Current Events Tidbits Et Al

I received this text last July 21, 2009 at 3:10pm from

Message (verbatim):

"(Notice) Ur simcard # Won P730,000.00 n our 2nd Anv.PreRaffle Drw last: 07/20/09 From:Millionaires Club Inc.4 mor info &dtals call me now!Im Sec.Rudy T. Valdez"

To the MODS: I hope you will not delete the cellphone number as this will serve as a reference for us members to see and determine if there is a pattern in these scams. As we may have already realised, our government cannot stop this, maybe we can do something if we pool all the tect scams we received in this thread.

CHEERS!!!

Edited by TheSmilingBandit
NO POSTING OF CONTACT NUMBERS PLS.
  • 1 year later...

Time to update this thread.

There is a new form of text scamming which goes like this: "Hi, kamusta na kayo diyan? Eto ang bagong roaming no. ko. Paramdam naman kayo, miss ko na kayo. May good news ako. May napanalunan akong (huge amount of money, sometimes in dollars) pero may problema ako: kelangan ko munang bayaran ang taxes nito. Baka puwedeng mag-advance ka muna sa akin para mabayaran ko ang taxes, and then pag na-release na ang pera, syempre may malaking balato ka sa akin. My acc. no. is (bank name, acc#).

Do not fall for this scam. Kahit medyo obvious to most of us, many people still fall for it. I've received no less than 12 text messages of this nature this year alone. Pls warn others and forward.

There is another text scam, but this time it's also a phone scam at the same time: people claiming to be from a reputable insurance company or bank will call/text you to say that you're one of the lucky ones chosen for a free accident insurance/free health insurance card, and that all you have to do is confirm to them your personal details like name, birthdate, address, contact nos. Then they'll ask you to go to their office to claim the card. The office is supposedly just a satellite office of the reputable insurance company, but is in reality just a place hired by these scamsters. Once there, you are asked about even more intimate details like bank account no., or credit card no. and PIN code. DO NOT GO TO THEIR OFFICES, even if the person on the phone sounds like a professional. All they need is personal details to defraud you of your money or charge purchases to your credit card. Before you realize you've been had, it'll be too late.

Time to update this thread.

There is a new form of text scamming which goes like this: "Hi, kamusta na kayo diyan? Eto ang bagong roaming no. ko. Paramdam naman kayo, miss ko na kayo. May good news ako. May napanalunan akong (huge amount of money, sometimes in dollars) pero may problema ako: kelangan ko munang bayaran ang taxes nito. Baka puwedeng mag-advance ka muna sa akin para mabayaran ko ang taxes, and then pag na-release na ang pera, syempre may malaking balato ka sa akin. My acc. no. is (bank name, acc#).

Do not fall for this scam. Kahit medyo obvious to most of us, many people still fall for it. I've received no less than 12 text messages of this nature this year alone. Pls warn others and forward.

There is another text scam, but this time it's also a phone scam at the same time: people claiming to be from a reputable insurance company or bank will call/text you to say that you're one of the lucky ones chosen for a free accident insurance/free health insurance card, and that all you have to do is confirm to them your personal details like name, birthdate, address, contact nos. Then they'll ask you to go to their office to claim the card. The office is supposedly just a satellite office of the reputable insurance company, but is in reality just a place hired by these scamsters. Once there, you are asked about even more intimate details like bank account no., or credit card no. and PIN code. DO NOT GO TO THEIR OFFICES, even if the person on the phone sounds like a professional. All they need is personal details to defraud you of your money or charge purchases to your credit card. Before you realize you've been had, it'll be too late.

i also receive same text

Should relly warn others of this kind of SCAM :angry:

Although I knew right off the bat that the "Kamusta na kayo diyan" text was a scam, I almost fell for the "claim your free insurance" scam. The perpetrators of the latter are really professional-sounding; most folks won't be able to tell that it isn't really the insurance company calling them. I only caught them when I told them to forward my free accident insurance card to the main office of PhilAm Life along UN Avenue since I already had an existing policy with them. To this they said something like "Sorry, this can only be claimed at the Caloocan branch." That was a dead giveaway. All big insurance companies' head offices can handle the whole range of transactions that any branch of theirs can do. The scam only came to light when a friend of mine said he was being asked for his credit card at the "branch" even if he didn't have to pay anything. They will probably clone your card right under your nose at the scam office (complete with corporate logo of the insurance company). It's not only Philam Life that I've heard of being "duplicated," the names of other insurance companies are also being used.

That chick from the province... Anna Marie Velasco. Beware MTC-ers, I know how helpful we can get. :lol:

I’m just a simple lady… with simple dream. A dream of coming to Manila for a job. Unfortunately, the problem is… I don’t have the means (financially) to go to Manila. I’m a scholar of DOST kaya ako nakapag-tapos ng kolehiyo. About my parents, deceased na sila when I am in high school years pa lang. I am staying in a boarding house for now… kasi wala naman kaming bahay na puede kong matuluyan dito sa bacolod. Taga Surigao po talaga kami, but lumipat lang nanay at tatay ko dito nung maliit pa lang ako, kaya wala na akong idea about sa mga relatives ko. I’m the only child dahil medyo weak ang health ng nanay ko that time and so medyo delikado na kung magbubuntis pa siya uli. I’m very desperate. I’m really needing some help. I’m willing to sacrifice everything including myself in exchange for my future career sa Maynila. I have my deadline in San Miguel Ortigas and still, I don’t know if someone could help me on my way to Manila… I really need help now… I’m willing to offer an exchange for the help you give… Whatever you ask for… I’m risking it.

I spent 5 years of my life including Christmas living alone sa boarding house ko… Gusto ko rin ma-experience na magtrabaho at may makasama kahit isang relative man lang na puede gumabay sa akin… Im old enough to stand independently but I’m still young for some other things…

I don’t have any options but to offer myself… I’m decided… I better lose it for good purpose… Hindi ko alam kung kailan ako gigising isang umaga na may handa ng tumulong sa ‘kin makapunta ng Maynila… I really need a new life…”

On her text to me... She even provided a website... And she's was actually quite the looker. Mayroon pang "...whatever you ask for...".

Edited by Defiant
  • 3 weeks later...

Madami na din kadalasan nanalo daw ako dahil napili daw ang cp # ko. Pero ang pinakamadalas ay 'yung "musta na e2 na ang bagong cp # ko" x x x minsan naka-unli ako pinag-tripan ko, sinagot ko aba nag-reply din, ang ending humihingi ng load, pinadala ko sa kanya 'yung pin ng isang used o nagamit nang prepaid card :lol:

Edited by Agent_mulder
  • 3 weeks later...
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If you have recently bought a brand new or almost brand new car at an unbelievably low price...

Or if someone recently pawned (sangla) you a car at a very low price...

Please check if you have the original OR/CR with you...

There is a syndicate operating with the following MODUS OPERANDI.

1. They acquire cars from investors luring them to think that they will be paid between 2500-5000 per day and that their cars would be used as hotel service..

2. Instead of having the cars rented, they pawn the cars at very low prices with the promise of big interest or sell them at suspiciously low prices.

3. They will provide you with a forged set of documents as follows.

a. Special power of attorney give to a certain EVANGELINE PROTASIO

b. Mortgage agreement stipulating that if you are not paid within 90days, the car is yours

c. A postdated check with your interest included

d. A xerox copy of the scammers passport (EVANGELINE PROTASIO)

e. An open deed of sale for the vehicle in your possession

d. Xerox copy of the OR/CR or the VEHICLE SALES INVOICE

If you have transacted in this manner, chances are the car you may be driving right now is stolen and has already been reported as missing. a lot of people have already been arrested for anti fencing and are facing charges.

Please pass this on to your friends for they might have already been victimized by this syndicate.

You may contact any NBI office and let them know that you're one of the victims of ms. EVANGELINE PROTASIO.

On the other hand, some of the vehicle owners are willing to give monetary rewards for the return of their vehicles and at the same time help you recover your investment from the scammers via filing of multiple estafa and carnapping cases against miss PROTASIO.

If you are a victim, you can PM kamote_1 for advice.

If you don't believe this post, please click here..

Woman Bilks Mayor, 4 Others of 17M

She did it 2years ago and she has done it again this year.. please join our crusade to put her behind bars where she belongs or she may do it again after a couple of years.

Edited by TheSmilingBandit
  • Like (+1) 1

Kewl new thread.

Anyway, are mugshots of prospective hijackers and carnappers welcome? I'm working on a composite sketch of a motorcycle jacker who recently hit my hot neighbor's Brand New MIO. As public service, I downloaded a software so we could do a better sketch than that of the cops'. Still awaiting a free slot in her schedule so we could work on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Always keep the doors of your vehilces locked when driving around MM. Bagong modus operandi ng mga magnanakaw using young children......when caught in traffic these young kids will open the doors of your car and grab whatever they can grab inside the vehicle. Nangyari sa akin ito sa Guadalupe bridge along EDSA. Lucky for me walang nakuha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, Jopoc, edited na kung edited. But clearly the woman was just asking that her RIGHTS be respected. Anong sagot nung labor attache? "Anong rights rights?" Tama bang sagot yun? Kahit snippet lang yun at hindi buong conversation dun palang maling mali na siya. And furthermore, kahit pa kupal na yung DH at hindi edukado (ipagpalagay na natin, pero hindi naman mukhang ganun) maski na, hindi pa rin dapat ganun ang ATTITUDE nung dapat public servant sa PUBLIKONG dapat BOSS nya.

Dapat maintindihan ng mga consulado natin na ang mga OFW na yun ay "client" nila. The reason they exist (in that position) at all is because of these (makulit na kung makulit) na mga OFW. Kung ayaw nila ng ganung trabaho, UMUWI na lang sila at dito mag-traffik aide sa Makati.

Tanong ko lang Jopoc, would you treat a client of yours that way? Kahit isang snippet lang ng conversation,were you ever that rude to a client?

Edited by skitz

Makasabat lang

Hindi nga daw "Verbal Abuse", unbecoming of a Public Servant nga daw

Tama ka, madaming modest way na sagutin ung request ng OFW like "Sige hija ganito ang maaari mong gawin at heto ang mga pwedeng mangyari"

Naintindihan mo hijo?

Ok, Jopoc, edited na kung edited. But clearly the woman was just asking that her RIGHTS be respected. Anong sagot nung labor attache? "Anong rights rights?" Tama bang sagot yun? Kahit snippet lang yun at hindi buong conversation dun palang maling mali na siya. And furthermore, kahit pa kupal na yung DH at hindi edukado (ipagpalagay na natin, pero hindi naman mukhang ganun) maski na, hindi pa rin dapat ganun ang ATTITUDE nung dapat public servant sa PUBLIKONG dapat BOSS nya.

Dapat maintindihan ng mga consulado natin na ang mga OFW na yun ay "client" nila. The reason they exist (in that position) at all is because of these (makulit na kung makulit) na mga OFW. Kung ayaw nila ng ganung trabaho, UMUWI na lang sila at dito mag-traffik aide sa Makati.

Tanong ko lang Jopoc, would you treat a client of yours that way? Kahit isang snippet lang ng conversation,were you ever that rude to a client?

maiba lang, napakabata ko pa para mamatay. ang walanghiyang scammer eh pinatay na ako sa magulang ko. Minsan nagtext sa magulang ko na namatay ako sa aksidente sa dubai. tapos humihingi ng repatriation ng katawan ko sa pinas. ung gagong un nakakataas ng dugo. nagpadala naman agad ang magulang ko kasi daw pag hindi daw naipadala ang katawan ko ng maaga under islamic law dito na daw ako ililibing. ang iniisip ko baka bukas ung ibang ofw tulad ng dh na madalas bawal mag cellphone ang ganunin nila. silang mas nakakaawa. Nahingan ang magulang ko mahigit 10thousand pesos.

mga dapat gawin bago maniwala na namatay ang kaanak sa abroad

1. tawagan ang kamag anak na sinasabing namatay

2. tawagan ang kaibigan o kaanak sa nasabing bansa para magtanong

3. tumawag sa embahada ng bansa kung saan andoon ang kamg anak na sinasabing namatay dahil pag may pinoy na namatay sa ibang bansa madalas na itinatawa sa embahada ang namatay.

wag maniwala sa basta text at tawag lang ng ibang tao.

Makasabat lang

Hindi nga daw "Verbal Abuse", unbecoming of a Public Servant nga daw

Tama ka, madaming modest way na sagutin ung request ng OFW like "Sige hija ganito ang maaari mong gawin at heto ang mga pwedeng mangyari"

thanks...

iba kasi ang verbal abuse sa pagiging rude.

maaring bastos magsalita attache, maaring may dahilan kung bakit ganun sya.

ang akin lang, although mas maganda kung naging mahinahon sya, mas maigi pa rin na pakinggan at alamin natin ang buong storya bago humusga.

para maging patas lang.

Public Service : When people in authority speaks, hear them, let them finish.... if you do not understand politely ask, ask and ask again. If you have a question to ask, ask politely

If they people ask you to explain you can do so... but if you are not sure what to say, you can keep your mouth shut

------

Jopoc

Words or sounds expelled from a speaker can be subjective .... depending on the receiver... hindi laya subjective din ito

Institutions (govt man or private) have rules and ethics on the use of words.

One thing we also need to know is that institutions and the people withing have their rights to protect themselves.

Just like in a protest rally .... Oo na, public official na, pulis pa, Maximum tolerance na

BUT

if a crowd starts crackin, whipin, shootin..... ahhh the anti-riot squad have an answer for that

thanks...

iba kasi ang verbal abuse sa pagiging rude.

maaring bastos magsalita attache, maaring may dahilan kung bakit ganun sya.

ang akin lang, although mas maganda kung naging mahinahon sya, mas maigi pa rin na pakinggan at alamin natin ang buong storya bago humusga.

para maging patas lang.