Shopping Online

kanski

I'd actually would like to disagree on the Multiply thing, since I sell my designs online with Multiply and I know a lot of people who sell via Multiply. XD

But well, yes of course, you have to be very careful. Check for credentials like packaging details and the like. Never buy from an un-updated site or from those who offer overly sugarcoated deals. There's always something fishy about them.

at first I was hesitant to go onine shopping but because I was not able to get a mouse for my laptop that I like here in Pinas. I went to Amazon website in Germany and I purchase a touch mouse,sulit naman. yun nga lang medyo you reallt have to be patient to get your purchase.

• 1 month later...

meron bgo akong nadiscover u can buy online khit wala kyong credit card try nyo johnyaircargo na try ko n

$25 dollars charge ng johnny air cargo 3 items maximum each website 2 weeks abutin

just visited the JOHNNYAIR website and

i didn't see anything about this.

is this actually part of their service portfolio?

maybe you could give more details, pls?

tia! B)

like this JOHNNYAIR thing.

from what i can make out, i'll pay for the merchandise

via my card and have it shipped to one of JOHNNYAIR's

offices in the US, then JOHNNYAIR will ship it here.

questions:

1. how will they know where to deliver it to me? they get a package named to me but addressed to them. WTF are they gonna do about it?
  2. what are my payment options to them? do i pay outright via card when they receive the item in the US (or else), or do they allow COD?

allow me to share my limited experience.

i've shopped online twice already. the first time, i had the items shipped here to r.p. through johnny air. the second, i had it shipped to a cousin's house in the u.s. where i picked it up when i visited.

with regard to the first time i shopped online, since i coursed it to johnny air, i ordered my merchandise and wrote the my name on the delivery tab but had to 'per' or co-sign the item with the name of the lady manning (womanning perhaps :D) the johnny air offices in n.y. followed by the address of the johnny air office in n.y. i can't recall the name of the lady and their exact address, but if her name was angelina jolie, my order would have born the following info:

kanski/angelina jolie

johnny air office

111 woodland drive,

queens, n.y.

i then gave ms. jolie an e-mail to inform her of my placed order sent her way and she will send you an e-mail back acknowledging your intent. she will also e-mail you once they have received your package, writing both the expected time of arrival in their megamall outlet and the charges.

you will receive a call from their megamall office once they have your package and will advice you to pick it up within an alloted time lest you want storage fees added to your bill.

you can pick up a small flyer from the johnny air shop at megamall which has instructions on what to do and the name and address that you should write down when ordering.

keep on posting those car pics itto. :thumbsupsmiley:

forgot to add, on both instances that i bought online, i paid for the items with my credit card. however, in the first instance, i paid johnny air shipping fees when i picked up the item in megamall. on the second instance, i brought my cousin out to dinner to pay for bothering to pick up my order. :D

you can also track the shipping with details given once you've consummated the order (read: paid :lol: ).

@kanski:

many, many thanks, saer!

as for the car pics, i just echo stuff i see @ AutoBlog.

i guess i'll try what you did.

i'll email the JohhnyAir rep in the US beforehand so they'll know

what to do when my 'epektus' arrives at their office.

Edited by Itto Ogami
  • 2 weeks later...

Back in the early days of the web, there were a few well-publicized efforts to see if it was possible to live solely through an online connection.

Proving much easier than anticipated, shopping online’s only gotten bigger and better since.For consumers, shopping online can be extremely convenient. Stores are open all the time with huge selections and low prices. Goods can be easily located, prices compared, manuals downloaded, product information reviewed, and items purchased easily and quickly, including shipping. And all this can be done while you’re still in your bathrobe at home.

There is a downside too. There’s no opportunity to directly interact with the product, no sensual gratification. There’s little personal

interaction with the merchant. And despite the instant thrill of purchase, there is an inevitable wait for delivery, and shipping can sometimes

eliminate any savings. Returning goods through the mail can be a hassle as well. Even so, online shopping is here to stay.

I'm into online shopping as well. :)

1. I only shop at ebay. Why? Maybe because I have never had a bad experience there YET.

2. I only pay through PayPal.

3. I only purchase items from sellers with high (at least 95% up) feedback grade.

4. I already purchased two items through bank deposits and so far so good. I'm not really considering doing it again, though. It's too risky and the two times I did it, I was transacting with sellers with 100% positive feedback both with more than 100 feedbacks each.

5. I also bought two items through meet-ups already. I only did it in a crowded place on both occasions.

Hope this helps. :)

• 1 month later...

I have, just like most of us, tried online shopping. Hesitant at first because of fraud and identity thief problems and the trusthworthyness of an uncontrolled business. What if I pay and the business is bogus, who do I go to , to recover my money?, all questions. But so far in the past few years, I have no problems, knock on wood. I do not expect any. I patiently review the seller, the company I am dealing with, both big or small. the reputation. and the accountability.

Bought so many things on line over the past 10 years including clothes, shoes, electronics. It's a matter of comfort, burned at least twice. 2 Fake Jordan shoes at 2 different occasions and at a regular price, hindi pa sale. Also wrong shoe sizes and golf clubs that I didn't like. Use credit card all the time and with Amex, you get all your money back. Makes on line shopping more comfortable. For really expensive designer items, LV, Burberry, Chanel ect, will be better off going to their store at the mall, too much money to lose on a fake item. Good luck.

i am an online shopping virgin. having missed out on a shoe that i was eyeing, i am now turning to online shopping as an alternative. problem is, i am a bit skeptical.

i've heard so much about amazon and it's being a legit place to purchase. i however am skeptical about all the other less known online sites offering better prices.

i opened this topic hoping that those who've bought stuff via the internet would post what site did they purchase from, what did they purchase, and what was their experience.

Always go to a reputable site for shoes. Eastbay o kaya Finish Line, Sports Authority. So far ok naman sa Amazon, I just bought a Toshiba Libretto last month, pero tignan mo yung transactions made at saka yung rating, pag daan-daan na transaction at multiple stars rating likely legit, but amazon is the broker, pagbumili ka, yung store pa rin kausap mo hindi amazon. Basahin mo mabuti yung retun policy, pag wala, delikado yan, pag walang nakalagay na guaanteed na authentic, delikado yan, pag walang legit na phone number at reply by email lang, red flag din yan. Pag ginagamit nila eh hindi UPS o Fedex or Airborne, delikado din yan. Pag masyadong mura, napakaraming size and color available eh mahirap hanapin na model ang shoes, delikado din yan.

Use credit card na may protection, Good luck!

I've bought several items using eBay,

opting to pay via PayPal for overseas sellers.

For local eBay sellers, it's a matter of trust, and feedback points. :)

I've also bought from ThinkGeek using JohnnyAirCargo (JAC);

For its price, JAC is rather fast and reliable.

I might consider buying FleshLight using JAC next time.

I've also bought books from Amazon;

for your sanity and anxiety, opt for faster though more expensive shipping.

Nevertheless, I never had any problems with slow or fast shipping options with Amazon.

Transacted using credit card.

Whenever possible, always request for tracking numbers.

I've also bought legit software licenses online.

• 11 months later...

Make sure that there is a security sa online shop. May SSL security. Mapapansin mo may podlock sa URL, HTTPS imbes na HTTP

Before, loong time ago, I use E-2-Door for hard to find books, kaso mahal ng delivery at mayayari ka sa TAXes

Then ngayon may alternative na lalo na pag gusto mo bumili from US. You can use JAC, Johnny Air Cargo.

• 1 month later...

Im an online shopper too kc they usually hold sales. Bought an oakley from oakleyvault for less than 3k pesos. Tyagaan lng sa hintayan. Amazon is ok kaya lng gaya nga sbi nila di nla maguarantee authenticity ng product. Nakakita aq gucci and lv na bag. Super cheap and sobrang prehas ng price. Nkpgchat aq sa amazon support kc gsto ko ireport na possible fake. Di daw nla mcocontrol un. Should liase directly with merchant. Pero sb nila they will refund all costs including shipping if its not authentic. Di ko na tinuloy kc sobrang hassle pa ibalik balik mbuti sna kng asa states ako.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does amazon ship books to Manila? can i use my credit card to pay?

Or would it be cheaper to just buy books here?

Thanks.

Yes you can use your credit card to pay. Amazon ships book to Manila. More often books like novels or of general topics are more expensive from Amazon when you include the shipping cost. But for hard to find books, you will find it cheaper than if you place an order from say, National Bookstore or Fully Booked.

You have options to choose for delivery:

1) Have it deliver to Philippines by Amazon

-with this option you have to be wary of the customs. sometimes in some places they don't care but in Quezon City, from my experience the customs do care especially about how much money they can extort from you :lol: you can always try. if that failed, leads us to option 2

2) Have Amazon deliver it to Johnny Air Cargo (New York)

-with this option, you can do away with the customs and know how much you really need to pay. much faster delivery which takes a week compared to two weeks with option 1.

Enjoy online shopping. If you are a regular shopper in Amazon, you will be entitled to join MyHabit.com, where they have items on sale for everyone, most notable for women, every day.