Water Services

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Pipes leaks nila hindi inaayos....

Eto ang matindi, may kaibigan ako sa no.10 Sta.Rosa De lima Street, Bgy. Santa Rosa De Lima Bagong Ilog,Pasig na nagreklamo sa ManilaWater(edsa crossing) Na umabot ng 75cu.meter ang consumo nila, eh umalis na sila sa Apartment na tinitiran nila a month ago. Sabi ng tiga ManilaWater, Tama daw ang Reading nila ng tubig, sabi ng friend ko- "hindi po ako magrereklamo sa inyo kung kinunsumo po namin yan, eh magbabayad po ako ng P1,600 eh hindi ko po lubos maisip na matagal na kaming umalis sa Apartment!" Sabi ng tiga ManilaWater, eh baka po may gumamit sa loob ng apartment ninyo, sabi ng kaibigan ko- "kaya nga puntahan nyo yung loob ng apartment namen at sasamahan ko pa kayo para ma-inspection ninyo." Nung dumating yung mga magbibisita, eh ayaw naman tingnan, maraming dahilan. Take Note: Pangalawang pagkakataon na ito sa kanila nangyare, yung una, mga year1995, P10,000 pesos ang halaga na dapat nila bayaran, at kung hindi daw, puputulin nila yung tubig. Kaya yung kawawang friend ko, kahit utay-utay, binayaran nila yung maling READING na naman ng taga ManilaWater. Useless ang mga reklamo ng mga tao kundi aaksiyunan ang mga ito at hindi magiging efficient ang servicio ng kanilang tanggapan.

• 2 weeks later...

sir may tanong ako with regards to Maynilad.. last reading kasi the agent noticed that the previous & present reading did not change..meaning "stock-up" na daw yung metro namin sa kalumaan..so I asked anong action gagawin ng maynilad with regards to the next bill and succeeding computations thereafter..sabi ng agent naka-input na raw dun sa handheld nila yung problem sa metro and ang gagawin ay papalitan yung metro..as for the immediate billing ang kukunin daw yung average nung mga past bills.. our monthly consumption kasi naglalaro between 7 and 9 cubic meter for the past 8 months so we assumed na baka in between 7-9..after a day or two dumating yung bill..true enough nakaindicate sa past reading yung dating nabasa sa metro, sa present reading naman nakalagay AVE. (for average)..pero pagdating sa computed consumption ang nakalagay 10 cubic meter (when we are expecting na mga 8 or 9 lang dapat).. ang trobol pa dumating yung bill 3 weeks ago, malapit nang mag-reading uli pero yung metro namin di pa napapalitan, at for this month for two weeks dadalawa lang ang nakatira sa bahay (as opposed nung time na 7-9 cubic meter ang consumption, pito and occupant pa nun)..baka medenggoy na naman kami sa "averaging"-kuno nila..ano maganda gawin?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I live in Quezon City. I received my water bill from Manila Water and was horrified to find out that my bill increased 700% even though our consumption has not increased!!! I am not aware of any water leakages in our pipes too. Anyone who has the same experience?

ganun talaga yata bro to make up for the loss of the company, amft....

sa amin, ni isang patak wala kaming natanggap pero we still have a bill na P420.....t#ang%na, wala kaming nakunsumo, P420??????

• 1 month later...

Maynilad kami. Naknamp*ta, wild fluctuations ang amounts ng monthly bills! May P500+, tapus biglang P700+, tapus minsan P1,200+, tapus biglang P500+ ulit. Eh apat na tao lang kami sa bahay, gaano ba kalaking variance ang puwedeng mangyari sa water consumption, lalo't wala kaming mga bisitang nago-overnight? Useless din mag-complain, che-check nila yung meter mo, kapag walang tagas or defect ang meter mo, that's it, you gotta just suck it up and shut up. Frickin' lousy crap.

• 4 weeks later...

I was impressed with Manila Water for fixing our leaking pipe here at BLPC, QC. I called them up today at 5:30PM (office after-hours) to report that no water was coming out of the faucet. They told me that they will send someone within 24 hours. Unexpecting, I went out to eat my dinner at a mall nearby then somebody called me (with 2 missed calls). It was the crew who will check my pipes. They have been waiting for me for an hour already and they have left the house. I told them that I can go back home immediately and asked if they can come back because I won't be home tomorrow until the evening again. When I got back home, they were there waiting outside my unit. They waited for me for one and a half hour. After they fixed the problem, I offered them some tip but they refused. So I just thanked them. Now that's a good service! ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dec. 2010 pa last rant dito ah, guess the room has been inactive for quite a time.

Some tips for anyone out there :

• After the meter pipes do have a natural lifespan depending on the quality of the material and workmanship (depende kung saan mo lang napulot tubero mo). However, with the Filipino mentality that it it still works and is not broke then you let it be then it is bound to deteriorate and underground leaks are bound to happen that goes into your meter and are understandably not consumed by you but you are bound to pay. For in the first place, its maintenance are supposed to be ones responsibility or if you are a tenant then of your land owner. It's usually around 5-8 years if am not mistaken. Just like in a car, laws abroad are very strict on the 5-year phase-out but here in our country maski century old na ay tumatakbo pa din so you basically have to live with its consequence that is the high maintenance cost and the pollution that it gives to our environment. To put it simply, we don't have preventive maintenance in our vocabulary and yet we rant like our life depends on it when all hell breaks loose.
  • It is ideal to use PVC pipes and expose them as opposed to having them embedded in your walls which would make them more difficult to trace. For galvanized iron (GI) users, do take note that it does corrode and thru time rust accumulates and makes the hole smaller that makes the pressure lower depending on its size and number of users.
  • The flush in our toilet are usually the main culprit for underground leaks (UGL). And they're the easiest to spot since your meter would continuously run albeit slowly (depending on the veracity of the leak) even though all your faucets are closed. You just close the valve of your flush and if the meter stops running then voila! you got your culprit.
  • If you don't get to hire a plumber immediately and you've notice that you have an after the meter leak, close the valve in your meter so that it won't continue to be wasted during the wee hours where the pressure is usually at its highest with the absence of the peak users.
  • Do take note also that the longer you repair your after the meter pipes, the worse it usually deteriorates. It may not be as bad now (your water bill that is) but it sure would be the next succeeding months.
  • To check if you are using the right meter that is registered on your bill (it has to contain your meter information that is its size, brand and meter number), you simply close the valve and observe if you don't have water flowing in your faucet. If you still do, either the valve at the meter is defective or your paying the water bill that is not the one you are consuming. This usually happens to multiple accounts with the same account name when the service provider (contractor) are too lazy to verify the users and if the contact information they've given are accurate which will reflect on your bill. This usually happens when your meter get's replaced.

Hope this helps cool.gif

• 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Maynilad wter service sucks!! Either wlng tubig or low pressure.... They continue to expand at d expense of there current whom they cannot service with enough water and d right pressure so one can at least take a shower. Where else in d world can u find a water utility provider like this?? Mabuti nalng hindi ganito kasama ang meralco....pareho lng ang may ari di ba?? ... We paying customers deserve reliable service from Maynilad....

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...