25 replies to this topic

#1 Larry

Larry

oderint dum metuant

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Ray Kurzweil is a fantastic person. One of the futurists that I admire for his ideas, now not all of his ideas I personally subscribe to, I'm more of a fan of how he thinks, but check this out.

---------

We'll be uploading our entire MINDS to computers by 2045 and our bodies will be replaced by machines within 90 years, Google expert claims

Ray Kurzweil, director of engineering at Google, believes we will be able to upload our entire brains to computers within the next 32 years - an event known as singularity
Our 'fragile' human body parts will be replaced by machines by the turn of the century
And if these predictions comes true, it could make humans immortal

In just over 30 years, humans will be able to upload their entire minds to computers and become digitally immortal - an event called singularity - according to a futurist from Google.

Ray Kurzweil, director of engineering at Google, also claims that the biological parts of our body will be replaced with mechanical parts and this could happen as early as 2100.

Kurweil made the claims during his conference speech at the Global Futures 2045 International Congress in New York at the weekend.

The conference was created by Russian multimillionaire Dmitry Itskov and featured visonary talks about how the world will look by 2045.

Kurzweil said: 'Based on conservative estimates of the amount of computation you need to functionally simulate a human brain, we'll be able to expand the scope of our intelligence a billion-fold.'

He referred to Moore's Law that states the power of computing doubles, on average, every two years quoting the developments from genetic sequencing and 3D printing.

In Kurweil's book, The Singularity Is Near, he plots this development and journey towards singularity in a graph.

This singularity is also referred to as digital immortality because brains and a person's intelligence will be digitally stored forever, even after they die.

He also added that this will be possible through neural engineering and referenced the recent strides made towards modeling the brain and technologies which can replace biological functions.

Examples of such technology given by LiveScience include the cochlear implant - an implant that is attached to the brain's cochlear nerve and electronically stimulates it to restore hearing to someone who is deaf.

Other examples include technology that can restore motor skills after the nervous system is damaged.

Earlier this year, doctors from Cornell University used 3D printing to create a prosthetic ear using cells of cartilage.

A solid plastic mould was printed and then filled with high-density collagen gel.The researchers then added cartilage cells into the collagen matrix.

Kurweil was invited to the conference because he has previously written books around the idea of singularity.

Expanding on this idea Martine Rothblatt, CEO of biotech company United Therapeutics introduced the idea of 'mindclones'.

These are digital versions of humans that can live forever and can create 'mindfiles' that are a place to store aspects of our personalities.

She said it would run on a kind of software for consciousness and told The Huffington Post: 'The first company that develops mindware will have [as much success as] a thousand Googles.'

Rothblatt added that the presence of mindware could lead to replacing other parts of the body with 'non-biological' parts.

Posted Image

This is a concept that Kurweil also discussed and was the basis of his book Fantastic Voyage.

In this book he discusses immortality and how he believes the human body will develop.

He said: 'We're going to become increasingly non-biological to the point where the non-biological part dominates and the biological part is not important any more.

'In fact the non-biological part - the machine part - will be so powerful it can completely model and understand the biological part. So even if that biological part went away it wouldn't make any difference.

'We'll also have non-biological bodies - we can create bodies with nano technology, we can create virtual bodies and virtual reality in which the virtual reality will be as realistic as the actual reality.

'The virtual bodies will be as detailed and convincing as real bodies.

'We do need a body, our intelligence is directed towards a body but it doesn't have to be this frail, biological body that is subject to all kinds of failure modes.

'But I think we'll have a choice of bodies, we'll certainly be routinely changing our parent body through virtual reality and today you can have a different body in something like Second Life, but it's just a picture on the screen.

'Research has shown that people actually begin to subjectively identify with their avatar.

'But in the future it's not going to be a little picture in a virtual environment you're looking at. It will feel like this is your body and you're in that environment and your body is the virtual body and it can be as realistic as real reality.

'So we'll be routinely able to change our bodies very quickly as well as our environments. If we had radical life extension only we would get profoundly bored and we would run out of thing to do and new ideas.

'In additional to radical life extension we're going to have radical life expansion.

'We're going to have million of virtual environments to explore that we're going to literally expand our brains - right now we only have 300 million patterns organised in a grand hierarchy that we create ourselves.

'But we could make that 300 billion or 300 trillion. The last time we expanded it with the frontal cortex we created language and art and science. Just think of the qualitative leaps we can't even imagine today when we expand our near cortex again.'

http://www.dailymail...s-90-years.html
  • Mark Santos likes this

#2 oscartamaguchiblackface

oscartamaguchiblackface

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

Ray Kurzweil is a fantastic person. One of the futurists that I admire for his ideas, now not all of his ideas I personally subscribe to, I'm more of a fan of how he thinks, but check this out.

---------

We'll be uploading our entire MINDS to computers by 2045 and our bodies will be replaced by machines within 90 years, Google expert claims

Ray Kurzweil, director of engineering at Google, believes we will be able to upload our entire brains to computers within the next 32 years - an event known as singularity
Our 'fragile' human body parts will be replaced by machines by the turn of the century

In just over 30 years, humans will be able to upload their entire minds to computers and become digitally immortal - an event called singularity - according to a futurist from Google.

Ray Kurzweil, director of engineering at Google, also claims that the biological parts of our body will be replaced with mechanical parts and this could happen as early as 2100.

Kurweil made the claims during his conference speech at the Global Futures 2045 International Congress in New York at the weekend.

The conference was created by Russian multimillionaire Dmitry Itskov and featured visonary talks about how the world will look by 2045.

Kurzweil said: 'Based on conservative estimates of the amount of computation you need to functionally simulate a human brain, we'll be able to expand the scope of our intelligence a billion-fold.'

He referred to Moore's Law that states the power of computing doubles, on average, every two years quoting the developments from genetic sequencing and 3D printing.

In Kurweil's book, The Singularity Is Near, he plots this development and journey towards singularity in a graph.

This singularity is also referred to as digital immortality because brains and a person's intelligence will be digitally stored forever, even after they die.

He also added that this will be possible through neural engineering and referenced the recent strides made towards modeling the brain and technologies which can replace biological functions.

Examples of such technology given by LiveScience include the cochlear implant - an implant that is attached to the brain's cochlear nerve and electronically stimulates it to restore hearing to someone who is deaf.

Other examples include technology that can restore motor skills after the nervous system is damaged.

Earlier this year, doctors from Cornell University used 3D printing to create a prosthetic ear using cells of cartilage.

A solid plastic mould was printed and then filled with high-density collagen gel.The researchers then added cartilage cells into the collagen matrix.

Kurweil was invited to the conference because he has previously written books around the idea of singularity.

Expanding on this idea Martine Rothblatt, CEO of biotech company United Therapeutics introduced the idea of 'mindclones'.

These are digital versions of humans that can live forever and can create 'mindfiles' that are a place to store aspects of our personalities.

She said it would run on a kind of software for consciousness and told The Huffington Post: 'The first company that develops mindware will have [as much success as] a thousand Googles.'

Rothblatt added that the presence of mindware could lead to replacing other parts of the body with 'non-biological' parts.

Posted Image

This is a concept that Kurweil also discussed and was the basis of his book Fantastic Voyage.

In this book he discusses immortality and how he believes the human body will develop.

He said: 'We're going to become increasingly non-biological to the point where the non-biological part dominates and the biological part is not important any more.

'In fact the non-biological part - the machine part - will be so powerful it can completely model and understand the biological part. So even if that biological part went away it wouldn't make any difference.

'We'll also have non-biological bodies - we can create bodies with nano technology, we can create virtual bodies and virtual reality in which the virtual reality will be as realistic as the actual reality.

'We do need a body, our intelligence is directed towards a body but it doesn't have to be this frail, biological body that is subject to all kinds of failure modes.

'But I think we'll have a choice of bodies, we'll certainly be routinely changing our parent body through virtual reality and today you can have a different body in something like Second Life, but it's just a picture on the screen.

'Research has shown that people actually begin to subjectively identify with their avatar.

'But in the future it's not going to be a little picture in a virtual environment you're looking at. It will feel like this is your body and you're in that environment and your body is the virtual body and it can be as realistic as real reality.

'So we'll be routinely able to change our bodies very quickly as well as our environments. If we had radical life extension only we would get profoundly bored and we would run out of thing to do and new ideas.

'In additional to radical life extension we're going to have radical life expansion.

'We're going to have million of virtual environments to explore that we're going to literally expand our brains - right now we only have 300 million patterns organised in a grand hierarchy that we create ourselves.

'But we could make that 300 billion or 300 trillion. The last time we expanded it with the frontal cortex we created language and art and science. Just think of the qualitative leaps we can't even imagine today when we expand our near cortex again.'

Bro Larry this is scary stuff. Looks like we're going to try to usurp God Himself and be like Him. I wonder what punishment mankind is going to get if we attempt to be God-like. That kind of thinking is what got Lucifer in hot water to begin with. He wanted to be Godlike and was cast out of heaven instead.

I don't know if you share my religious beliefs. If not, then you don't have to reply to this.

#3 Larry

Larry

oderint dum metuant

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

well i try to see it in a different light.

this is the human race trying to live up to its potential, pushing the limits of our intelligence and trying to be more out of what we are. Which I truly believe our purpose here on this earth is.

I don't think God put us here to be stagnant and just stick to what we know, otherwise what would our intelligence and inherent curiosity be for?

we're trying to be all we can be, and learn everything there is to learn about our universe, and our bodies and how things work in general. and I think God wants it that way. There's even a bible story about it, I forgot the passage but it was about the three servants who were given money, 2 of them kept it and the other one did something with it, something like that.

#4 Legato Bluesomers

Legato Bluesomers

Guns of MTC

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, CQC, Meditation, Books, Paranormal, Free Running, Parkour, Knives, Music, Arts and Literature

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

just like from the movie transcendence, highly unethical yet very practical.

#5 fml

fml

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

Interesting thought. I hope though that if those were to happen, they don't happen in my lifetime. ;)

Edited by curiousfemme, 15 June 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#6 JTKIRK66

JTKIRK66

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:35 AM

I think Sheldon cooper of the Big Bang theory tv series tried this with comical results.

#7 betloger

betloger

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

now that would be anti-christ works

Edited by betloger, 23 November 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#8 goin_insane

goin_insane

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:25 PM

interesting, but i'm still skeptical.

can a feeling, like love, for instance, be encoded? can creativity be quantified? i don't think so.

#9 Ignatum

Ignatum

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

Transhumanism is actually the real 666, Satan's counterfeit to Christ's gift which is the new body.

I'm not surprised that Transhumanism and Aliens are being promoted more and more throughout the mainstream entertainment and mainstream media nowadays simply to condition the minds of the public that Transhumanism is needed because humanity is on the path of inevitable extinction and the only way out is to infuse our bodies with machines and alter our DNA. "THEY" also convince us that the Aliens are coming here to help us set aside our differences so humanity could unite as a whole under their appointed leader(Antichrist - One World Government). "THEY" are also convincing us that all religions are interconnected to one path and we are worshiping the same "GOD"  who appeared in many faces(Ecumenical Religion promoted by Ted Turner in the UN). 

Its so sad to see that many people are craving for Transhumansim simply because of the notion "We can become like gods." without knowing where the DNA altering really comes from.

Movies like "Lucy"(Shortened for Lucifer), Transcendence, Limitless, Iron Man, Captain America, Clash of the Titans(Half-god and half man), X-Men, Spider Man are all promoting Transhumanism.

#10 Julianda

Julianda

Omry feek antia

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:28 AM

There's even a bible story about it, I forgot the passage but it was about the three servants who were given money, 2 of them kept it and the other one did something with it, something like that.

I think it's the "Parable of the Three Servants"; Matthew 25:14 - 30.

#11 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

The Lightworker

• 5,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:56 PM

This is possible. Even a 'disaster' can be made or modified by humans.

U.S. ATTACKED PHILIPPINES WITH HAARP

#12 shamrock8691

shamrock8691

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Big decisions, big money. Parang ATM ang buhay pinupuno ng mga bagay na may value.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

ayusin niyo muna traffic sa pilipinas hahahaha

Edited by shamrock8691, 08 April 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#13 Legato Bluesomers

Legato Bluesomers

Guns of MTC

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, CQC, Meditation, Books, Paranormal, Free Running, Parkour, Knives, Music, Arts and Literature

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:36 AM

Manipulating ionosphere has destructive effects sa atmosphere. From what i can recall they can manufacture earthquakes, cyclones (supercell) and erupting dormant volcanoes.

#14 Wolv3rin3

Wolv3rin3

X-MEN

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

very interesting thread.

#15 philnightlife

philnightlife

Observer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Interests:Making a change, Research/Technology, Outdoor Trips/Adventure, Friendship

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:43 PM

ayusin niyo muna traffic sa pilipinas hahahaha

Right to the point. Hahaha saka yung lintek na kalsada at drainage na palaging ginagawa pero di naman gaanong nag-iimprove

#16 betonz87

betonz87

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

---------

article-2344398-1A66F64C000005DC-650_634

Thank you for the share :) will save it to my memo 

#17 camus

camus

Jouisseur

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 10,899 posts
  • Interests:ALL women: thick & thin, tall & petite, mature & teen, ebony & white and all shades in between...

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:55 PM

Not sure about 2045, but I believe this will happen eventually. We already have bionic eyes, ears, arms, legs, etc now. They are used by people who have lost their natural parts due to accidents or disease. Currently these bionic devices are inferior to the natural thing. But It's only a matter of time before these bionic devices will surpass the natural part. Then some people will chose to replace the natural part with a bionic part to get an edge.

#18 xLoneRiderx

xLoneRiderx

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Anything under the sun..books,philosophy, paranormal, conspiracies, sexual exploration , spirituality , tech gadgets..

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:00 PM

---------

---------

Very interesting article, you might try also watching a documentary on Ray Kurzweil ,  The Transcental Man, it is available on kickass Torrent 

#19 destron

destron

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

I dont think we can easily be just sofwares in the future. The brain is still so complex for it to be replicated and to be given consciousness. We may be able to upload our memories to a computer but we still need a brain to process it. So I think a plausible goal of humanity is to make the biological brain immortal. We can do that way more earlier than to replicate a living conscious brain on a silicon based hardware.

Edited by destron, 09 September 2016 - 02:40 PM.

#20 Nancyrex

Nancyrex

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:40 AM

Well.... the palestinian problem isnt going to ever get fixed. Not as long as israel exists as a state and they have part of Jereuselum. Iraq will sort itself out. Elections are going to happen in three weeks. Its a start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users