The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

i'm not too crazy about the styling of the 4-door next gen civic

Neither am I. Just look at the design evolution of the Civic, particularly from the 5th to the yet to be released 8th gen. It's as if you are buying the same car save for (marked) cosmetic improvements. To describe this evolution the word that comes to mind is 'boring.'

Plus, Honda in my opinion has lost it's rep*tation as a quality car maker. Bought my first Honda- a 5th gen Civic, in awe of it's rep*tation in the U.S. as a top-quality car maker. And the car didn't disappoint and gave me 6 years of solid, worry-free driving. 2 Hondas have since come and gone. However, my latest Honda (my wife's actually), a 2 year old City came with defects from the onset: from busted lighters to deformed airvents.

So am I bound to buy this Civic as my wife is looking to replace her car? No. Used to be that the quality was enough reason for you to look past the staid looks and styling and, no to mention, the higher-than-the-competion prices. Not anymore.

Kansi,

Well I am surprised at your comment on the Honda quality. But i have to respect your comment because I have only owned a honda just 2 days ago and I cannot really make comparison with the previous honda generation. I owned a honda civic 2.0 i-vtec and honestly I am extremely happy with it. Of course as I say I cannot make comparison with previous generation as I do not own one in the past. But at least I can compare with the nissan and the mitsubishi and even toyota. In my opinion, again my opinion, the civic is definitely better than the nissan. It is a close fight with the altis but because of its sheer power 155hps, I definitely pick the honda. Its pick up speed is amazing. So far it does not give me any problem at all. But of course I maintain it well, doing regular servicing. I am excited about the 8th generation civic because it has a 2.0cc again and i hope to replace it.

Neither am I. Just look at the design evolution of the Civic, particularly from the 5th to the yet to be released 8th gen. It's as if you are buying the same car save for (marked) cosmetic improvements. To describe this evolution the word that comes to mind is 'boring.'

Plus, Honda in my opinion has lost it's rep*tation as a quality car maker.  Bought my first Honda- a 5th gen Civic, in awe of it's rep*tation in the U.S. as a top-quality car maker. And the car didn't disappoint and gave me 6 years of solid, worry-free driving. 2 Hondas have since come and gone. However, my latest Honda (my wife's actually), a 2 year old City came with defects from the onset: from busted lighters to deformed airvents.

So am I bound to buy this Civic as my wife is looking to replace her car? No. Used to be that the quality was enough reason for you to look past the staid looks and styling and, no to mention, the higher-than-the-competion prices. Not anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
no offence honda fans but i find the new civic ugly and even more ricey interior. Still the older generation are far better. Design is getting worse by the generation. peace =)

Really I am surprised by your comment. Well I will have to take a look at it personally

at close range. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But of course one man's

meat is another's poison

ABS actually increases breaking distance.. just gives u more control.. and all cars now have ABS.. so thats not a plus for hondas..

yes thats correct nearly every car in the middle market and even lower priced cars have ABS as standard...every car company wants to put safety first. Even Lancers have (EBD electronic brakeforce distribution) that was only found in higher priced cars like the Evo...but because competition of the smaller car market has gone up due to fuel costs companies are giving them away for free!

and i did get to see the new 8th gen Honda at a local dealership, they had one for a demo...and i must say its butt ugly...im sorry but its just butt ugly...too boxy, plain styling...maybe for the 30s and up with family will like this car but for young group noo unless its free from your parents....

anyone see the new replacement of the Nissan Pulsar the Tilda... :sick:

Edited by luol_deng
i heard honda claims that they will come up with the 1.8L engine. sabi nila it has the power of the 2.0L and the fuel economy of a 1.5L engine.

kikew,

you mean that there won't be the 2.0vtec engine for the new honda civic that will be launchd

this april. In Singapore it has the 2.0vtec and it has the same engine as the present honda civic 2.0vtec. I am confused bywhatyou say

kikew,

you mean that there won't be the 2.0vtec engine for the new honda civic that will be launchd

this april.  In Singapore it has the 2.0vtec and it has the same engine as the present honda civic 2.0vtec.  I am confused bywhatyou say

The '06 base Civic is offered with a 1.8L engine in both the European and US markets. The Civic SI will be offered with a 2.0L engine is the US. No word yet on the Type R.

yes thats correct nearly every car in the middle market and even lower priced cars have ABS as standard...every car company wants to put safety first. Even Lancers have (EBD electronic brakeforce distribution) that was only found in higher priced cars like the Evo...but because competition of the smaller car market has gone up due to fuel costs companies are giving them away for free!

and i did get to see the new 8th gen Honda at a local dealership, they had one for a demo...and i must say its butt ugly...im sorry but its just butt ugly...too boxy, plain styling...maybe for the 30s and up with family will like this car but for young group noo unless its free from your parents....

anyone see the new replacement of the Nissan Pulsar the Tilda... :sick:

I think you are right to say that the butt is ugly. But it is not as bad as it looks. Anyway

to me the looks is not that ugly but just presentable. What i go for is its performance

and its amenities which is amazing on the inside. Is the Honda produced in the philippines

or imported