Divorce In The Philippines

Ako I agree.. mukang d2 na lng sa philippines walang divorce.. pero marame din nman saten ang broken family khit walang divorce nde pa nasusuportahan ng maayos ang mga naiwang anak.. kung me divorce na d2 cguro mabibigyan na din ng tamang share yung mga kids yung tipong automatically ibabawas na agad sa sweldo yung sustento n dapat sa bata. O dba. kyo watyatink?

noon, agree ako na magkaroon ng divorce dito sa pilipinas, pero ngayon na married nako, ayoko na! :lol: :lol: :lol:

enewei, ganun din naman kasi, marami rin naman ang naghihiwalay satin. kaliwa't kanan ang kilala kong hiwalay sa asawa, i guess mas mabuti ng ma-legalize ang divorce. on d other hand, pag naging legal naman ang divorce satin, matutulad tayo sa ibang bansa na balewala na ang essence ng marriage kasi nga madali ng maghiwalay. parang magboyfriend na pag ayaw na eh break na. <_<

well, opinion ko lang naman to, i dont want divorce to be legalized here in the philippines.. filipinos have struggled thru d hardships of marriage all their lives, i think the next generations can do that also. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

wag na lang....

as said, marami na ngang hiwalayan at broken families sa pinas. if we legalize divorce...lalong dadami to.

in terms of child support, i think you need not have a divorse to get one. you can claim child support from the father. consult a lawyer but im sure puwede siya.

we have ANNULMENT naman sa pinas. it's almost the same na naman e. if you really think that it's not gonna work, then go for rigorous process of annulment. at least sa hirap niya, it's a deterent to hiwalayan. you should think twice before (1) getting married, and (2) getting annulment....kasi nga its not just a rigorous process....costly pa.

very traditional ang dating, pero i believe that it is part of the filipino culture to keep the marriage no matter what. it's a good filipino tradition. of course there are extreme cases which for me personally, divorce is really an option....but as what i've said, we have ANNULMENT naman as a last resort.

that's my two cents worth....siguro i just cant bear breaking a relationship and a family for any reason...it's just me po.

:)

• Like (+1) 1

I still agree... sa nakikita ko mas magbebenifit ang wife… para maiwasan yung mga husband na nangangaliwa at mapangabuso… para nde na lng cla basta basta lolokohin ng husband nila na makikipag flirt na lng kung knikanino kse pede na clang hiwalayan ni misis. Yung iba kse they took advantage of the marriage since wala ng kawala ang misis nila sa knila.. at the same time pede pa clang magloko.. tapos parang ok lng sa society na ganun.

Guest Dobermaxx

We have annuulment and legal separation already, why not divorce? Divorce would make sure that deadbeat ashole husbands would be legally boung to give financial support to their wives even after the dissolution of the marriage. Honestly, the thought of putting a monetary tag on the mariage oif it dissolves may motivate some guys to behave themselves.

wag na lang....

as said, marami na ngang hiwalayan at broken families sa pinas. if we legalize divorce...lalong dadami to.

in terms of child support, i think you need not have a divorse to get one. you can claim child support from the father. consult a lawyer but im sure puwede siya.

we have ANNULMENT naman sa pinas. it's almost the same na naman e. if you really think that it's not gonna work, then go for rigorous process of annulment. at least sa hirap niya, it's a deterent to hiwalayan. you should think twice before (1) getting married, and (2) getting annulment....kasi nga its not just a rigorous process....costly pa.

very traditional ang dating, pero i believe that it is part of the filipino culture to keep the marriage no matter what. it's a good filipino tradition. of course there are extreme cases which for me personally, divorce is really an option....but as what i've said, we have ANNULMENT naman as a last resort.

that's my two cents worth....siguro i just cant bear breaking a relationship and a family for any reason...it's just me po.

:)

Marame ngang hiwalay but most of the wives and children ay nde nmn nabibigyan ng tamang sustento… khit kumuha ka pa ng lawyer balewala pa rin. Bkt kelangan pang maghabol ni Melanie Marquez ke Lito Lapid para sa sustento sa anak nila dba dapat automatic n yun? Mas maganda kung nsa batas na automatic ng ibabawas yun sa sweldo nila pra nde na kelangang pahirapan pa yung anak na magremind ng magremind sa father nya para lang makuha yung dapat sa knya… nde nman lahat nagkukusang magbigay ng sustento. Nde lahat merong kunsensya.

as what you said marame ng hiwalay sa pinas so bkt nde pa gawing legal dba. even if we legalize divorce or not nde mo namn mapipigilan yung mga hiwalayan na yan. Are you saying na weather they like or not they should stay together khit nde na maganda na magkasama pa cla? Khit nde na maganda ung effect nito sa mga kids? Nde mo nman pedeng itago yun dba? nde kaya masyado na tayong makaluma magisip?

We have annuulment and legal separation already, why not divorce?  Divorce would make sure that deadbeat ashole husbands would be legally boung to give financial support to their wives even after the dissolution of the marriage.  Honestly, the thought of putting a monetary tag on the mariage oif it dissolves may motivate some guys to behave themselves.

very true!

A divorce law will not necessarily ensure fulfillment of any obligation for support.

There's actually enough in our laws to compel a husband to provide support to his family in the event that he and his wife separates whether in fact or under any of the circumstances allowed by our family laws. If the main concern is to assure that a husband will continue to support his family and give the family its due then the solution in my opinion is not necessarily to have a divorce law in the Philippines but to rather amend our laws on family support to: provide for more support to the wife and kids in the event of separation, streamline the procedural requirements to secure a decision in the courts for support to assure expediency and most importantly have a more stringent enforcement procedure to compel the husband to meticulously comply with any order of the courts to provide support under pain of fine, forfeiture of assets and salaries and even imprisonment.

Most of the issues raised here are on support. A divorce law is not necessary to compel support.

• Like (+1) 1

One reailty in life : We are all in a Man's World

Women are both victims of themselves and others, it is how the natural world is made ...

These wishful thinking will be granted by then if:

1. Men will start to bear children and not the women

2. Women will start to think, analyze and solve problems like men

3. Women begin to understand themselves, how they think and what they really want to be

**** My colleague's (lady) annulment case was just denied last week by a male judge. The funny part of the decision seem to blame my colleage as narated.....

Marame ngang hiwalay but most of the wives and children ay nde nmn nabibigyan ng tamang sustento… khit kumuha ka pa ng lawyer balewala pa rin. Bkt kelangan pang maghabol ni Melanie Marquez ke Lito Lapid para sa sustento sa anak nila dba dapat automatic n yun? Mas maganda kung nsa batas na automatic ng ibabawas yun sa sweldo nila pra nde na kelangang pahirapan pa yung anak na magremind ng magremind sa father nya para lang makuha yung dapat sa knya… nde nman lahat nagkukusang magbigay ng sustento. Nde lahat merong kunsensya.

as what you said marame ng hiwalay sa pinas so bkt nde pa gawing legal dba. even if we legalize divorce or not nde mo namn mapipigilan yung mga hiwalayan na yan. Are you saying na weather they like or not they should stay together khit nde na maganda na magkasama pa cla? Khit nde na maganda ung effect nito sa mga kids? Nde mo nman pedeng itago yun dba? nde kaya masyado na tayong makaluma magisip?

The alternative is not to marry at the first place <--- Again good for men not so good for women ......

Shindig - Same reason

Kapag lalake nakasal, nangaliwa, nagbahay, o kaya di na virgin - nobody minds

Kapag babae - malandi, makati, damage goods, malfunction - in the old times, stoned to death

The world is not fair ...... o fair nga ba? Wish mo lang

i agree.  there has to be an alternative to those who are in really bad marriages.  in anullment, the marriage supposedly didn't exist at all.  but who are we kidding?  some marriages really aren't null and void to begin with but for some, there's no other option but to get around the grounds and finally break free.

I am for divorce! This time there should be a law granting divorce to bad and miserable marriages. I dont think that legalizing this will increase the number of broken families. I dont think that it will either stop or decrease it...but it would definitely give the people in the marriage an increase of freedom and self confidence. Why stay in a crappy relationship if you are in pain..or if the relationship is controlled by hate or anger..or just by an uncontrollable clash of differences? This will just eat you up and will trap you in a situation you will forever regret. So with DIVORCE, it would give each party the opportunity to rearrange their life and free them from pain and hatred.

Edited by heavygatin_but_cutie
Yes, please! I've seen a lot of failed marriages in this country that is beyond salvation, and I don't believe  in couples staying together even though the relationship is obviously f**ked up. Unfortunately for us, the Philippines is a predominantly Catholic country, and the chances of getting divorce implemented here can be compared to a snowball's chance in hell. So-called moralists came up with various arguments as to why divorce is evil, they keep on insisting that divorce would ruin the lives of the children and that couples who are joined together by God in the holy bonds of marriage should not be torn apart. Would you still subscribe to this bullshit even though the husband is beating the wife to a pulp every night and spending hard-earned money on gambling, alcohol and other women? (Women have their faults too, just to be fair to the men.) Would you still not contemplate breaking off the union even though the children are getting traumatized to listening to their parents yelling at the top of their lungs for all the neighbors to hear? Children would be better off in a civilized arrangement where the parents are divorced, peacefully, and not biting each other's heads off. Conservatives have to accept that not all relationships can be mended, and that dissolving it is a far better solution.

I agree with you completely BMW. :)

Good points you raised there.

In addition, i heard divorce is cheaper and a lot easier to file and obtain compared to annulment. This, to my think, should ease up the financial concerns of couples who want to pursue individual happiness but are held back by financial inadequacies.

Also, i think it's lame for couples to dilly-dally on the decision to separate (because obviously they can no longer co-exist) on account of the kids. I think kids nowadays are wiser beyond their age - I mean, I am at times surprised at how good they are in communicating their thoughts. And the questions they ask (goodness!) often leave me stunned and groping for answers. :lol: So having said that, I think cowering behind the pretense of "marital bliss" just to protect the kids from the harsh realities of life is tantamount to insulting the very core of their intelligence. I'm not saying the kids won't be devastated by the split as I'm sure the whole process will be just as painful to them as it is for the parents petitioning for the divorce/dissolution of marriage. But that isn't something that can't be solved by talking to them and properly explaining the situation. That's infinitely better than having them witness perpetual mudslinging and constant blame-trading between parents.

Just my thought on the matter. :)

I agree for Divorce plus suspension of Parental Authority

Allow me to elaborate to extend a balance below

Would you still subscribe to this bullshit even though

- The wife irresponsibly squanders the family's moreso the husbands earnings on relentless shopping gambling and socializing ... and asks for more ...

- The wife with all the livings intended for children are frittered away by lavish unnecesary spendings

- The wife is undulged adulterous and fictitious lifestyle

....... would ruin the lives of the children and that couples who are joined together by God in the holy bonds of marriage should not be torn apart. Would you still subscribe to this bullshit even though the husband is beating the wife to a pulp every night and spending hard-earned money on gambling, alcohol and other women? (Women have their faults too, just to be fair to the men.) .....Children would be better off in a civilized arrangement where the parents are divorced, peacefully, and not biting each other's heads off. ......

Yes, please! I've seen a lot of failed marriages in this country that is beyond salvation, and I don't believe  in couples staying together even though the relationship is obviously f**ked up. Unfortunately for us, the Philippines is a predominantly Catholic country, and the chances of getting divorce implemented here can be compared to a snowball's chance in hell. So-called moralists came up with various arguments as to why divorce is evil, they keep on insisting that divorce would ruin the lives of the children and that couples who are joined together by God in the holy bonds of marriage should not be torn apart. Would you still subscribe to this bullshit even though the husband is beating the wife to a pulp every night and spending hard-earned money on gambling, alcohol and other women? (Women have their faults too, just to be fair to the men.) Would you still not contemplate breaking off the union even though the children are getting traumatized to listening to their parents yelling at the top of their lungs for all the neighbors to hear? Children would be better off in a civilized arrangement where the parents are divorced, peacefully, and not biting each other's heads off. Conservatives have to accept that not all relationships can be mended, and that dissolving it is a far better solution.

yes its true, i am one of those kids na na-traumatized every time my parents fights each other, sobrang violente kse nila pagnagaaway sila, makikita mo silang nagsusuntukan sa harap mo. ever since nde n sila nagkasundo, and its really obvious na nde n nila mahal ang isat isa, so wat happened is, my 2 siblings didn’t finished their studies my young bro got into drugs then my young sis got pregnant and get married at very early age(17y/o) just to get away with my parents. my siblings life ruined and you cant blame them kung weak sila sa situation ng family nmen. I think it would have got better if maybe sna naghiwalay n lng sila nuon pa. of cors we still want to live with our both birth parents, but really in a family like ours you would feel na ok lng khit nde n lng. wag n lng..

Ako I agree.. mukang d2 na lng sa philippines walang divorce.. pero marame din nman saten ang broken family khit walang divorce nde pa nasusuportahan ng maayos ang mga naiwang anak.. kung me divorce na d2 cguro mabibigyan na din ng tamang share yung mga kids yung tipong automatically ibabawas na agad sa sweldo yung sustento n dapat sa bata. O dba. kyo watyatink?

The government should get out of the business of marriage.

Marriage should have NEVER been a government's undertaking.

The problem with the government or any government's idea of a marriage contract is that it is a moving target, always changing with the times, with the whims of each congressman, senator or president.

What kind of a contract is that if it keeps changing as times go by?

Good grief! Would you sign such a contract?

Give me a break!

Each to his own contract.

I say each to his own religious ceremony ONLY.

Never sign up with any government sanctioned marriage!!!