Personal Trainers

magandang gabi sa lahat. mayroon ba ritong may alam kung paano mag-aaply sa isang gym bilang isang fitnes trainer? (bagong graduate lang ako, ngunit public administration ang aking inaral. kailangan ko muna magtrabaho bago makapagpatuloy ng pag-aaral. pinag-eksperimentuhan ko ang mga katawan ng aking mga kamag-anak at kaibigan, at maganda naman ang mga nagawa naming mga resulta.) ano ba ang mga requirements?

at may nalalaman ba kayong mga fitness gym na di lalayo sa limang kilometro mula sa katipunan?

maraming salamat.

Try logging to ironpinoy.com or pinoymuscle.com because I'm sure they have a database of some gym's contact details in the Metro. Hope this helps. Just make a simple CV (resume) that will state your personal data specifically stating your educational attainment (since I'm assuming you don't have any job experiences yet). You might also want to consider securing your NBI clearance certificate first.

if you have a portfolio of the people you trained (before and after pics) bring that and show it to the gym you apply to.

This beats any certification.

Try logging to ironpinoy.com or pinoymuscle.com because I'm sure they have a database of some gym's contact details in the Metro. Hope this helps. Just make a simple CV (resume) that will state your personal data specifically stating your educational attainment (since I'm assuming you don't have any job experiences yet). You might also want to consider securing your NBI clearance certificate first.

maraming salamat, mga ser.

• 2 weeks later...
as for their quickie sessions 5400 pesos++ 12 times.. 30 minutes

and 12600++ 30 times... 30 minutes...

HAHAHAHAHAA.. these prices are a joke.. in my oppinion.. a really good personal trainer should be willing to train themselves out of a job..

as in .. teach the client the basics.. drum it into them.. teach them how to be independent. To make a long story short.. give them the tools and teach them how to use them

a good personal trainer should be able to teach you the basics in one training cycle.. typicaly this is 6-8 weeks.. and by them. more or less you can work on your own.

the only personal trainers worth hiring on a long term basis are those that have specialized skills in terms of client goals.. this would be fighters.. competetive atheletes.. etc etc..

but for the regular joe shmo or plain jane.. why the heck would you need your hand held throughout a workout? unless what you need is an "alalay" someone to get your water bottle.. change the pins on the machine, wipe your perspiration and put away your plates and dumbells when your too lazy to do it by yourself.

if a personal trainer wants to justify charging that much they should at least have a facility of their own.. parang garrage gym.. you dont need all those machines anyway. just the basic free weight equipment and alot of immagination and knowledge of how the human body works.

if there are any personal trainers out there.. ito idea lang.. pool some resources together.. open up a training center na 100% personal training lang.. small.. but capable of 100% attention to customer and 100% satisfaction

HAHAHAHAHAA.. these prices are a joke.. in my oppinion.. a really good personal trainer should be willing to train themselves out of a job..

as in .. teach the client the basics.. drum it into them.. teach them how to be independent. To make a long story short.. give them the tools and teach them how to use them

a good personal trainer should be able to teach you the basics in one training cycle.. typicaly this is 6-8 weeks.. and by them. more or less you can work on your own.

the only personal trainers worth hiring on a long term basis are those that have specialized skills in terms of client goals.. this would be fighters.. competetive atheletes.. etc etc..

but for the regular joe shmo or plain jane.. why the heck would you need your hand held throughout a workout? unless what you need is an "alalay" someone to get your water bottle.. change the pins on the machine, wipe your perspiration and put away your plates and dumbells when your too lazy to do it by yourself.

if a personal trainer wants to justify charging that much they should at least have a facility of their own.. parang garrage gym.. you dont need all those machines anyway. just the basic free weight equipment and alot of immagination and knowledge of how the human body works.

if there are any personal trainers out there.. ito idea lang.. pool some resources together.. open up a training center na 100% personal training lang.. small.. but capable of 100% attention to customer and 100% satisfaction

good point.

I actually opened a training class which isn't really 1on1 but it helps guys with minimal experienec get fine tuned with small details, and it also teaches them to be independent and think critically.

so far so good.

and I still don't believe that guys should be charging so much unless they have already proven their crediblity (having a certification doesn't count)

• 1 month later...

May mga persona trainers na manyak! I think the male personal trainers have miscontrued the lady client who pays for a personal trainer. Most matronas would feel flattered when they get cheap shots from their PT. The subconscious would suggest that if he is touching me inappropriately therefore I am now more attractive. I am now more attractive because I am getting sexier. Those PTs really get your psyche to their advantage.

However, such is not the case for non-matronas (30 years or younger). More often than not they feel violated as I have been witness to such.

May mga persona trainers na manyak! I think the male personal trainers have miscontrued the lady client who pays for a personal trainer. Most matronas would feel flattered when they get cheap shots from their PT. The subconscious would suggest that if he is touching me inappropriately therefore I am now more attractive. I am now more attractive because I am getting sexier. Those PTs really get your psyche to their advantage.

However, such is not the case for non-matronas (30 years or younger). More often than not they feel violated as I have been witness to such.

thats why one has to be a true professional

You wont even see a result even after 3 months kahit may PT ka pa. The thing is PT cannot transform you, you have to have the will and discipline to reach your desired goals...

Yeah i do agree with you Sir....i did it last year lost 40 lbs in 4 months...haaay ..too bad i stopped lang kaya i need to do double time kasi nag gain na uli ako...kaka depress...huhuhu!

good point.

I actually opened a training class which isn't really 1on1 but it helps guys with minimal experienec get fine tuned with small details, and it also teaches them to be independent and think critically.

so far so good.

and I still don't believe that guys should be charging so much unless they have already proven their crediblity (having a certification doesn't count)

Sir Olympus may i ask kung saan yung gym mo ? Anung training ang ino-offer mo and how much do you charge? Pls pm me for details po i would be glad to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
The rates for personal trainers in Fitness First are:

Single PT Session - 999

11 PT Sessions - 9000

30 PT Sessions - 21000

Magdala nalang kayo ng trainer with you to the gym para mas mura. :) pm nyo ko, may kakilala ako na dating trainer ng FF. :)

Naks ...paki bulong naman kung sino yung trainer ng FF baka kilala ko hehehe...o baka naman ikaw un :P elow po !

In Sarreal Boxing, every session will include a personal trainer. It's basically a one on one training. Complete from cardio, to weights (if you like) and total ab work out. Cardio shempre is boxing itslef, but what inspired me, is when you see the abs of the boxers, 6 packs and 8 packs, I am getting ready for summer hehe The session is unlimited, at the very least it would last for 1 1/2 hours and the best part is that, it's only 200 per session. I just give 100 to my trainer as a sign of appreciation. It's pretty cheap yet effective for a personal workout. Plus na lang that I really love the place. It's very homey.

In Sarreal Boxing, every session will include a personal trainer. It's basically a one on one training. Complete from cardio, to weights (if you like) and total ab work out. Cardio shempre is boxing itslef, but what inspired me, is when you see the abs of the boxers, 6 packs and 8 packs, I am getting ready for summer hehe The session is unlimited, at the very least it would last for 1 1/2 hours and the best part is that, it's only 200 per session. I just give 100 to my trainer as a sign of appreciation. It's pretty cheap yet effective for a personal workout. Plus na lang that I really love the place. It's very homey.

Hello curious lang...do they require that those who workout should enroll as members ? If yes how much would be the damage?? thanks in adcance

• 2 years later...

@ Werwolf:

PT its main function is to train an individual based on their goals. PT is not there to create a nutritional program since almost all PT are not nutritionist. PT can only recommend what is best but not to design the nutritional program. Its the same with Physical Therapist (PT) they cannot diagnosed what's wrong if injury happens. Its the Orthopedic Doctors are mainly who diagnose injuries. PTs are not Nutrionists. PTs are there to supervise your physical training and create an activity based on your wants and needs.

how do you guys choose a personal trainer? For me kailangan walk the talk.

I hate it that some PT will just make your body sore...dapat pati nutrition and diet alam nila and it will depend on your goals syempre

how do you guys choose a personal trainer? For me kailangan walk the talk.

I hate it that some PT will just make your body sore...dapat pati nutrition and diet alam nila and it will depend on your goals syempre

1. Based on their knowledge, track record, and if they have a client portfolio, even the better.

2. They are not nutritionists, but they do need to have a competent level of nutrition to advice to their clients not just "bili ka ng ganitong supplement"

trainers should be chosen based on track record, expertise AND what your goals are...

there is no 1 formula for getting the correct trainer for you.... pero shempre kelangan yung taong papakinggan mo...

as your needs increase, mag iiba rin yung needs mo from your trainer so you may shift or upgrade... it really all depends..

back in the day you would see 1 guy doing EVERYTHING for you... endurance, muscle, etc etc etc... sad thing is that this type of training is passe and you will usually end up injuring yourself or harming yourself long term... so talagang my trend ngayon na strength coach, skills coach, endurance coach, nuttitionist... iba nga may psych pa to get yourself self motivated... pero thats up there na...

one of the things that has worked for me so far was to talk to the clients themselves... find someone na katulad mo in terms of body type, attitude, etc... then find out sino trainer niya... if its working.. etc... then yun.

with regard to paying the trainer, the smart way of doing it is to really pay attention to what the trainer lets you do... and pay attention to the details, ask questions, etc... so that you UNDERSTAND why he makes you do the reps, etc... ASK QUESTIONS AND DEMAND ANSWERS... kung di ka niya sinasagot, change him.

trainers should be chosen based on track record, expertise AND what your goals are...

there is no 1 formula for getting the correct trainer for you.... pero shempre kelangan yung taong papakinggan mo...

as your needs increase, mag iiba rin yung needs mo from your trainer so you may shift or upgrade... it really all depends..

back in the day you would see 1 guy doing EVERYTHING for you... endurance, muscle, etc etc etc... sad thing is that this type of training is passe and you will usually end up injuring yourself or harming yourself long term... so talagang my trend ngayon na strength coach, skills coach, endurance coach, nuttitionist... iba nga may psych pa to get yourself self motivated... pero thats up there na...

one of the things that has worked for me so far was to talk to the clients themselves... find someone na katulad mo in terms of body type, attitude, etc... then find out sino trainer niya... if its working.. etc... then yun.

with regard to paying the trainer, the smart way of doing it is to really pay attention to what the trainer lets you do... and pay attention to the details, ask questions, etc... so that you UNDERSTAND why he makes you do the reps, etc... ASK QUESTIONS AND DEMAND ANSWERS... kung di ka niya sinasagot, change him.

The last paragraph is golden.

That's why I always tell my clients to ask questions... If I don't explain to them why they do such things and just "spot" them or count the reps, don't deliver the results, I'm just taking away their hard-earned money

Guest Serenity12

I have a personal trainer and yes, it is expensive. However, I am someone who won't work out unless someone pushes me to do so . I need someone who will make a program for me because if left on my own, I would probably cut my cardio time to 10 minutes maximum and hit the showers after. I need someone who will motivate me to give 110% percent when I would normally just work out at 50% of my capacity.

So it might be expensive to continue having a personal trainer but I'd say it's money well spent , especially when you get a good one.

Edited by Wyld
  • 1 month later...

@ Werwolf:

PT its main function is to train an individual based on their goals. PT is not there to create a nutritional program since almost all PT are not nutritionist. PT can only recommend what is best but not to design the nutritional program. Its the same with Physical Therapist (PT) they cannot diagnosed what's wrong if injury happens. Its the Orthopedic Doctors are mainly who diagnose injuries. PTs are not Nutrionists. PTs are there to supervise your physical training and create an activity based on your wants and needs.

which is true, most PT's are there to teach you a new program, inspire you, keep you entertained to a certain extent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have a personal trainer and yes, it is expensive. However, I am someone who won't work out unless someone pushes me to do so . I need someone who will make a program for me because if left on my own, I would probably cut my cardio time to 10 minutes maximum and hit the showers after. I need someone who will motivate me to give 110% percent when I would normally just work out at 50% of my capacity.

So it might be expensive to continue having a personal trainer but I'd say it's money well spent , especially when you get a good one.

where are u from maam n what gg branch do u work out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@ Werwolf:

i agree,PT will just make routines that is applicable on their clients concern.and give some advice regarding diet.