327 replies to this topic

#321 will robie

will robie

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

This statement painting Lebron James as some sort of locker room cancer destroyed whatever credibility this blogger had.

Lebron James not making his teammate better is pure rubbish. LBJ was an elite playmaker and has exceptional court vision. While He scored a lot of points at a very high efficiency, he was always known to setup his teammates for easy baskets. LBJ early in his career was not fortunate as Larry Bird to have championship calibre front office. Furthermore, Lebron James has a good reputation in and out of the basketball court. If he was really an assh*le, would Wade and Bosh join him in Miami? Even after Lebron moved back to Cleveland, Mike Miller and James Jones followed LBJ because he had deep friendship with both players. Mike Miller said, one of the reasons why LBJ left is because the Heat amnestied him (MIke Miller). This narrative by some media members that Lebron is a poor teammate is horsesh*t. Heck Larry Bird had a rift with Mchale because he feels that Mchale is underachieving and can still do a lot more. Does that count as complaining? Does this affect Bird's legacy? Does that make him a poor teammate? Last time I checked Michael Jordan was punching and verbally abusing his teammates. Did that affect his legacy? About ring chasing, any competitive sport's athlete should be ring / trophy chasing. Kobe Bryant vocally wants to surpass Michael Jordan and be the GOAT, is there anything wrong with that? 

Mike Miller and James Jones are not exactly Bill Walton or DJ. Larry Bird had a rift with Mchale? Really now. Kobe Bryant never went to another team to chase rings. He stayed put with the Lakers and just let management have the problem of luring primetime players to the Lakers. I used to detest Kobe Bryant being a Celtic fan but I have grown to respect Bryant because he never left the Lakers and stayed with them through thick and thin. James bailed out on the Cavs and Heat when he thought that the situation was untenable. As for MJ, the Bulls went 57-25 during the year Jordan was in retirement and forced a Game 7 against the Knicks. That series could have gone either way. That's a knock on Jordan's legacy that hasn't been really talked about. The Bulls didn't need Jordan to be competitive. 

#322 will robie

will robie

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,026 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:43 AM

This blogger had some good points but his personal hate for Lebron veered him away from facts. I can understand why his blog was appealing to you. You idolize Larry Bird and you abhor Lebron James.  

I don't think the blogger hates Lechoke. He was just making a point why Larry is better than Lechoke. Yes, I idolize Bird and hate James. I won't deny that. The major reason of my hate for James is because he left the Cavs just to chase rings with two other All Stars. I used to respect him but after that move, I lost all my respect for him.  In spite of my hate, I acknowledge that he is a freak athlete and a franchise player.

Edited by will robie, 21 August 2019 - 09:46 AM.

#323 icock2017

icock2017

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:55 PM

Both great, but if had to pick will go with Larry legend

#324 Chippy23

Chippy23

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:10 PM

Lebron will surpass Larry once his playing career is over. Not a Lebron fan but I think he's almost there. Maybe the better question to ask if KD or Kawhi will also surpass Larry Legend.

#325 Brandon Eric Draven Lee

Brandon Eric Draven Lee

Unarmed and Extremely Dangerous

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,193 posts
  • Interests:Interest is only applicable in the bank once you deposit some amount of money.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

Uy pwede. PBA version. Hahahaha.Attached File  20190823_104317.jpg   25.73KB   0 downloadsAttached File  images (7).jpeg   33.95KB   0 downloads

#326 will robie

will robie

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,026 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

In Hollywood, he is finding out that a new generation of younger players is not as willing as his ex-Cavalier teammates to take his occasional non-accountability, ball-heavy usage and overbearing ego.

When his teams win, it has been framed as being because of LeBron. When his teams lose, it has been painted as due to the shortcomings of his teammates, not his.

Lechoke is not even a leader. 

#327 red60

red60

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

Mike Miller and James Jones are not exactly Bill Walton or DJ. Larry Bird had a rift with Mchale? Really now. Kobe Bryant never went to another team to chase rings. He stayed put with the Lakers and just let management have the problem of luring primetime players to the Lakers. I used to detest Kobe Bryant being a Celtic fan but I have grown to respect Bryant because he never left the Lakers and stayed with them through thick and thin. James bailed out on the Cavs and Heat when he thought that the situation was untenable. As for MJ, the Bulls went 57-25 during the year Jordan was in retirement and forced a Game 7 against the Knicks. That series could have gone either way. That's a knock on Jordan's legacy that hasn't been really talked about. The Bulls didn't need Jordan to be competitive. 

I don't think the blogger hates Lechoke. He was just making a point why Larry is better than Lechoke. Yes, I idolize Bird and hate James. I won't deny that. The major reason of my hate for James is because he left the Cavs just to chase rings with two other All Stars. I used to respect him but after that move, I lost all my respect for him.  In spite of my hate, I acknowledge that he is a freak athlete and a franchise player.

"Yes, I idolize Bird and hate James." 

This is the reason why it is impossible for you to make an objective and unbiased comparison between the two players. The unnamed blog caters to your opinion thus you concur the every word uttered even if it fails to give credit to Lebron and exaggerating media gossips. Like I said if Lebron James was really a poor teammate and toxic in the locker rooms then Wade and Bosh would have never joined him in Miami and supporting cast and Wade would have never followed him to Cleveland. 

"Kobe Bryant never went to another team to chase rings. He stayed put with the Lakers and just let management have the problem of luring primetime players to the Lakers. "

Players should play his entire career for 1 team is old school mentality. Not everyone is fortunate to be drafted in a big market team like Boston and LA. If signing to another team and requesting for trade diminishes the greatness of a player then that is your own opinion. An opinion that coincidentally favors your idol Larry Bird. I would like to remind you that Shaq, Jabbar, Wilt signed or requested to be traded to another team which enabled them to win multiple championships. Does that diminish their greatness? Lebron James was not fortunate to have legendary Red Auerbach as his general manager nor any hall of fame teammates in his first Cavs so he took matters into his own hands. He won 2 championships with the Heat and went back to Cavaliers to win one more. 

#328 will robie

will robie

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,026 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

This is the reason why it is impossible for you to make an objective and unbiased comparison between the two players. The unnamed blog caters to your opinion thus you concur the every word uttered even if it fails to give credit to Lebron and exaggerating media gossips. Like I said if Lebron James was really a poor teammate and toxic in the locker rooms then Wade and Bosh would have never joined him in Miami and supporting cast and Wade would have never followed him to Cleveland. 

I already stated facts about why I came to the opinion that Larry is better than Lechoke. I will admit that Lechoke is the better athlete but that's all I will concede to Lechoke. 

Players should play his entire career for 1 team is old school mentality. Not everyone is fortunate to be drafted in a big market team like Boston and LA. If signing to another team and requesting for trade diminishes the greatness of a player then that is your own opinion. An opinion that coincidentally favors your idol Larry Bird. I would like to remind you that Shaq, Jabbar, Wilt signed or requested to be traded to another team which enabled them to win multiple championships. Does that diminish their greatness? Lebron James was not fortunate to have legendary Red Auerbach as his general manager nor any hall of fame teammates in his first Cavs so he took matters into his own hands. He won 2 championships with the Heat and went back to Cavaliers to win one more. 

Yes, they requested to be traded but Lechoke did not get traded. He was already a free agent and conspired with Bosh and Wade to form a super team. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)