*** Share Ko Lang Na... ***

maniaclara

Share ko lang that...

1. I absolutely love cream cheese.

2. Ako ang nagpauso ng Country Style addiction sa previous workplace ko. Nahilig akong kumain dun ng bagel with cream cheese. Then spaghetti with toast. I found out pwede palang mag order ng toast lang. So I told my colleagues about it, at naging favorite ng madaming tao sa work ang toast ng Country Style. :D

Share ko lang na - sobrang sakit ng likod at binti ko ngayon; lumibot kami ni kuya sa mall para maghanap ng camera bag (pero wala kaming nakita), tapos nag-grocery kami, at dahil si kuya ang kasama ko, isang round ulit ng paglilibot sa mall karay karay ang shopping cart... pagkauwi, inayos lang ang grocery tapos palengke mode naman.... kadarating lang namin sa bahay nang dumating si mom kasama ang ate niya at 2 sa pinsan ko, kaya nagluluto ako ng hapunan habang inaayos ang mga pinamalengke. Nakakapagod tumayo ng matagal, pero okay lang, sarap magshower after! :D

Share ko lang that last night I gave my mother a short lecture on racism after she said that she finds Negro (her own words) people dirty.

I just freaked out when she said that. I mean when I was still teaching I always made sure to educate my students about being sensitive about such things and here I go realizing that I gotta start educating people in my own home. So I told her, You know, you just killed the Civil Rights Movement with that comment. And went on to tell her about the plight of Rosa Parks, the Alabama Bus Boycott, Martin Luther King, etc..

Then I said, Do you know that in some parts of the world, people look down on us Filipinos are maids? How would you like to be judged based solely on where you were born, or the color of your skin?

I told her the story of my Korean student, who, when he was in Australia (I forgot which part), was refused entry to a restaurant. The restaurant owner met him at the door and said, I'm sorry but you can't eat here.

She didn't say anything after that, and I'm hoping, praying that she will reflect on what I said.

Share ko lang na.... am now starting to prep the dishes for Noche Buena. Yihee! Pero napapagod na ako... going to the market, prepping foods, cooking, serving, then washing the dishes suck up all my energy. Masayang merong kamag-anak sa kapaskuhan pero nakakainis rin kasi di man lang makuha tumulong...para akong nagpapatakbo ng hotel na libre. Hahahaha.

Ie-enjoy ko na lang ang mga sparklers ko mamya!

Share ko lang na...

We won't be doing the traditional Christmas lunch, because mom and the relatives will be watching movie. Sad, pero masaya naman ang Noche Buena namin. I am really happy our family's complete.

Oh... share ko lang din na - kagabi, wala talaga akong balak um-attend ng Christmas Eve mass, pero God really knows how to pursuit, kahit ano'ng gawin ko para 'di ako makapagsimba, I was still given enough time. Hehehe. Well, in the end, it was still my personal choice to go, ako pa nga ang nagpapamadali sa kuya ko kasi ambagal magbihis. :)