Beer Belly

• 1 month later...

Then you're eating above your body's calorie requirements per day, go below it. Thing is, you can be thin all over but have that belly fat until you either 1.) modify your diet or 2.) pack on enough muscle that your base metabolic rate rises so much that you wont have to modify what you eat. Get more muscle if you aren't already muscular gobster11. You don't have to go to the gym straight away, there are many lifting programs you could do from home. For instance this one is awesome. I started out using that for six months. I didn't even buy actual weights (though I did sign up a local 500 peso per month gym after - have been lifting a year and a half now at that gym. I was in your shoes, it worked for me - I now have six pacs and respectable arms, though I needed to go on a high protein diet with whey protein powder on top of that). I bought a steel pipe for plumbing, then just started with two pet bottles of softdrinks on each end filled with cement. Start light, you do not want to break your body by trying to be too macho and lifting what you cannot without using proper form. Its better to lift 10 lbs with good form than 50 lbs with horrible form.

Now why do I insist in lifting rather than some cardio routine? Simple, once you gain that muscle it's going to be there for a long time - especially when you maintain that figure by lifting 3 times a week. If you were to get thin on a cardio program of say, running 1:30 hours - 2 hours, you will have to maintain that routine for the rest of your life to control that weight. If you have work/family/significant other to attend to you will not have time. Lift now, say, spend the next 2 years doing 1 hour at the gym for 4 - 5 days a week and once you reach your ideal body you'll only have to lift (kahit walang cardio) 30 minutes - 1 hour per session, 3 times a week.

So this is the break down, in 20 years, if you want to stay trim or macho... this is the amount of time you will need to invest to either be thin or macho. Look at how much time you save staying slim and macho versus just being payat.

1 Hour Cardio for the next 20 years and you did it 4 times a week: 1 hour run (4 days per week) (12 months) (20 years) = 960 hours in 20 years, 40 days spent running!

1 Hour Lifting 4 times a week for the first 2 years then 3 times a week of 30 minute sessions ~ then tapering off to maintenance: 1 hour lifting (4 days per week) (12 months) (2 years) = 96 hours + 0.5 hour lifting (3 days per week) (12 months) (18 years) = 324 hour... 324 hours + 96 hours = 420 hours total 17.5 days spent lifting!

Bottom line, lift. If you are a man you have no excuse not to lift to get your belly thin. (you gain much more muscle than a woman would with the same amount of effort) If you're satisfied simply being thin, I guess that's okay. But I mean, may lalake ba dito that doesn't want to be BOTH slim and have a buff body that girls love? Anyway ito lang ang ginawa ko para maalis ang beer belly ko. I'm 26 now, I started when I was 23. I'm very happy where I am, not seeing a beer belly but abs is great. Nevermind na kaya kong mag full court basketball games ng 3 in a row (di naman professional kaming mga naglalaban) na halos walang pahinga. If you see someone running up the MRT Ayala stairs instead of the escalator from work, that's me. Dati hinihingal ako diyan, gamer kasi ako, payat na tingting. Ang sarap ng feeling na nakaka benchpress ng 250 pounds kahit 5'10 at 160 lbs lang bro. Try mo. ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 months later...

lalambot ang matigas na beer belly once you start making lifestyle changes: "eat less, move more"

i used to have a tough big beer belly too, but in two months' time of dieting and exercise (i started to weigh 192lb last november 11, now i'm 174lb), it softened up.

ang unang lalambot ay left and right love handles mo, then the abs (or in my case, ab) will begin to shrink. mind control lang tuwing nagugutom at nakakaamoy

ng masasarap. in my case, it's fear that my body readings (pronounced high in blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure) will get worse

well, you may indulge in one heavy meal a week, yung dati mong kinagawian. then get back to your resolution.

one thing i noticed, ang mahal magpapayat! hehehe. all those greens, walnut, kiwi, etc.

as for exercise, aside from dumbbells, i dance using ps3 and wii programs ("just dance 2014", "just dance 4", "just dance greatest hits"), then 30-minute run treadmill once or twice a week

nice tip. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Beer belly is reflective of how disciplined you life style is. Its not just about hitting the gym or fasting when its diet season. You gotta be more consistent, you always gotta understand what you put inside your mouth, and how your body changes as you age.

See, younger people have very fast metabolism. Kaya nga ang mga teenanger kahit panay junk food at puyat di naman sila tumataba. COmpare that to someone in his 30s na. Magfastfood ka ng kahit 3 beses sa isang linggo, and its gonna show on the scales. Plus mas hindi na nakakarecover katawan natin sa puyat. Kaya dapat, habang tumatanda ka, mas dinidisiplina mo sarili mo sa pagkain. The earlier you start the better. Kasi pag 40s na halimbawa, you wont burn fat as fast as a 20 year old can. Tapos kung babae naman at nagaccumulate ng taba nung nanganak kelangan din tulungan talaga with active exercise at stricter diet pagkatapos.

Isa pa it also helps kung habang tumatanda may mga pagkain na mas pakonti ng pakonti mo na lang kinakain. Ang goal ko, dpat by mid 30s wala na akong chips. Fried tortilla, beans of peanuts na lang pinagkasanayan ko

Gusto nyo talaga mawala bilbil na yan? Ito ang isang exercise na masyadong undderrated. Aerobics! Hindi lang basta takbo o treadmill. Ok ang mga yan, pero mas maganda kung buong katawan mo ginagalaw mo ng husto for 30 mins to an hour ng walang tigil. Dyan talaga masusunog taba sa katawan.

I know medyo asiwa kasi di pangbarako na exercise ito. But if you are really desperate to trim that gut, swallow your pride and enroll in an aerobics class in your gym. Walang magagawa ang weights weights. Planking will only tighten your gut.

After a certain age d na ata talaga matanggal belly.

Kasi habang tumatanda, bumabagal ang metabolism ng katawan. Lalo kung yung tao mahina ang genetics. Kaya kelangan habang tumatanda, nagdedevelop ng disiplina. Binabago life style. Lalong lalo na sa eating habbits. You can't eat the same you did in your teens and not expect it to show on the scales. Kung nung 15 anyos pwedeng 2 round ng kanin at ulam, di na yan pwede pag 30 anyos ka na. Tapos samahan mo pa ng inom, ayus, bilbil talaga yan na mahirap na tanggalin.

Noong college ako lagi talagang may softdrinks pag kainan. Lalo sa tanghalian. Pero ngayon, tuwing pasko na lang ako umiinom ng coke.

avoid rice and do lots of walking. That will help. definitely. Try it.

Limit rice huwag naman avoid. Tsaka mix up your carbs. See, a lot of people have this misconception that carbs are bad for them. Or not eating rice will actually result in a flatter belly. Its sugar you should avoid not carbs. Di ka nga nagkakanin, lagi ka naman softdrinks at sugary drinks, eh di mas tataba ka lang nyan lalo.

Here is what you need to understand about carbs. YOU NEED THEM! How will your body start metabolizing to build muscle and burn excess fat when it does not have any source of fuel? Remember Carbs is energy. Kaya nga GO food sya na tinatawag. You simply gotta limit your intake ACCORDING TO YOUR DAILY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. If you have an active lifestyle and constantly exercising, then of course you need a lot of carbs. Carbs also is needed to synthesize muscle. If walang masyado ginagawa then bawas sa kanin. Bakit naman si Pacquiao pag may training? Isang kaninan nya eh isang bandehadong kanin nakakain nya pero nagkakabilbil ba sya. If you are not active and you take too much carbs, then magiging stored energy sya in the form of fat