Exams You Wouldn’t Forget….

Let’s discuss some of our, well, we can consider one of the most challenging exams you have taken…. If you can still remember, you can mention here example… like this;-

WORLD HISTORY

Describe the history of the papacy from its origins to the present day, concentrating especially, but not exclusively, on its social, political, economic, religious, and philosophical impact on Europe, Asia, America, and Africa. Be brief and concise, yet specific.

ASTRONOMY

Define the universe; give three examples.

MEDICINE

You will be provided with a razor blade, a piece of gauze, and a bottle of Scotch. Remove your appendix. Do not suture until your work has been inspected. You have 15 minutes.

COMPUTER SCIENCE

Write a fifth-generation computer language. Using this language, create a computer program to finish the rest of this exam for you.

PUBLIC SPEAKING

Twenty-five hundred riot-crazed aborigines are storming the classroom. Calm them. You may use any ancient language except Latin, Hebrew, or Greek.

CIVIL ENGINEERING

This is a practical test of your design and building skills. With the boxes of toothpicks and glue present, build a platform that will support your weight when you and your platform are suspended over a vat of nitric acid.

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

The disassembled parts of a howitzer have been placed in a box on your desk. You will also find an instruction manual, printed in Swahili. In 10 minutes a hungry Bengal tiger will be admitted to the room. Take whatever action you feel is appropriate. Be prepared to justify your decision.

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

You will be placed in a nuclear reactor and given a partial copy of the electrical layout. The electrical system has been tampered with. You have seventeen minutes to find the problem and correct it before the reactor melts down.

BIOLOGY

Create life. Estimate the differences in subsequent human culture if this form of life had developed 500,000 years earlier, with special attention to the probable effect, if any, on the Philippine social spectrum circa 1640. Prove your thesis.

RELIGION

Perform a miracle. Creativity will be judged.

MUSIC

Write a full piano concerto. Orchestrate and perform it with a flute and drum. You will find a piano under your seat.

LOGIC

Take a position for or against truth. Prove the validity of your position.

CHEMISTRY

You must identify a poison sample which you will find at your lab table. All necessary equipment has been provided. There are two beakers at your desk, one of which holds the antidote. If the wrong substance is used, it causes instant death. You may begin as soon as the professor injects

you with a sample of the poison.

PSYCHOLOGY

Based on your knowledge of their early works, evaluate the emotional stability, degree of adjustment, and repressed frustrations of each of the following: Alexander of Aphrodisias, Ramses II, Gregory of Nicea, and Hammurabi. Support your evaluations with quotations from each man's work, making appropriate references. Translate all quotations in Tagalog.

SOCIOLOGY

Identify the sociological problems which might be associated with the end of the world. Construct an experiment to test your theory.

ECONOMICS

Describe in four hundred words or less what you would have done to prevent the Great Depression.

MATHEMATICS

You have 60 seconds to mentally solve the mathematical problem below. Begin.

8,256.091 + _________ = ________ x ________

• 3 weeks later...

world history -- we had to know everything and everyone from the renaissance to the cold war!!! i typed up 8 pages of 8-pt font notes (and i even adjusted the margins). and had to read like several hundred pages.

and we had to write two 5-paragraphs essays. we had 5 topics to pick from and i remember i picked the industrial revolution and the new imperialism of the late 19th century.

we had to finish the test in an hour and 30 minutes! it was pretty challenging. u just had to be there. when u stopped at one question, u could hear the seconds ticking. it was CRAZY!!! but since i LOVE history, i had a lot of fun. ;)

Sa college . ..

Sa Intro to Biology . . .

First Part - Write everything you have learned (Ngek!!)

Second Part - Write the names of the teenage mutant ninja turtles (nawindang ako dito!!) :lol:

Sa work . . .

Civil Sevice Exam (Professional) . . Yung seat mate ko ang tanda na (siguro mga 50-60 na yun). Nangongopya pa!! :lol: :lol:

As in garapalan pang mangopya . . . :lol: :lol:

my philosophy exam had this question only ---> WHY?

The answer? Why not?

I understand that such an exam was given in Ateneo many years ago. And that answer merited a 1 (or whatever is the highest mark in Ateneo). The story is that while everyone was thinking of what "Why?" meant, this student simply wrote down "Why not?" then gave his paper to the prof and walked out of the room.

Edited by jt2003
This is a practical test of your design and building skills. With the boxes of toothpicks and glue present, build a platform that will support your weight when you and your platform are suspended over a vat of nitric acid.

We actually had a subject in Mechanical Engineering on this. Every two weeks one project. Make a tower that can support xx weight. You can only use paper, string and glue - no metal parts. Tower weight must be less than 1 kg. Should support more than 10kg.

Another was to make a rubberband powered car that will travel 1m then turn 90 deg, move 1 meter then trun 90 deg again and so on. The car has to move in square pattern. Grade depends on number of sides of the square that the car will travel.

The answer? Why not?

I understand that such an exam was given in Ateneo many years ago.  And that answer merited a 1 (or whatever is the highest mark in Ateneo).  The story is that while everyone was thinking of what "Why?" meant, this student simply wrote down "Why not?" then gave his paper to the prof and walked out of the room.

Actually, there are two possible answers: why not? and because....though because doesn't seem to be a sentence. btw, I'm not from ateneo and I had this exam in 1998 I think.

Actually, there are two possible answers: why not? and because....though because doesn't seem to be a sentence. btw, I'm not from ateneo and I had this exam in 1998 I think.

I'm not from Ateneo either. I'm a Maroon. But I heard about this test from Ateneo high school graduates as far back as 1979 when I was a freshman at UP.

Edited by jt2003

I don’t know if this is true or not but one of my friends who took up biochemist said they had an examination describing the (ingredients) specifications of condom… In fact it is from her that I’ve learned that the first efforts at making condoms involved the use of woven fabrics. :huh: These were obviously not effective! And the earliest effective condoms were made of sheep gut or other animal membrane.

And the mass production of condoms started in mid-19th century, shortly after the invention of the rubber vulcanization process! :rolleyes:

Luckily, they did not considered the “vulcanization” process when using condom… :P

post-79543-1130061924.jpg

i can still remember one of our exams in physics its about free fall i was the highest in the class and i tied up with one guy from the star section. my teacher could not believe it, he said i cheated i was so upset that day they even gave me a new exam and still i got 4 mistakes only then naniwla na yung mga hayup na yon

aba exam ba...may exam ako sa electronics ko...katabi ko yung matalinong brod ko....

kung ano ang mali niya yun di ang mali ko....

kung ano ang bura niya, bura ko di...

kulang nalang kopyahin ko yun pangalan niya....

isang exam ko pa yung sa elemag ko...

eh set a, set b ang exam...

eh ang kodigo ko ay para sa set a... n

apa upo ako sa set b....

aba astig yata ito...set a parin ang ginawa ko.....

isang exam ko pa sa modern phyisics....

eh wala akong ka alam (boring talaga yung subject)...

iba ang pinag exam ko(dahil di naman kilala ng protor ang mga studiyante...yun nakalusot ako...