Unforgettable Scenes/Performances/Lines

There are very few performances that move you so much that you'd like to see it again and again. One of the best I've seen is Glen Close as Norma Desmond in "Sunset Boulevard". Anyone who wants to see a great acting performance should see this one--you'll agree it'll move you so much. Maybe it's because I can relate to Glen, in a way--having been in theatre (even if it's just Repertory Philippines' summer acting workshops), I can feel the emotion Glen puts through in her performance here. Too bad such performances are rare now; I have yet to see a TV or movie actor/actress here (aside from those rare gems like Lea Salonga) act the way Glen did. Glen's Norma Desmond performance:

Now that's acting at its finest.

The whole cast of AS GOOD AS IT GETS, in the entire movie.

Bruce Lee in Enter The Dragon

Tim Roth in Rob Roy

Viggo Mortensen in the entire LOTR --Fellowship of the rING...and with Sean Bean -- scene is yung Death of Boromir

Christian Bale in 3:10 to YUMA, and in the same move, that guy who played ANGEl from the XMEN.

Heath Ledger in THE DARK KNIGHT

Hugh Jackman in The Prestige

Daniel Craig sa new Bond movies

Kate Winslet and Jim Carey in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Tom Cruise/Cuba Gooding in Jerry Maguire

Eric Bana in Munich

Ed Norton in American X, Red Dragon kasama si Ray Fiennes, and HULK

River Phoenix as the young Indiana Jones in IJATTOD

Ed Harris, Sean Penn, and Gary Oldman and Robin Wright in SAVING GRACE

Denzel Washington in TRAINING DAY

Gene Hackman, John Turturro, Stanley Tucci, Robert Downey JR sa lahat ng roles nila.

hay dami pa...

• 1 year later...

LIAM NEESON in TAKEN.

this guy's got range.

the most action i've seen him prior to this would be STAR WARS: THE PHANTOM MENACE.

but, in TAKEN, he makes a credible 50-ish action star

who would do anything to get his daughter back.

my fave scene was when he recovered the jacket of her daughter from another

girl forced into the flesh business. his eyes welled up, knowing he may not

see his daughter again inspite of all his efforts.

feel na feel ko talaga pag may pinapatay siya - all of them were righteous kills, eh.

• 8 months later...

Some Kind of Wonderful moments...

1. Keith practicing kissing with Watts' help...

2. Watts hitting on the brakes so hard that Amanda lines her face with the lipstick she was trying to put on...

3. Keith going after Watts towards the end of the movie... Watts was already in tears... and Keith catches up to her... and fast forward a bit, Watts wears the earrings that Keith bought for Amanda Jones, and he says to her "You look good wearing my future..." wub.gif

i know i am getting old when i watched this scenes over and over again...

from the AND I LOVE YOU SO movie (bea, sam and derek)

- the scene where sam wrecked his guitar and told na "he always end up in second place line...." - i truly identified with that, hehehehehe

- the scene in the church (it was pola's wedding (candy p.) where sam and bea parted ways)

:)

The end of ROCKY (the first movie).

The final bell rang. Rocky was shouting "Adrian!!!". Adrian was rushing towards the ring while saying "Rocky", her bonnet falls off. The emcee was reciting the scores, reporters were interviewing Rocky but he ignored everything and kept shouting Adrian. Polly distracts the bouncer to let Adrian inside the ring. Rocky and Adrian embraced, from the background it was announced that Rocky lost via split decision. But they didn't care. :sob:

Some Kind of Wonderful moments...

1. Keith practicing kissing with Watts' help...

2. Watts hitting on the brakes so hard that Amanda lines her face with the lipstick she was trying to put on...

3. Keith going after Watts towards the end of the movie... Watts was already in tears... and Keith catches up to her... and fast forward a bit, Watts wears the earrings that Keith bought for Amanda Jones, and he says to her "You look good wearing my future..." wub.gif

Love this part

For me it has to be Pretty in Pink when OMD's If you Leave was playing during the ball.

The music was filling the scene there were less dialogues, but the music made up for it...

The scene where ducky curled or leaned on a post up while it is raining. Parang Smiths yung tug tug.

Smiths "How Soon is It now"

Edited by puretuts
  • 1 year later...

Few Good men:

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

some movie scenes that I liked:

1. Godfather- scene in the church during a baptism of a child

2. Dark Knight's Joker scenes

3. Devil's Advocate- Al Pacino's monologue

4. Schindler's List- Liam Neeson's end scene

5. Face Off- gunfight scene with the boy covering his ears

6. A Few Good Men- Court Room Confrontation

7. Wedding Singer's Airplane Scene

8. Sommersby's - Prison Scene

more to come :-P

From John Q.

1)Hi, Dad. You find me a heart? 2)Yeah, kid. We got you one. Look like you've got a guardian angel. Try to stay awake for a minute, will you? I just need to tell you a few things. I want you always to listen to your mother. Because she's your best friend and family is important. And girls? You're too young for them now, but when the time comes, treat them like princesses because that's what they are. And if you say you'll do something, do it, because your world should be your bond. And if you have a chance to make money, go for it, even if it means selling out once in a while. Don't be a knucklehead like your father. Everything's so much easier with money. Don't smoke. And try to be kind. But if someone chooses you, be a man and stand up for yourself. And don't get caught up in the bad things, there's too many great things out there. Mike? 1)Yeah, Dad? 2)See you later, buddy.

The Notebook

In the final scenes, it was revealed that nursing home patient Allie Hamilton/Calhoun (Gena Rowlands) had severe Alzheimer's Disease and could only remember the story of their love for a few minutes. She and frail heart patient Noah or "Duke" Calhoun (James Garner) had met and fallen in love when in their teens - in old age, Noah repeatedly rekindled their love by re-reading from her old faded notebook diary (written by Allie as a present to Noah years earlier, with the handwritten dedication: "Read this to me, and I'll come back to you"). After one of the readings telling of their love for each other, Allie briefly remembered their love during a special candlelight dinner in the nursing home when they shared a dance together - Allie requested: "Do you think I can be her tonight?" - but then she rapidly 'forgot' and panicked. In the final scene in the rest home, she remembered him as they held hands in her bedroom, where he promised he would always be there and never leave her. She asked him: "Do you think that our love can create miracles?" He replied: "Yes, I do. That's what brings you back to me each time." She asked a second question. "Do you think our love can take us away together?" He responded: "I think our love can do anything we want it to." They fell asleep in the same bed, and passed away together.