Fishing Anyone?

tocilog

pre what do you use for bait in manila bay? what kind of fish(es) have you caught?

i've tried fishing and kakaiba nga kung makahuli ka ng fish. pero hangang fish pens or places na they breed fish talaga para hulihin ng customers.

KANDULI, ASOHOS, APAHAP...pa lang ang nahuhuli ko don...di pa ko nakatiempo ng iba...

i always use small shrimps...worms kung meron...may nagtitinda ng worms sa baywalk...magtanongtanong kalang doon...

FISHING AREAS around MANILA:

-SM MALL OF ASIA (macapagal avenue) weekdays (5-8am) weekends (wholeday)

-Baywalk (up to sawa)

-Luneta Grandstand (up to sawa)

Kung may alam pa kayo na Fishing Area na malapitlapit...please share :D

Boat?...minsan may nagoffer sakin sa may manila bay...pero madalas along the coast lang...

So you just come with your fishing pole. How about your catch from the Manila Bay, are they edible? :huh: So you carry a cooler with you to keep the catch is that it? I thought kanduli is a fresh water fish.

I want to try out sa Manila Bay, maybe its better dun sa side ng SM Macapagal 'no? But where do you park your vehicle? Is it a long walk to the breakwater? :huh: How long do you usually wait to get a catch?

:mtc:

So you just come with your fishing pole. How about your catch from the Manila Bay, are they edible?  :huh:  So you carry a cooler with you to keep the catch is that it? I thought kanduli is a fresh water fish.

I want to try out sa Manila Bay, maybe its better dun sa side ng SM Macapagal 'no? But where do you park your vehicle? Is it a long walk to the breakwater?  :huh:  How long do you usually wait to get a catch?

yep!just bring your fishing rod, some bait (worms or small shrimps), a small cooler to keep 'em fresh...

Fish i caught there were edible and surprisingly tasty =)

Sea catfish pala yung kanduli...i got surprised too...i even searched the web for additional info...hehe

Well, u need to be patient to catch one...keep an eye on your line and see if somethings taking your bait...enjoy as well the scenery and the cool breeze...

Sa SM Mall of Asia, they got free parking lot...about 5 meters from the breakwater...weekdays (til 8am lang) weekends(up to sawa)

Sa Luneta Grandstand they charge 20bucks for the parking...malapit lang din sa water...any day(up to sawa)

Sa Baywalk...you park near Max's or Aristocrat(20bucks yata parking fee)...then go across Roxas Blvd...then you're ready to cast! any day (up to sawa)

Happy fishing!

Fishing is awesome fun - especially sport fishing.

Do a lot of it in Australia - bottom fish for lapu lapu (coral trout), nanagai, sweetlip, spangled emperor, coral cod etc - all of which are fish found in Filipino waters too.

Troll for Mackeral, Mahi Mahi (dolphin fish), Giant Trevally, small marlin and sail fish

One of my favourite ways to spend a day!

does your line ever get stuck in the rocks ? what do you do when that happens?

if my line got stuck in the rocks, i usually reeled in the line,pull it hard and then release the line back.

keep doing it until the line untangled in the rocks. If not , just pull your line as hard as you can till it breaks.

Edited by vergaman

Begginer lang :blush: one thing that may attract me to fishing is the gear. Any suggestions for fishing equipment? I went to Hans Mega Mall this weekend, pero yung mga ladies na naiwan dun don't seem to know much about fishing gear... :(

Start low budget muna, will see if I'll enjoy it...

Begginer lang  :blush:  one thing that may attract me to fishing is the gear. Any suggestions for fishing equipment? I went to Hans Mega Mall this weekend, pero yung mga ladies na naiwan dun don't seem to know much about fishing gear...  :(

For a beginner huwag ka muna bumili ng fishing gear, try mo muna ang mga fishpen or resort na my fishing. May rental gear naman dito which mostly kawayan with fishing line. Try mo muna if you will enjoy it.

hilig ko rin ang fishing but i am more on offshore fishing. Locally, i go to gensan......saranggani  for tuna fishing. here's a picture of my 110# yellowfin tuna caught during my fishing trip off  mexican waters.

sir, kakaingit ka naman! gusto ko ring makahuli ng ganyan kalaki minsan...i tried once sa may calatagan, nakahuli ako ng tulingan (3 kilos)...masaya ung experience...kaka-addict!

wish i could go far south kasi mas malalaki daw ang isda dun...kaso wala pa sa budget...hehe...kaya ditodito muna sa manila...cavite...batangas...

happy fishing!

gusto ko rin subukan ito... may nagsabi sa akin sa may valenzuelka/bulacan area daw merong fishing spot na pinupuntahan ng mga weekend fishermen. meron kaya dito may alam tungkol dito?

im not so familiar sa valenzuela/bulacan area...pero sa cavite city may pinupuntahan kami (45 minute trip from manila)...break water din kaya madali lang puntahan...or try mo rin sa manila bay, marami ka kang makakasabay dun...

try mo magfishing...masaya lalo na pag may kumagat na sa bait/pain...exciting! malas lang pagnakatakas ung isda! hehe!

happy fishing!

Begginer lang  :blush:  one thing that may attract me to fishing is the gear. Any suggestions for fishing equipment? I went to Hans Mega Mall this weekend, pero yung mga ladies na naiwan dun don't seem to know much about fishing gear...  :(

sa toby's may murang fishing rod&reel (set) shakespeare...i saw it 2 days ago sa makati...ok na pangsimula...around P800...meron din P1200 (set din)...

sa hahn megamall may nakita ako dati around P900...forgot the brand...

meron din sa divisoria...along juan luna st...baybayin mo lang yun starting from binondo church...

or checkout www.isda-net.com...scan the forum for fishing gear shops.

happy fishing!

Yung store sa Shopwise Libis, they offer package fishing tours. Complete for one whole day, includes use of gear, baits, boat, meals... Any of you guys ever tried tours like this?

Locations are Laguna, Cavite, Pampanga. Maybe this is something to look into and bring the kids this coming summer.

Yung store sa Shopwise Libis, they offer package fishing tours. Complete for one whole day, includes use of gear, baits, boat, meals... Any of you guys ever tried tours like this?

Locations are Laguna, Cavite, Pampanga. Maybe this is something to look into and bring the kids this coming summer.

Magkano po per person yung mga packages? Mukang interesting ah... :cool:

I lost the brochure e, but it will range from 4K to 20K. Depende sa gusto mo, kse may pang-family, pang-tropa, and may pang-date din if you want for Valentine's (ayos!!!) kung makakahabol pa.

I think pwede i-costumize yung tour. They can actually pick you up from your residence, then hatid din after, wala ka nang gagawin, just bring yourself.

Pero ako magpa-prctice muna siguro para mas ma-enjoy yung tour. But the guy from the store said even if you're a first timer ma-enjoy mo. Someone will assist you while fishing, may magtuturo.

sa toby's may murang fishing rod&reel (set) shakespeare...i saw it 2 days ago sa makati...ok na pangsimula...around P800...meron din P1200 (set din)...

sa hahn megamall may nakita ako dati around P900...forgot the brand...

meron din sa divisoria...along juan luna st...baybayin mo lang yun starting from binondo church...

or checkout www.isda-net.com...scan the forum for fishing gear shops.

happy fishing!

Thanks Dre, the way I understand it, hindi kailangan masyadong mapili sa rod. You can use anything you're comfortable with. Brand is not an issue?

Dun sa Shopwise Libis, Fishing and Hobby Shop kse yun, mostly China made yung mga tinda. Price range is 1200 to 1700 for the beginner daw. Matitibay na raw yun. But its not like yung mga nakikita ko na binebenta na parang telescoping yung mga rod.