Know Thyself (Love Your Self First)

• 7 months later...

let us also resurrect this thread...

from the SELF to the OTHER.

that is how it normally starts. it is absurd to think otherwise.

however, we can use the other to reflect on the self as well.

ideally, in the end, the self and the other aims to blur their distinction and becomes one.

Edited by Bikerboy

The thing is, after all the pains you've gone through, you get to weigh on your worth. And that's when self preservation sets in. That will also equate to loving yourself.

You get to assess from within what your weaknesses are and you overcome them by strengthening yourself. Whatever scares you, deal with it. Whatever insecurities you have, find what's the most beautiful in you. No one was ever created possessing all the good things, learn to accept this.

Acceptance is a sure way to your road of appreciation, your self and even others.

• 5 months later...

i think the reason why we settle in love is because we didn't know any better. in the immortal words of the rolling stones: "you can't always get what you want... you get what you need".
love comes in stages : where as a child we learn to be (selfish: don't like to use that word) self-more and as we grow-up and mature we get to be self-less (moving from self to others).

so when your hot for a girl (self-more), when you discover/respect her limitations (you realize there are 2 of you), when you begin to understand her (self-less) and each other, and when both of you have children (really self-less). so there are 4 stages here, and lets say for example that your both at stage one (hots for each other), but when she gets pregnant, then unless you guys are willing to commit (stage 2) and see it through, then one or both of you will leave, since neither of you have reached the maturity (stage 4) to truly understand each other (stage 3) and think beyond yourselves.

but a baby forces the lady to think beyond herself, and as she matures (self-less), her priorities begin to change for the better, since over time she will be looking for someone with the same maturity level (stage 4) for a lifetime companion. even the guy who left, will one day realize that if he doesn't change his ways (stage 1, forever child), will end up alone in his old age. so the relationships that didn't work out for us, are simply life's way of showing us that there is something better (someone who deserves you).

so the questions are: what stage are you in? what stage is the other person in? are you happy in the stage where you are (is she/he: coz if that person doesn't want to change, then you can't make them, and you will have to make a tough decision to leave them behind)? or are you both willing to be with each other in order to reach stage 4 in a mature long-term lifetime relationship?

better yet, have you found someone who is already mature enough to be with you at stage 4? this i believe is no longer settling in love, but hitting the jackpot. :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I can’t start a topic so I think this fits here. Just releasing tension.

Hey fellow gm’s, mods, theras. I’m happybloke, just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings here.

For the past few months it has been a challenge for me, my daily regimen has taken a toll on me physically and now I’m emotionally tired as well. Getting married 2 years ago and having a baby currently at a few months old. It’s been a roller coaster ride. Long commute hours, having heavy workloads at the gym at times, but sometimes I could just play ML for a long time. Being the breadwinner not just for my family, but also helping out with my parents. Pushing hard to take care of the needs of my son so he’ll be taken care of. It’s just tiring, sleeping late at 12mn, waking up at 4am, and having to donthis 7 days a week.

I started going to spa around 2011/2012 then stopped 2017 and I think snook one in between 2017-2019. So I was going to spa even before meeting my wife, she knows nothing of it which is a good thing.

I recently just came back to the spa scene maybe around end of June. With the weight on my shoulders I was wanted to have this feeling reduced. Having tried a few theras, and finally going to stay with one. It was all fun and I got to connect with them atleast for the time being, but I’m hooked to one. She really got me. I know the thing’s just limited to a guest-thera connection, but it hasn’t stopped me from caring for her and her family. Not really knowing the details of her partner, if they’re good or not, but still I believe I truly care for her.

To add to everything, Just recently found out that my mother needs an operation costing more than a 100k, hopefully the health card will take care of it, if not then it’s again time to keep pushing.

I have no regrets with the people I met during my almost 2 months splurge, probably costing me 20-25k. I chose to and am happy as well for the people I helped.

I guess it’s time for me to end my post.

I just wanted to release the tension, having found myself having a heavy heart of emotions and bursting out crying a few times. I was like, wtf is wrong with me. Am I going crazy. It’s just one of those times in our lives where we face a lot of challenges.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (+1) 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...