• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What Should My Bike Seat Height Be? - Setting Proper Pedaling Bike Seat Height

Question: What Should My Bike Seat Height Be? - Setting Proper Pedaling Bike Seat Height

Setting proper bike seat height for your size is an important part of every bike setup.

Proper seat height adjustment helps ensure joint health, pedaling efficiency, and comfort while riding your bike.

It helps to know where your body likes to be while pedaling and to use this position when you pedal for any significant period of time on any bike.

Answer: To find the right seat height position you need to sit on your bike with your feet on the pedals. Position one pedal at the very bottom of it's stroke. Your seat height should be adjusted so that in this position your knee is bent at around a 25 to 30 degree angle. It's that simple.

It is important to note that this applies to pedaling situations only. There are a lot of situations on a mountain bike that you should have a lower seat position for safety as well as improved agility.

I always use a seat post quick release so I can adjust my seat height according to the riding conditions. It is helpful to mark the seat post where it enters the frame at the positions you like to use for quicker adjustment.

Take a moment before each ride to think about the trail and where you might want to set your seat height, and don't be afraid to adjust it while you ride.

What is the Proper Position of My Bike Seat - Good Bike Seat Position

Question: What is the Proper Position of My Bike Seat - Good Bike Seat Position?

Setting proper bike seat position for your body is an important part of every bike setup. Using the right seat position for your body will help keep your joints healthy, give you better endurance, and more comfort.

As with your seat height adjustment you should learn what seat position your body likes and then use it whenever you have to pedal for any significant time on any bike.

Answer: There are two adjustments to your seats position on the seat post. The first sets the horizontal position of the seat with respect to the bike. The second sets the angular position of the seat.

When setting seat position, the most important thing to consider is your comfort. With that in mind use the following guidelines to steer you in the right direction.

The horizontal position should be set so that when your pedal is at the very bottom of its stroke, the front of your kneecap is directly above the pedal axle.

The seat angle should be set so the seat is generally level. Beyond that your comfort should lead the way. You should feel like the bones in your rear end are doing most of the support work but you shouldn't feel like the seat is trying to push you forward or rearward.

If you are experiencing issues with numbness in the crotch area while you are riding, there is a good chance that a change in your seat position can help fix the problem. This can be greatly effected by the seat itself, but as far as position goes, adding a little forward angle may help.

What is the Right Size Road Bike for Me?

Specialized Allez road bike.

Use the sizing chart below to find the right sized road bike for you. Knowing your height and inseam measurements, you should be able to determine what size frame will be most comfortable for you. Of the two measurements, height and inseam, inseam is more important.

Road Bike Sizing Guide

Determining Your Road Bike Frame Size

Height

Inseam Length

Bike Frame Size

4'10" - 5'1"

25.5” - 27”

46 - 48 cm

5'0" - 5'3"

26.5" - 28"

48 - 50 cm

5'2" - 5'5"

27.5" - 29"

50 - 52 cm

5'4" - 5'7"

28.5" - 30"

52 - 54 cm

5'6" - 5'9"

29.5" - 31"

54 - 56 cm

5'8" - 5'11"

30.5" - 32"

56 - 58 cm

5'10" - 6'1"

31.5" - 33"

58 - 60 cm

6'0" - 6'3"

32.5" - 34"

60 - 62 cm

6'2" - 6'5"

34.5" - 36"

62 - 64 cm

• 1 month later...

I just started biking again. I borrowed a friend's mountain bike (since my bike is way too big for my height). I just started going around the UP Acad Oval but it can be quite boring going around in circles in the same place after awhile. I would like to explore other bike-friendly areas and go on trails as well.

For road biking, can anyone recommend bike areas where people have respect for bikers? I've heard that there are people biking around the Fort area. Can anyone recommend a good route for biking at the Fort?

For trail biking, can anyone recommend a nice beginner trail I can start with? Also, does anyone know of a group that does trail biking that I can join? My friends are not really into biking so I'm into this hobby alone.

I just started biking again. I borrowed a friend's mountain bike (since my bike is way too big for my height). I just started going around the UP Acad Oval but it can be quite boring going around in circles in the same place after awhile. I would like to explore other bike-friendly areas and go on trails as well.

For road biking, can anyone recommend bike areas where people have respect for bikers? I've heard that there are people biking around the Fort area. Can anyone recommend a good route for biking at the Fort?

For trail biking, can anyone recommend a nice beginner trail I can start with? Also, does anyone know of a group that does trail biking that I can join? My friends are not really into biking so I'm into this hobby alone.

You can try sa High Street. UP is great since its very large for biking. Another would be Luneta but that could be very far from your place. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

trail biking subukan mo dun sa timberland san mateo

road biking sa cavite papunta ng puerto azul every weekend marami ka makakasabay dyan

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Help lang mga pre

Napapansin ko na hanggang 2 oras lang ang kaya kong i bike

Feeling ko kaya ko pa lagpasan ang 2 oras pero ang kanang tuhod ko e nanakit na

Matagal na rin ako nagba bike pero lagi lang napapatigil agad dahil lang sa tuhod

Iniisip ko me magandang bang certain accessory na pwede ko ilagay sa tuhod para hindi ganon sumakit

Thanks in advance :)