors below. Then she jumped. In her desperate determination she leaped clear of the setbacks and hit a United Nations limousine parked at the curb. Across the street photography student Robert Wiles heard an explosive crash. Just four minutes after Evelyn McHale's death Wiles got this picture of death's violence and its composure."

touted as the most beautiful suicide in history.

#53 number1fan

number1fan

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

as the 2008 beijing olympics begin today, let us not forget those who stood up (and got ran over) to fight for their freedom...

Attached Files

#54 synweap32

synweap32

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

Cover to Lucifer- Evensong. The humility of a fallen angel to simply "leave", and search for his own destiny.

Attached Files

#55 synweap32

synweap32

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

The pride before the fall...

Attached Files

#56 glacier_eyes

glacier_eyes

A Portrait of One's Emotion

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

A poor child suffering from malnutrition.

Attached File  malnutrition.jpg   30.04KB   1 downloads

#57 Serial Killer

Serial Killer

Saint or Sinner?

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:44 AM

Posted Image

#58 Serial Killer

Serial Killer

Saint or Sinner?

• (07) Avid Member
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:54 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

"no dogs and filipinos allowed" was also a common sign in motels, hotels and night clubs in the 1930s in california

#59 Serial Killer

Serial Killer

Saint or Sinner?

• (07) Avid Member
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:12 AM

Posted Image

The photo was taken during a Fire Escape Collapse in Boston in 1975, by Stanley Forman.

19 year old Diana Bryant and her 2-year old goddaughter Tiare Jones died from this fall.

#60 Serial Killer

Serial Killer

Saint or Sinner?

• (07) Avid Member
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:17 AM

Posted Image

The Switzer baby shot was taken by photographer Max Aguilera-Hellweg for LIFE magazine. During the, July 1, 1999, operation he captured the moment Dr. Bruner gently placed Sarah Marie's hand back into the uterus. "She's going to be beautiful," he recalled saying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users