1195 replies to this topic

#21 kenji_1989

kenji_1989

Lover

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1141 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:29 AM

Depende talaga siguro sa preferences ng isang player kung console or PC siya e. Well, para sa akin, di ko masasabi na magastos ang PC dahil upgrade ka every middle of the year. Yes, may tendency na mas mahal talaga ang PC kumpara sa console. Pero ang tanong e gaano tatagal? Halimbawa, parating na ang PlayStation 3. Siguro malalaro parin niya yung mga PlayStation2 and PlayStation1 na games. Pero siyempre, may mga uusbong na games na pang PS3 talaga diba? Para sakin parang sayang naman yung mga naunang games. E kung sa PC, oo nga magastos sa upgrades pero guaranteed ka na sa bawat upgrade mo, future looking ang PC and ready to eat whatever hell spit onto it. Of course, malalaro mo parin ang mga naunang games. Astig diba? You can play both the past, present, and the future ^_^ Opinion ko lang pow hehe..

Add up pa..masarap sa console yung mga versus na laro ^_^ that's the thing siguro na gusto ko sa consoles at isa pa ay mga RPG's. Pag sa PC maganda laruin mga FPS, strategy and other games na masarap laruin with keyboard and mouse.. ^_^

For me to rate out of 10

console - 9 1/2
PC - 10

O diba ISLAYT lang difference ^_^

#22 mrxtacy2003

mrxtacy2003

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:57 AM

hehehe with all this argument about technicalities... c'mon guys you don't need to drop all those hardware talk.

Its simple. Consoles were developed for gaming, PC was more for all around use today including games. So what does this mean? it means kahit na crappy yung mga games sa console, at least the hardware was specifically designed to handle games that's it whether its a high poly game or not.

PC's were designed initially for business consumption and later re-invented for homes. Its an all around machine now, although its true that games are developed in PC's you should at least tweak it a bit more rather than just putting all those hardwares and run it in its default configuration.

So, ano pa argument? kung may games for the console, im sure it will run better and mas enhanced ang gaming experience for the mere fact it was designed for games.

Kung meron para sa PC, so much the better, less expense on our side since we do not need an extra machine for our leisure.

#23 joeglens

joeglens

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Microcontrollers, Embedded Design, PS2, DS, Wii

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:25 AM

Yup its all in the thrill and gaming experience. There was no argument in the first place. I was just explaning the facts and stuff why i find more thrill in console than in PC, at this moment. But some guy out there thought it was all trash talk and began cross-examining my statements. Its like im in a witness stand :lol:, although some of it might be my fault since fed the fire more wood

That's why i bought a DS instead of a PSP since i like the gaming experience delivered by DS. Although in the future i might bought a PSP just for the sake of playing a GREAT GAME exclusive for it.

So I spend more time in console than in PC as i stated in my first post doesn't mean i don't play PC right?

#24 azrach187

azrach187

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

Well, sometimes you just have to show people the light. The best to show the way are those that travels back in forth and could claim to be denizen of both worlds.

This thread hopefully would span the gap, instead of creating one, the space between console and PCs. I have known the existence of both worlds, and could not deny either the pros and cons of both.

Maybe, it will show what people have been missing or denying all this time. I am well aware of the bias that results from a purchase, and why one would defend the color red, as oppose to black, in a difference of a mere five cents.

#25 crazykalbo

crazykalbo

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:05 AM

PC games are cool kaso nakakairita naman magupgrade ng magupgrade ng parts/specs ng pc just for the hassel of being able to play a new cool game no.

I prefer console gaming pa rin since I just play for the sake of wasting time/when im not doing anything.

#26 in_vitro

in_vitro

..::passing the torch::..

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1485 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:40 PM

i used to do heavy PC-gaming, since way back NBA LIVE 98...
however, im a recent console-convert. nothing beats the feeling of a multitapped NBA Live experience with friends. :)

#27 azrach187

azrach187

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

i used to do heavy PC-gaming, since way back NBA LIVE 98...
however, im a recent console-convert. nothing beats the feeling of a multitapped NBA Live experience with friends.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup. That it is! Sports games is one of the reasons why I liked playing in consoles, especially with a bunch of friends. One screen, up to four players and a lot of "smack-talking"! :lol:

#28 Phrozhen.Khold

Phrozhen.Khold

† Photographer Kuno †

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6834 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:51 PM

Thats why I hate talking about tech stuff... there's always somebody who'd grill you the moment you mentioned something about them... I don't mean to put some more gas to the flame but lets face it... If it wasnt for those geeks who decided to make the PC an all around machine to be used by 'normal' people... then this thread would be for which console could give you the best gaming experience <_<

#29 azrach187

azrach187

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:59 PM

Thats why I hate talking about tech stuff... there's always somebody who'd grill you the moment you mentioned something about them... I don't mean to put some more gas to the flame but lets face it... If it wasnt for those geeks who decided to make the PC an all around machine to be used by 'normal' people... then this thread would be for which console could give you the best gaming experience  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Some are hung up on some kind of loyalty instead of focusing the strength or weakness of a particular game, or console.

Some, well, is just an adventure to add color to their life.

I started this thread to gap the difference, letting both side take a glimpse of the other side.

I would be adding some game reviews, on both the PC and consoles (Xbox 360) on another thread.

Edited by azrach187, 26 May 2006 - 08:59 PM.

#30 Kurtsky Keigee

Kurtsky Keigee

Kid at Heart

• (01) Lurker
  • 10407 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:27 PM

Console is more convenient for me.
Anyways most PC games get ported to consoles in a matter of time, its just a frame rate difference.

#31 azrach187

azrach187

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:45 PM

Console is more convenient for me.
Anyways most PC games get ported to consoles in a matter of time, its just a frame rate difference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And vise-versa. Console to PC like Riddick and GTA

#32 Kurtsky Keigee

Kurtsky Keigee

Kid at Heart

• (01) Lurker
  • 10407 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:27 AM

But since nauso PC gaming and console gaming got left behind a little due to the online gaming boom recently dami na tuloy nag PPC games.
Sayang, If PC gaming didnt become a hit, I stuck to console gaming and could have saved alot :mellow:

#33 Constan†ine

Constan†ine

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Computers, games, playing my guitar, basketball, what else....

Posted 27 May 2006 - 01:18 AM

hndi ko pa rin ipagpapalit ang PC kasi pag nasa PC na ko...

Im the man!!!

hehehe

#34 methos

methos

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1213 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

Depends...If it's a strategy game or a first-person shooter, I play it on the pc coz of the accuracy of using a mouse. All other gaming genre I play via console. :hypocritesmiley:

#35 penajk

penajk

Devirginized

• (02) Sinless
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:48 AM

depends on the game pa din.

strategy games the best sa pc. ang hirap kaya maglaro ng red alert on ps dati?

#36 ric2000

ric2000

Americano lov'in the Philippines

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1353 posts
  • Interests:I need just one really discrete woman,
    no embarassing questions just sensual pleasure and a sense of humor.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:32 AM

Console for sports games, PC for the rest for me B)

#37 Yuex

Yuex

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:22 AM

I prefer the Console game. not that i have a grudge against PC, but for me its kinda costly to upgrade your PC just to play the new games. I Do an upgrade, play the new games, then in a few months time, a new game comes out and requires another upgrade. Unlike Gaming consoles that has a Life span of at least 3-5 years before another chine buffs it off. Maybe i'm just sour graping coz i cant afford the upgrades or maybe i'm just being

#38 largebelly

largebelly

Looker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Biking, staring at pretty ladies, staring at pretty ladies while I bike, reading, watching anime

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:46 PM

this is one site where reading back made my head hurt. being a techo-caveman all these letters made me reel badly. i've been playing games both on pc and consoles for the longest time. back then, pc games were still in the floppy discs (apple and its ilk, green pa nga yun monitor) and console gaming was on Atari. and have continued to play games on each incarnation ever since.

all i can say is that comparing one with the other is like comparing burgers and fries. they're both good but there's no comprarison. analogy may suck but there are times that its just enjoyable to have one rather than the other.

although personally for me, being rather old, consoles are better since i can just lie down on bed and play for hours without my back and neck contorting to unnatural positions. plus the tv is a heck of a lot bigger than my monitor :)

just my 2 cents here.

#39 zeromike22

zeromike22

orgasmic licker

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2007 posts
  • Interests:anything goes for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:35 PM

You can't compare the graphics between a console and a pc based game....

Mas maganda pa rin ang PC.....:):):)

Regarding transforming your Pc into a gaming Spec machine...

1gb mem = 4000
256Mb Ati Radeon Video Card =4,500

= 8,500.00 .... mas mura pa than buying a console which usually tags around P11,500 to P13,000 .. Besides a Pc has more use than a conventional gaming system...

and this specs will last for about 3-5 years... Don't fret out if the game you like has high hardware requirements coz what matters most is the minimum requirement to run the game!!!.....

Would you believe that my friend was able to play halflife2 and F.E.A.R. on a pentium 3 computer????

#40 Mamang Tahimik

Mamang Tahimik

Bokya

• (05) Regular
  • 1093 posts
  • Interests:( Y )

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:42 PM

I used to play console games when i was a kid. Then i found about PC games. I never looked back afterwards. :)

But it was ages ago, so i'm not sure about console gaming these days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users