Best Wifi Router

• 4 weeks later...
mga mtc gurus whats the difference of G and N series? How come masmahal ang N series? Mas high tech po ba ito? 15 to 20 meters away ang house ko from my other house which i plan to wifi and 3 walls in total ang pagitan, what do you think is best for me?

Do i also need to buy the booster or receiver po? thanks!

Hi dude ! the main difference will be the speed on wireless connection. B is 11 mbps, G is 54 mbps while N claims to be 300 mbps. Yes , definitely mas high tech ang N , you will notice na most N routers has 3 antennas , unlike G or B na pwedeng humina ang signal when passing through walls , yung N signal is bouncing until it reaches the receiver. Please remember na para ma-take advantage ang wireless N , the card should also use the same technology , meaning it should also be an N card.

Linkys wireless N routers are backward compatible with G and B , maybe same with other brands.

You might need a booster (or you might be pertaining to an expander) if you're using G to improve the signal. You may relocate your AP first to check kung magiging okey ang signal or you could also change the channel first (under wireless tab) before considering to purchase.

P.S. Di po ako nagbebenta ng wireless router or ano pa mang gadget. Simpleng forum users lang po tayo. Goodluck !

Good day to all mtc tech guru ano po best wifi router? my Personal Computer is stationed in another house from my laptop kaya house to house and pagitan ano best? im looking at

LINKSYS WRT54G WIRELESS and LINKSYS WRT300N WIRELESS a/b/g/N Router

pero sa ibang sites ang dami nagbebenta ng LINKSYS WRT54G WIRELESS, aren't they contented with this model? purely hype lang ba?

a friend of mine suggested to get directly from PLDT DSL para compatible talaga... hope some of you can have time to give advice wanna be online often using my laptop

isp ko nga pala po PLDT DSL thanks for dropping by :thumbsupsmiley:

D-Link

NetGear... yun na talaga ang pinaka matatag..

we hardly turn off the units in our office because

we do 24/7 activity in our office and these guys

are never turned off. Its amazing how well built they

are and the management finds their signals very stable

Try ninyo dalawa po but observe lang namin we were

able to get signals over 200 to 300 meters out of

their regular standard reach sa Net Gear....

D-Link

NetGear... yun na talaga ang pinaka matatag..

we hardly turn off the units in our office because

we do 24/7 activity in our office and these guys

are never turned off. Its amazing how well built they

are and the management finds their signals very stable

Try ninyo dalawa po but observe lang namin we were

able to get signals over 200 to 300 meters out of

their regular standard reach sa Net Gear....

:thumbsupsmiley: Thanks for this INFO... :thumbsupsmiley:

:mtc: Mabuhay

LinkSys WRH54G user here. currently loving this router for a nice strong signal all around my pad.

but it took me 6 hours to configure its DHCP. (yup, even though its supposed to be AUTO-config).

PLDT myDSL ISP.

bought this for P1,900 at Speed (SM Baguio), Octagon is selling this for P2,800! WTF?!

• 3 weeks later...

Since I am an all Macintosh household, I use one Airport Time Capsule Wifi N router with an Airport Extreme N and Apple Express base station with WDS enabled to expand and distribute the wifi throughout the house. The system is fast enough to support 24/7 bit torrent downloads, transport streamed music and video files and even allow an Apple TV connected to a plasma screen to work without any hitches. Not as cheap as the wifi G routers from CD-R King but the whole thing is so easy to maintain with all Macs around.

Guest Leviticus
can someone post a tplink wifi router review? am planning to buy one

I use tplink in all of my connections. So far I've got the wifi extend range, tplink router, and tplink load balancer. I've also got a linksys wifi router. mamaya ko na lang post mga model. I'm at home kasi and the model numbers are at the office.

easy to setup and connect ang mga tplink. also, masmalayo ang range neto compared to the linksys router I have.

the load balancer.. wow! i use it for my voip phones para parang redundant ang internet. I've got the 2wan-3lan load balancer. yesterday I tried setting it up as an ftp and webserver. good enough for me! medyo basa-basa lang sa manual on how to designate the static IP for ftp server and the other IP for the ftp server.. in a single router. baka magtaka kayo why it's a bit complicated.. because I connected two DSL modems into a single router.

Edited by Leviticus
Guest Leviticus

just an update on this. versus the TPlink extend range wifi router Wr542g and the linksys wrt54g2..

yesterday I went to the office to check on the routers. may nakatambak na 3 routers sa office: 1 wifi and 2 dsl router.

now I remember why I switched to tplink.. all 3 routers na nakatambak sa office are all bricked linksys routers. I browsed the net on how to unbrick it and according to my readings all I need is a firmware upgrade/flash. problem is the routers I have do not have their version upgrades available so useless pa rin.

nubayan.. sa nagtatanong kung reliable ang tplink, go for it. matibay eto. I also have an asus router which has not given up on me yet, still going strong.

It's not that I'm a linksys hater, its just that nagkataon lang na yung mga linksys routers ko ay sira na while ang mga natira ay mga tplink routers, an an asus router. oh, and did I mention I'm thoroughly enjoying the load balancer? connection has been stable ever since!

Hi masters, I just need some help with information on routers. Im not a techie. Just a few weeks ago I bought my first router because I wanted to use my laptop in my room, and also I moved my desktop pc in my room also. I bought linksys/cisco products: one antenna-less router of "G" class, i think its the wrt g something. and one usb wifi adapter for my desktop, because my desktop doesnt have a wifi card. OK first mistake: I didnt know that there was s newer technology around, the "N" class. Its supposed to be faster. SO I bought the "G" class wc is the older technology. The "G" class only handles 54Mbps, versus the "N" class' 100 plus. OK. Setup was very easy, I had it running in less than 30 minutes, and I was able to use my laptop with net connection quickly. I got PLDT MYDSL, the cheapest package at P999 offering average net speed of up to 318mbps (or thereabout).

So I tried to download stuff...I saw the download speed to be at 26kbps...this is vey slow compared against my former download speeds of 65 or 40kbps when I was using the wires. Is this normnal? Does a wifi router lessen the download speed? The wifi router is in the living room, and im in my room, its a condo so its not farther than 35 feet. Concrete walls. The network connectivity reports Speed: 54MBPS, Connection: Excellent. But the download speed is bad. How come?

OK next question. Just this week I found out that in our building, there are several people who use wifi too, and these wireless networks appear on my wireless network list. OK. Now Im experiencing getting "kicked out" of my connection! Like Im using the net, then suddenly I lose my connection. SO I try to "repair"..sometimes i get my connection back again, and sometimes I dont. Those times that I dont get back my connection, I do a restart. Then a windows message appears: "There are other users logged on to this computer. Are you sure you want to turn off?/Restart?" Whats happening here?

Windows also says i dont have a firewall. But I do have an antivirus: AVG. Is having a firewall important?

Thanks and pacencya na sa very long post. :-) Hope some help is on the way :-)

Edited by Hex_Arenas
Guest Leviticus
Hi masters, I just need some help with information on routers. Im not a techie. Just a few weeks ago I bought my first router because I wanted to use my laptop in my room, and also I moved my desktop pc in my room also. I bought linksys/cisco products: one antenna-less router of "G" class, i think its the wrt g something. and one usb wifi adapter for my desktop, because my desktop doesnt have a wifi card. OK first mistake: I didnt know that there was s newer technology around, the "N" class. Its supposed to be faster. SO I bought the "G" class wc is the older technology. The "G" class only handles 54Mbps, versus the "N" class' 100 plus. OK. Setup was very easy, I had it running in less than 30 minutes, and I was able to use my laptop with net connection quickly. I got PLDT MYDSL, the cheapest package at P999 offering average net speed of up to 318mbps (or thereabout).

So I tried to download stuff...I saw the download speed to be at 26kbps...this is vey slow compared against my former download speeds of 65 or 40kbps when I was using the wires. Is this normnal? Does a wifi router lessen the download speed? The wifi router is in the living room, and im in my room, its a condo so its not farther than 35 feet. Concrete walls. The network connectivity reports Speed: 54MBPS, Connection: Excellent. But the download speed is bad. How come?

OK next question. Just this week I found out that in our building, there are several people who use wifi too, and these wireless networks appear on my wireless network list. OK. Now Im experiencing getting "kicked out" of my connection! Like Im using the net, then suddenly I lose my connection. SO I try to "repair"..sometimes i get my connection back again, and sometimes I dont. Those times that I dont get back my connection, I do a restart. Then a windows message appears: "There are other users logged on to this computer. Are you sure you want to turn off?/Restart?" Whats happening here?

Windows also says i dont have a firewall. But I do have an antivirus: AVG. Is having a firewall important?

Thanks and pacencya na sa very long post. :-) Hope some help is on the way :-)

sounds to me like you connected to the wrong wifi router. have you placed a password and/or ID'ed your router properly?

bought a tp-link wireless router months ago but only found the need to set it up yesterday. i want to set-up it's password which i'm guessing is through the ip address of a website supplied, but all the technical info has gotten me confused.

tp-link users: help pls.?

Edited by kanski
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...