Post Your Linux Questions Here

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

@BreakAndInsert6977

for desktop linux users, I would recommend using UBUNTU.

Pag medyo advance user na, mostly Redhat or SuSe (Fedora and OpenSuSe pag free naman)

@ cruesome

itong HA pala ung setup namin to mga application servers namin as well as mga services. maganda palang mapag aralan ito.

Parehas lang po ba sir ung HA at ung sa UltraMonkey link ?

it's been a while since my last visit on this thread :)

Hi! bro, mukhang me alam kna sa linux. bro pwede kba maging speaker. kung sakaling mka buo ng isang seminar about linux

i'm not good with speeches but i guess i'm a good teacher :)

@ cruesome

itong HA pala ung setup namin to mga application servers namin as well as mga services. maganda palang mapag aralan ito.

Parehas lang po ba sir ung HA at ung sa UltraMonkey link ?

it's pretty much the same.

snippets from the HA project:

What Linux-HA can do now

Heartbeat currently supports a very sophisticated dependency model for n-node clusters. It is both extremely useful and quite stable at this point in time. The following types of applications are typical:

• Database servers
  • ERP applications
  • Web servers
  • LVS director (load balancer) servers
  • Mail servers
  • Firewalls
  • File servers
  • DNS servers
  • DHCP servers
  • Proxy Caching servers
  • Custom applications
  • etc.

Edited by cruesome
  • 3 weeks later...

Good day sirs, i recently bought an Acer Aspire Laptop 4715Z (with 80gig HD)with a preinstalled Linpus Linux. i wanted to remove the Linux OS and install winXP. however, when i insert a winXP cd, it cannot detect the entire drive, only a drive with 38gig. i assumed that the other 40 gig was partitioned, so i tried FDISK from a win98 setup disk, but it cannot totally remove the partition.

Is there a way for me to delete the linux drive as a whole?

How do I go about with installing WinXP. I also tried Win Vista, still to no avail...

Badly needing your help masters... thanks

Good day sirs, i recently bought an Acer Aspire Laptop 4715Z (with 80gig HD)with a preinstalled Linpus Linux. i wanted to remove the Linux OS and install winXP. however, when i insert a winXP cd, it cannot detect the entire drive, only a drive with 38gig. i assumed that the other 40 gig was partitioned, so i tried FDISK from a win98 setup disk, but it cannot totally remove the partition.

Is there a way for me to delete the linux drive as a whole?

How do I go about with installing WinXP. I also tried Win Vista, still to no avail...

Badly needing your help masters... thanks

Download the linux livecd called partedmagic, just around 40mb: http://partedmagic.com/wiki/PartedMagic.php

if you need to remove linux from a hard drive, and have attempted to do this with the default DOS fdisk , you are having the "Partitions exists but they don't exit" problem. The best way to remove non-DOS partitions is with a tool that understands partitions other than DOS.

You can do this with the installation floppy by doing the following. Start the installation, select install (versus ugrade) and when it comes to partitioning the drive, choose fdisk . In fdisk type p to print out the partition numbers and remove the Linux partitions with the d command. If satisfied with the changes you have made, you can quit with a q and the changes will be saved to disk. If you deleted too much, type q and no changes will occur.

Once you have removed the Linux partitions, you can reboot the box with Control-Alt-Delete instead of continuing with the install.

Edited by james_bandido
it's been a while since my last visit on this thread :)

i'm not good with speeches but i guess i'm a good teacher :)

it's pretty much the same.

snippets from the HA project:

What Linux-HA can do now

Heartbeat currently supports a very sophisticated dependency model for n-node clusters. It is both extremely useful and quite stable at this point in time. The following types of applications are typical:

• Database servers
  • ERP applications
  • Web servers
  • LVS director (load balancer) servers
  • Mail servers
  • Firewalls
  • File servers
  • DNS servers
  • DHCP servers
  • Proxy Caching servers
  • Custom applications
  • etc.

bossing di ba yang heartbeat na yan laging kadikit yung DRDB.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dunno if the following question still belongs to this thread, but i'll ask anyway... does anyone know where i can study linux systems administration and/or linux network administration? i tried inquiring from meralco institute inc (MFI) but wala pa silang sched. i also tried blue point foundation pero wala rin silang sched for total linux. total linux reload lang, which is an update course to total linux.

i'd really appreciate all the help. thanks in advance! :thumbsupsmiley:

to be honest i dont know of any school that teaches formal linux. but as a start, if you want to learn. internet is the best place. there are lots of pure linux forums out there which are quite helpful. And of course you need to have a linux machine to apply what you learn. you can get any linux free version on the web.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sumasakit na ang ulo ko... hindi ko maintindihan ang pinaguusapan...

pero gusto ko lang naman humingi ng tulong for an 8 gig netbook with linux as OS. Im pretty satisfied with Linux, yun lang i cant use my sun broadband plug in kit to be online anywhere. (for the broadband requirement is Windows) and i also wanted to maximize yung memory nya.

Any suggestions with a simple and not-so-computer-techie like me?

Thanks in Advance!

pero gusto ko lang naman humingi ng tulong for an 8 gig netbook with linux as OS. Im pretty satisfied with Linux, yun lang i cant use my sun broadband plug in kit to be online anywhere. (for the broadband requirement is Windows) and i also wanted to maximize yung memory nya.

Thanks in Advance!

uhmm.. reformat ang kelangan nyan kasi hindi compatible ang sun broadband sa linux..install mo na lang ng windows para magamit mo ang broadband mo.. :goatee:

Thanks in Advance!

Question:

Yung Linux OS ba yung kasama na sa netbook (default install/slimmed down)?

or

Regular linux flavor?

on a sidenote, me thinks meron na linux driver para Smartbro(ken) plugin, pero not sure though.

this is just for starters...

CHEERS!!!

uhmm.. reformat ang kelangan nyan kasi hindi compatible ang sun broadband sa linux..install mo na lang ng windows para magamit mo ang broadband mo.. :goatee:

I used the xp pero it eatens up the memory and make the netbook work so sloooow.

Question:

Yung Linux OS ba yung kasama na sa netbook (default install/slimmed down)?

or

Regular linux flavor?

on a sidenote, me thinks meron na linux driver para Smartbro(ken) plugin, pero not sure though.

this is just for starters...

CHEERS!!!

Yes, its the Linux Lite, though I AM REALLY NOT FAMILIAR WITH LINUX.

I am happy with Linux and gusto kong i install yung ibang pc ko ng linux na lang here para naman mas mabilis at hindi pasukin sa virus, in my observation as an easy and non techie user. :)

Sana, i can make the sun broadband plug-in work in Linux. :)

I used the xp pero it eatens up the memory and make the netbook work so sloooow.

Have you tried TinyXP?

Yes, its the Linux Lite, though I AM REALLY NOT FAMILIAR WITH LINUX.

I am happy with Linux and gusto kong i install yung ibang pc ko ng linux na lang here para naman mas mabilis at hindi pasukin sa virus, in my observation as an easy and non techie user. :)

Sana, i can make the sun broadband plug-in work in Linux. :)

para sa mga low-powered PC, check this thread http://manilatonight.com/index.php?showtop...288&st=1440

na check mo ba yung model number ng broadband? Huawei ba?

pwede kitang tulungan sa installation, just PM.

Edited by riv123
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...