• Please log in to reply
924 replies to this topic

#41 plowed99

plowed99

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:i like to hookup with guy(s). yun mga tripper lang. versatile ako. hehehe

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:47 PM

pag naman puro save ka na lang ng save, parang wala ka ng life nun. la lang. naisip ko lang pag puro tipid ginawa mo, buti pa di ka na lang nag-work. hehehe life's pleasures don't come cheap! hehehe

#42 jt2003

jt2003

Drunk and falling off his chair

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

pag naman puro save ka na lang ng save, parang wala ka ng life nun. la lang. naisip ko lang pag puro tipid ginawa mo, buti pa di ka na lang nag-work. hehehe life's pleasures don't come cheap! hehehe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehehe. Sa southern threads dapat natin pag-usapan yan. :evil: :evil: :evil:

#43 LB

LB

"I will not cut my conscience to fit fashion"

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,615 posts
  • Interests:Ebaying, fashion design, travelling, painting, business and beautiful people ;)

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:28 PM

pag sale lang mag-shop :P

#44 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Interests:Mountain bikes, PC, Electronics

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:19 PM

Another good idea in saving your hard earned money is to invest it wisely. Kasi if we only save, we only hoard it. and hoarding it means it cannot grow.

#45 jt2003

jt2003

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:14 PM

Another good idea in saving your hard earned money is to invest it wisely. Kasi if we only save, we only hoard it. and hoarding it means it cannot grow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is, we get into a lot of problems when we get into investments. There's so much risk. A mere P0.02 drop in a particular stock can be catastrophic, depending on how much you've invested. I do agree that you get far better yields from investments. But you've got to be watching, really watching. With investments, you can't just sit back and relax. And with investments, you put in only the money you can afford to lose.

Then again, there are different kinds of investments that don't carry much risk, such as annuities, mutual funds, insurance, etc. But in such avenues, you always should have a long-term perspective. You won't get anything till you're old and and weary. But even there, you run a risk of loss. Who knows if the company might just shut down or fail to honor its commitments. Just think of the present controversy with CAP.

Edited by jt2003, 02 February 2005 - 08:23 PM.

#46 fire_and_ice_girl

fire_and_ice_girl

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:46 PM

1. Get a piggy bank and at the end of the day, put your loose change there.

2. Open a dollar account, since devaluation of peso is a sure thing, it would be better to have your savings in dollars.
When you think about it, the peso savings you have at the bank earns around 3% interest per annum, while the buying power became lesser, and a yield of 3 bucks for every grand is definitely not enough.
If worried that minimum balance or opening requirements are too much trouble for you, try Banco de Oro, you don't need to be their client for a year and I think, the opening balance is only $200.00

3. Set a budget and track your expenses.

4. Always ask yourself before buying anything, "Is it a need or a want?"

5. Someone told me before that at the very least, you should safekeep 10% of your earnings.

6. If you think you cannot do anything of the above, buy a pension or a life insurance, think of it as forced savings.

of course, there are other ways to save money and a thousand readings teaching you how to do it, but so far, I find these ones really helpful.

#47 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:57 AM

Going to preneed plans as ways of saving, how does CAP fare now?

#48 jt2003

jt2003

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:02 PM

Going to preneed plans as ways of saving, how does CAP fare now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand that CAP has been barred from issuing new policies. There have been cases where checks made out to schools have bounced.

#49 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:04 AM

A very good book to read is Pera mo palaguin mo by colayco

#50 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:29 AM

One way to save is to pay off your credit card bills

#51 ed_rocks

ed_rocks

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:passionate about music, likes cooking, swimming, playing piano, violin and guitar, composing instrumentals, pointed boots, sensual and intellectual talks :D

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:35 PM

baon na lang for lunch and dinner...:P

#52 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:38 PM

fortunately may nanlibre sa akin, hehe, one way to save on food

#53 bhatotoy

bhatotoy

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:52 PM

OO NGA NAMAN....PARA KA NGA NAMANG MAGIGING MUKHANG KAWAWA KUNG PATI BA NAMAN SA PAGKAIN TITIPIRIN MO PA SARILI MO....PAPANO MO MA ENJOY ANG BUHAY KUNG LAGI KANG NAG TITIIS...EH MAY TRABAHO KA NAMAN....

SA AKIN LANG HANGAT HINDI KA NANGUNGUTANG PARA SA LUHO MO SA BUHAY OK LANG YUN
EMERGENCY MONEY LANG ANG KAILANGANG MERON KA...JUST IN CASE...

TUNGKOL NAMAN SA INVESTMENT OR PAG PAPALAGO NG PERA PARANG IBA NAYUN SA PAG TITIPID

#54 Rebel_Kitty

Rebel_Kitty

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:travelling, snowboarding, lounging on the beach, badminton, working out, just driving around on a lonely night, alone time, muni-muni, bitching about life with friends, books, films, making money, coffee, alcohol, sex.

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:52 PM

I find bringing my own food and coffee to work saves me BIG.

• Guests

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:09 PM

if people save PHP 100 per day, you would hae saved PHP 36,500 by the end of 1 year.

P100 simply means giving up the extra trip to starbucks. it's not much but a little discipline can give you that extra cash at the end of 1 year.

#56 jt2003

jt2003

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:04 PM

if people save PHP 100 per day, you would hae saved PHP 36,500 by the end of 1 year.

P100 simply means giving up the extra trip to starbucks. it's not much but a little discipline can give you that extra cash at the end of 1 year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Idagdag ko lang.
Whether you save P100 a day or P20 a day, put the money away. Put it where you can't see it. Keeping the money in sight just creates too much of a temptation to spend.

#57 batang_yakult

batang_yakult

In my dearest memories, I see you reaching out to me.

• (05) Regular
  • 1,594 posts
  • Interests:boys, ukay-ukay, clothes, fashion<br />tiangge, PS2 games, boys, cute furry<br />animals, PAWS, House Music &amp; Hugh Grant<br /><br />canona520! nokia 3300! internet!<br />quiapo, novaliches, 99.5 RT, saturdays,<br />sugarfree, jollibee krunchy twirl, palabok,<br />cloud 9, tiangge, badminton, white chocolate,<br />BK onion rings, beewee, chismis, <br />nokia n91, mp3, kazaa, anime, yaiba

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:05 PM

i watched a probe team documentary on money. one of the people they interviewed said that, ang pilipino baliktad mag ipon e. gagastos siya tapos kung may matira un yung itatabi. ang dapat kasi naka budget na yun para limitado ka.

tapos ina-analyze din nila kung mahilig kang tumaya sa lotto, magyosi o di kaya uminom. lumalabas na sa loob ng 5 years na consistent kang gumagstos ng kahit ano sa tatlong ito, halos hundred thousands na rin ung nagagastos mo.

personally, i have a savings account whre i have a certain target na ma sa save. kapag naabot ko na ung first target, the next pay will be for my luxuries na. i also budget my money everyday.

sa ngayon, nagbabaon ako kapag nag jo job hunting ako.. as in may water bottleat snack na ako in case magutom sa daan.

#58 Batabatuta™

Batabatuta™

God of Lust

• UNREGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:07 PM

Nice thread ;)

#59 scott_summers

scott_summers

Dreamweaver in disguise

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts
  • Interests:to be able to explore the boundaries of this earth... sub-consciously set aside norms, principles and inhibitions and just roam freely... flowing in unison, risking sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment. Let me take you there...

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:39 AM

open up another acct aside from your payroll acct

try putting in half of what you earned every 15th..

youll definitely see your money grow :rolleyes:

#60 schizo_sublime

schizo_sublime

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:maybe it's hard to let go...<br />kaya si paolo pa rin...<br />friends... monsters na katulad ko.<br />huggable men! hehehehehehehe

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:43 PM

money saving tips?
here's mine.

1. wag bilhin ang hindi dapat bilhin
2. kung yosi lang... tingi tingi na lang..
3. kung sa kainan... sa gotohan na lang para mura!
4. usually, sumasabay na lang me pauwi sa mom ko kahit na half day lang ako.

i hope... kahit pano may naitulong ako..
kei.? :boo:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users