New York Knickerbockers

Guest airmax
The Knicks shall rise again!

Until then, go JETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Curry! Buti na lang walang TOs sa fantasy league namin hahaha

of course if the knicks were playing in the western conf. then it would be difficult for them to rise. :P

They are picking up, seriously speaking.. After the brawl, it seemed the Knicks have changed.. Sharing the ball, and playing quite good as compared to the Larry Brown era.. I had my doubts if Zeke's personality and his team's personality could mesh well.. They have had several stupid moves.. A lot actually.. but its time to forgive and forget and just look at what Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, and David Lee are delivering night in and night out..

Since the brawl, I think Curry, Crawford and even Starbury are consistently improving.. David Lee is a good player and it seems the Knicks have found a gritty player who has a good work ethic.. is average in offense and defense but has a heart of a true warrior.. Who would ever thought that David Lee would get this much attention and not Channing Frye.. Frye, IMO, still has something to prove..

I like what I am seeing in the Knicks after a few games.. I am not keeping my hopes high but let us not be blinded by hatred Give credit where credit is due, peeps.. The Knicks are certainly picking up.. Not exactly a very hot team.. But slowly but surely they are improving..

BTW, I like Nate Rob as a player and I have high hopes for rookie Renaldo Balkman..

with a 15-21 record....they're good (only on their division..) i think new jersey is 14-19...

i do hope they can salvage the 8th spot....

where the f#&k is jerome james?? is he injured???

but 4 buzzer beating games by the knicks... i think there's hope!!!

jamal crawford versus denver -- W

channing frye versus detroit -- overtime

stephon marbury versus utah -- W

david lee versus charlotte -- W

• 2 weeks later...

Isiah Thomas will probably stay as NY coach. As much as I don't like him, I'll give him credit for reviving the play of Eddy Curry. Similar to what he did to Jermaine O'Neal's career.

And I agree, Lee is a contender for MIP. He could also make a stab at the Sixth Man award. Though Ben Gordon would probably get that one again...

Edited by clubber_lang

There will never be a NY Knicks team like that squad that played from the late 1960s through the early 1970s. Under the fine coaching of Red Holzman and led by captain Willis Reed and Walt Frazier, that group won NBA championships in 1970 and 1973 and also made it to the NBA finals in 1972 (losing to the L.A. Lakers). That was a very competitive era in NBA history, as you not only had the Knicks but also other great teams like the Lakers (led by Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West), Milwaukee Bucks (led by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Oscar Robertson), Boston Celtics (led by John Havlicek and Dave Cowens), and Baltimore Bullets (led by Wes Unseld).

While this season's Knick team is showing improvement compared to last season's debacle, I don't think that the Knicks will ever become an elite NBA team unless the Dolans sell the team (probably not gonna happen) and they get rid of Isaiah Thomas (as his track record other than as a Hall Of Fame player is nothing to brag about).

There will never be a NY Knicks team like that squad that played from the late 1960s through the early 1970s. Under the fine coaching of Red Holzman and led by captain Willis Reed and Walt Frazier, that group won NBA championships in 1970 and 1973 and also made it to the NBA finals in 1972 (losing to the L.A. Lakers). That was a very competitive era in NBA history, as you not only had the Knicks but also other great teams like the Lakers (led by Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West), Milwaukee Bucks (led by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Oscar Robertson), Boston Celtics (led by John Havlicek and Dave Cowens), and Baltimore Bullets (led by Wes Unseld).

While this season's Knick team is showing improvement compared to last season's debacle, I don't think that the Knicks will ever become an elite NBA team unless the Dolans sell the team (probably not gonna happen) and they get rid of Isaiah Thomas (as his track record other than as a Hall Of Fame player is nothing to brag about).

the knicks are still my fav team just bec of all franchises only new york makes you feel like youre hard core. madison square garden has a special feel, ive been to one game, and i just love to hate thier sucky team when they lose, and love it when they win.

• 2 weeks later...

How many of these buzzer beaters/close game heroics would the Knicks be able to pull this season? They just handed a sorry loss to the Lakers after a shot from Eddy Curry (assist from Crawford) with 7.1 left.. It was an alley-oop jam from Curry that propelled the Knicks to the W.. Just spectacular.. :)

How many of these buzzer beaters/close game heroics would the Knicks be able to pull this season? They just handed a sorry loss to the Lakers after a shot from Eddy Curry (assist from Crawford) with 7.1 left.. It was an alley-oop jam from Curry that propelled the Knicks to the W.. Just spectacular.. :)

that is the mark of a team that is getting over a losing record from last season. they are improving and winning games. usually by a point or two, or during end games. sometimes it goes the other way arnd. but soon enough, no more buzzer beaters, they will win more convincingly! go knicks!