3/4 of 2020 is done. Time to revisit my target vs actual YTD.

Non-Retirement

For Jan-Sep of 2020.

My profit goal this year is $770 per week.

39 weeks so far this year so $770 x 39 = $30.0K Target Profit YTD

Actual 39 weeks YTD Profit = +$32.4K.

Analysis: +$32.4K > $30.0K

Conclusion: MRS Beating the Target :D :wub:

• Like (+1) 1

My 2020 Scoreboard as of 20201002:

Year-to-Date gain of $32.2K or Php1.61M. :wub: :wub:

The analysis is,

the longer the down - the larger the gain :D

the bigger the down - the larger the gain :D

Current drop: -9.0%

Projected Surplus Gain at full recovery: $2..6K B)

Current drop: -10.5%

Projected Surplus Gain at full recovery: $2..5K B)

Current drop: -10.5%

Projected Surplus Gain at full recovery: $2.2K B)

Current drop: -8.5%

Projected Surplus Gain at full recovery: $1.7K B)

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

3/4 of 2020 is done. Time to revisit my target vs actual YTD.

Non-Retirement

For Jan-Sep of 2020.

My profit goal this year is $770 per week.

39 weeks so far this year so $770 x 39 = $30.0K Target Profit YTD

Actual 39 weeks YTD Profit = +$32.4K.

Analysis: +$32.4K > $30.0K

Conclusion: MRS Beating the Target :D :wub:

How much is your capital sir para sa $770?

How much is your capital sir para sa $770?

Such a simple but loaded question. :)

First, 770 a week is 40K a year.

Second, I started this year with 106K and an original target of only 540 per week and if you backtrack this thread you'd probably see this on my posts.

BUT pandemic happened this year. US declared a Cares Act that allowed citizens to withdraw without penaly from our retirement account. So that happened in May for me. I moved $30K from my retirement account into my non-retirement account and when that happened, the $770 per week is the new target.

BUT :lol: , even a 136K (106K + 30K) amount is too small for a 40K target. Part of the 770 per week calculation is that I overachieved my target goal due to pandemic (the bigger the drop, the bigger the gain). So that gain is factored into that new 770 per week or 40K target.

This year is harder to explain LOL. In a regular year without such a big drop back in March, I would only target 40K per year if I have 180K capital.

Such a simple but loaded question. :)

First, 770 a week is 40K a year.

Second, I started this year with 106K and an original target of only 540 per week and if you backtrack this thread you'd probably see this on my posts.

BUT pandemic happened this year. US declared a Cares Act that allowed citizens to withdraw without penaly from our retirement account. So that happened in May for me. I moved $30K from my retirement account into my non-retirement account and when that happened, the $770 per week is the new target.

BUT :lol: , even a 136K (106K + 30K) amount is too small for a 40K target. Part of the 770 per week calculation is that I overachieved my target goal due to pandemic (the bigger the drop, the bigger the gain). So that gain is factored into that new 770 per week or 40K target.

This year is harder to explain LOL. In a regular year without such a big drop back in March, I would only target 40K per year if I have 180K capital.

40K of 180 would still be over 22%, double your money every 3 years! Superb!

Edited by combatjames
  • Like (+1) 1

40K of 180 would still be over 22%, double your money every 3 years! Superb!

Oh I'm chatting to a smart person who knows the rule. ;)

Exactly my goal to double every 3.5 years conservatively but 3 years is realistic to me. This is because even on non-pandemic years of 2018 and 2019, my 3-year profit from Oct 2017-Sep 2020 is close to 100% (AKA "double the money") at 88%. Hence, my belief is that my skills are enough with or without big drops in the market. Last month, September 2020, my stocks dropped 9%, so really my gain should have been closer to 97% and not 88% if that did not happen :D . But it's all good and in a way, a celebration! If there are bigger drops to happen, I'd be gaining more because I can buy at lower prices. Weill, anyone can haha. Market comes back eventually anyway.

If market takes time to come back (which they do sometimes as with the "lost decade" of 2000-2010, then one has to have the ability to see the projected gains when market fully recovers, which I also am demonstrating on my posts. So even at extended bear market, anyone can calculate their respective projected "double the money" years still. Just don't die before it recovers. :lol: One has to be alive to fully take advantage of the discounts! :wub:

x89gEnu.jpg

Edited by MRROUGHSEX