Spartacus and Spartacus Vengeance

Gustong gusto kong part sa arena kapag lumilipad yung mga ngipin ng mga gladiators. So fun! laugh.gif

Natapos ko na Blood & Sand at Gods of the Arena, anong sunod? Si Andy Whitefield pa ba yung bida or iba na talaga?

If you weren't such a lazy ass and backread for your own good, you would have found out that Wentworth Miller better known as Michael Scofield (Prison Break) is rumored to take over the titular role. Unfortunately, Andy Whitefield has begged off the series due to very serious health concerns (diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma).

Flying teeth?!! No thank you! Those fight scenes in The Pit were most uncomfortable for me. :wacko:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big muscles. Big swords. Big cod piece. Starz’ new Spartacus, Liam McIntyre, is taking to the sands and streets of Ancient Rome and EW has your first look at the escaped rebel gladiator in action. Above and below we see McIntyre crossing swords with Centurions in two fight scene photos, and then standing there just looking badass in another (Sparty basically looks like he’s saying: Hey, you, you want some of this? I mean the sword!). McIntyre will be at Comic-Con next week for the show’s panel. The series will return as Spartacus: Vengeancenext January and– You’re still reading the text? Really? Here are the pics:

http://ewinsidetv.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/spartacus-show-liam_510.jpg?w=510&h=358

http://ewinsidetv.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/liam-mcintyre-spartacus_5101.jpg?w=510&h=773

http://ewinsidetv.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/spartacus-new-liam_510.jpg?w=510&h=772

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/14/liam-mcintyre-spartacus-photo/

Big muscles. Big swords. Big cod piece. Starz’ new Spartacus, Liam McIntyre, is taking to the sands and streets of Ancient Rome and EW has your first look at the escaped rebel gladiator in action. Above and below we see McIntyre crossing swords with Centurions in two fight scene photos, and then standing there just looking badass in another (Sparty basically looks like he’s saying: Hey, you, you want some of this? I mean the sword!). McIntyre will be at Comic-Con next week for the show’s panel. The series will return as Spartacus: Vengeancenext January and– You’re still reading the text? Really? Here are the pics:

Anong "above and below" eh nasa baba naman ng text lahat ng pictures. Magka-copy-paste na nga lang, hindi man lang nag-edit! :P

@topic

I just wish Andy Whitfield gets well soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what is it with the spartacus mythos and hollywood? this is the fourth(?) incarnation of spartacus in movies or tv. and every version has its take, almost like every generation has to have its own version of the story.

this particular version, i can't discern yet what it wants to say. kurt douglas wanted to say that sacrifice for the greater good was his spartacus. the early 2000's version was more or less the same, but more contemporary. this one, if i am not mistaken, is saying that spartacus is doing this mostly because of the woman he loved.

hmm.

• 4 weeks later...

'Spartacus' star Whitfield dies of lymphoma at 39

Associated Press - 53 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Andy Whitfield, the 39-year-old star of the cable series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand," has died.

Manager Sam Maydew says Whitfield died Sunday of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in Sydney, Australia.

Whitfield's wife Vashti in a statement called her husband a "beautiful young warrior" who died on a "sunny Sydney morning" in the "arms of his loving wife."

Whitfield — who was born in Wales and lived in Australia — was a virtual unknown when he was cast as the title hero in "Spartacus," a hit original series for the Starz network that made waves with its graphic violence and sexuality.

Whitfield was preparing for the second season when he was diagnosed 18 months ago.

In January the network announced that another Australian actor, Liam McIntyre, would take over the role.

Andy Whitfield of "Spartacus" dies at 39

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/09/12/AP100120055437_1_620x350.jpg

Andy Whitfield in "Spartacus: Blood and Sand." (Credit: AP)

(CBS/AP) Andy Whitfield, who played Spartacus in the Starz series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" - in which there is a lot of blood and sand - has died. He was 39.

Whitfield died Sunday in Sydney, Australia, 18 months after he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, manager Sam Maydew told the Associated Press.

"On a beautiful sunny Sydney spring morning, surrounded by his family, in the arms of his loving wife, our beautiful young warrior Andy Whitfield lost his 18 month battle with lymphoma cancer," Whitfield's wife Vashti said in a statement. "He passed peacefully surrounded by love. Thank you to all his fans whose love and support have help carry him to this point. He will be remembered as the inspiring, courageous and gentle man, father and husband he was."

Andy Whitfield - who was born in Wales and moved to Australia in 1999 - was a virtual unknown when he was cast as the legendary Thracian slave in "Spartacus," a role made famous by Kirk Douglas in the 1960 Stanley Kubrick film.

The series proved a breakout hit for the Starz network and made waves with its graphic violence and sexuality.

Whitfield appeared in all 13 episodes of the first season that aired in 2010, and was preparing to shoot the second when he was diagnosed with cancer.

While waiting for Whitfield's treatment and expected recovery, the network produced a six-part prequel, "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena," that aired earlier this year with only a brief voiceover from the actor.

But in January after Whitfield's condition grew worse, the network announced that another Australian actor, Liam McIntyre, would take over the role.

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of our dear friend and colleague, Andy Whitfield," Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement Sunday night. "We were fortunate to have worked with Andy in `Spartacus' and came to know that the man who played a champion on-screen was also a champion in his own life."

Whitfield's previous credits included appearances on the Australian TV shows "Packed to the Rafters" and "McLeod's Daughters."

Source.

• 1 month later...

I'm not fond of math but I count Spartacus: Blood and Sand as 1, and Spartacus: Gods of the Arena as 2.

So, here is 3 (at least by my count), debuting January 27:

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Content/111107/News/1_mon/111107spartacus1.jpg

Starz Orders Another Season of Spartacus

Nov 7, 2011 05:07 PM ET

by Robyn Ross

Liam McIntyre

Spartacus will be back for a third season, Starz announced Monday.

"There is no denying the impact Spartacus has had in the marketplace with fans across the globe thirsting for the continuation of the epic tale," said Carmi Zlotnick, an executive with the premium cable outlet.

Spartacus returns with a Vengeance in January

Last week, the network announced that Season 2 of the series, titled Spartacus: Vengeance, would debut Jan. 27. It marks Liam McIntyre's debut in the title role, replacing Andy Whitfield who died from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

"We are thrilled to come to an early agreement that allows the writers and talent to get right back to work in preparing for season three," Zlotnick added.

A prequel, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, ran early this year.

Are you excited for more Spartacus?

SOURCE