40 Something

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, too early. Maybe possible if youre playing a big game but maybe not for most people. Most would still be busy paying mortgage and the like. True, you may have extra but personally, Id enjoy spending some around this age while your knees still allow you to - travel more, indulge a little on good things...looking too far ahead may end up with regrets and lost moments when you suddenly realise that youre no longer able to enjoy things cos your body just wont let you anymore.

You know what. Tama ka. 30 is too early but I would start it at 31 years with 1% of gross salary para hindi masakit then increase annually by 1 percentage point such that by 45 years of age, me naipon na konti and at same time nasa 15% savings na. Tapos pwede na steady 15% throughout. Lalaki naman yung annual amount nominally (I,e., with inflation or increase in price, in this case salary) + interest earnings.

I recently hit this year yung 15% so next year instead of saving an additional 1%, pwede ko na yan extra panggastos!!

Looking forward to next year and every year thereafter! Ma-enjoy ko na salary increase ng buo na walang kaltas na 1% which I did the past 15 years. So for example, my salary increase is 2.5% next year, buo ko yan ma-enjoy (minus tax of course).

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Also as Alvin.teng and Sparky0212 mentioned -- health and being able to do physical stuff are important, maybe even moreso, than just maxing out savings by maxing it early.

Having gone through the ages of 30s and up to mid-40s, I can say 46 to 55 years of age is probably the best time to do stuff like travel and outdoor. Kaya pa ng katawan, mas kaya ng bulsa and within that age also comes maturity and responsibility (I hope).

will turn 40 this month, hoping for good health and active sex life :rolleyes:

Welcome to Da Club!

more sex habang tumatayo pa si manoy

Hindi na issue yan ngayon. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Mid-40s was fun for me. I really took advantage of it by semi-retiring to be able to do more of the things I like to do - travel, scuba diving, surfing, bonding with my kids, meeting new girl friends, and finding ways to make money. But it's timie to say Goodbye "mid-40s". :)

I am officially moving into the "late 40s" age group, which I define as 47.5-49.9 years old. During this period I wish to start my own business and have it registered, have my second kid to live with me (via kidnapping, joke only :D ), meet new girl friends :lol: , I would also like to visit Latin American countries like Colombia and Mexico.

• 3 weeks later...

40 here di na kaya multi rounds hahaha

Can relate to this one. Dati standard na sa akin ang two rounds. Humihirit pa ako ng 3rd round. Ngayon kuntento na ako sa one round, although napansin ko mas matagal ako labasan ngayon compared to before. Kapag pinilit ko mag 2nd round, I end up frustrated kasi nanlalambot na si manoy e hindi pa ako nilalabasan.

Edited by Immortal666
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harder to keep the weight off and i tend to start slowing down by mid pm unlike before. But the focus is more intense and i can stay with a task longer.

Never really cared about the saying 40s being the new 30s but I having had more years spent saving. It does allow some breathing room to be more flexible.

• 3 weeks later...