Unforgettable Scenes/Performances/Lines

The Reader (2008)

In director Stephen Daldry's Holocaust love story, adapted by David Hare from Bernhard Schlink's neo-classic novel, the film flashbacked to the summer of 1958 when 15 year-old virginal German schoolboy named Michael Berg (David Kross, and Ralph Fiennes as an adult) engaged in an erotic, passionate and secret summer-time affair with beautiful, hard-working, uneducated, repressed 36 year-old tram conductor Hanna Schmitz (Oscar-winning Kate Winslet); they had sex on a regular basis, after which he would read literature outloud to her (The Odyssey, Huckleberry Finn, The Lady with the Little Dog, War and Peace, and Lady Chatterley's Lover); his life was forever changed by the relationship; as a law student in 1966 in Heidelberg, he witnessed Hanna's Nazi war-crimes trial for being an SS guard at a satellite of Auschwitz near Cracow during the war; the trial revealed that Hanna had the weak and sickly women also read to her outloud before they were sent to the gas chambers; she admitted, falsely to the judge (to conceal her embarrassment about being illiterate), that she had written the report about the deaths of 300 trapped prisoners in a locked church fire; unlike five other female scapegoating defendants who were sentenced to a few years in prison, she was sentenced to life imprisonment; in 1988 after almost twenty years in prison, Hanna was to be paroled in one week, and Michael saw her during a poignant, painful prison visit for the first time in decades during which there was no real physical contact; he had been sending her audio cassette tape recordings of his readings of her favorite books (and she had painstakingly taught herself how to read and write), fulfilling his role as "The Reader," without any other kind of correspondence or replies to her letters; she told him: "You've grown up, kid"; he detailed how he had made arrangements for a job and apartment for her after her release; he also revealed how his own brief marriage hadn't lasted and then asked: "Have you spent a lot of time thinking about the past?" - she asked: "You mean with you?"; he responded: "No, no, I didn't mean with me"; she told him about her thoughts of the past: "It doesn't matter what I feel. It doesn't matter what I think. The dead are still dead"; he replied: "I wasn't sure what you'd learned"; she responded: "Well, I have learned, kid. I've learned to read"; when he came back a week later to pick her up, he sadly learned that she had committed suicide in her room - she had stacked up library books on a table (including copies of War and Peace and The Odyssey) before standing on them and hanging herself (off-screen); as he visited her cell, he was told: "She didn't pack. She never intended to leave"; in her 'will,' she had written: "tell Michael I said hello," causing him to sob uncontrollably; in the film's final scene in a steady rain, Michael took his grown-up daughter Julia (Hannah Herzsprung) to visit Hanna's grave in a church graveyard (where they had taken a bike ride when he was 15), as she asked: "Who was she?"; the film ended with them walking slowly away from the grave, with his voice-over: "I was 15. I was coming home from school. I was feeling ill. And a woman helped me"

The Pursuit of Happyness

Chris Gardner: Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period. All right?

Christopher: All right.

from the Bridges of Madison County...

when Robert Kincaid was standing in the rain and Franchesca saw him. she was so torn if she should join him or stay with her family. the longer they stare at each other, the more you feel the longing. and when Robert drove off, their truck was behind him. it was a green light already, but Robert wasn't moving. Franchesca knew he was waiting for her. the way her hand was clutching the door's knob. she was just so torn. yet she chose to stay with her family.

from If Only...

I couldn't get the last part off my mind when he exchanged places with her so she'd survive the accident. The first time I got to watch it, I was literally praying that the accident won't take place anymore and that they'd both be safe.

in Love Actually...

when Emma Thompson cried inside their husband's room while playing Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now. crying when she received the gift she wasn't expecting for she was expecting the necklace instead that she found in her husband's coat.

and another was the part when Andrew Lincoln finally revealed to Keira Knightley of how he feels for her. the way he said it, via the posters he did. a girl will definitely be touched with how he did it.

nung dumating ang mga kastila kaming mga muslim ang humarap...

Umalis sila naiwan kami

nung dumating ang mga amerikano kami pa rin mga muslim ang humarap

Umalis sila naiwan kami

Ganon din ng dumating ang mga hapon kami pa din ang mga humarap

pero ikaw kapitan di ka na makaaalis dito

Sapagkat papatayin kita kaya bumunot ka

may mga bala ako na inalaan para sa iyo

MUSLIM .357

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Judge Randolph: *Consider yourself in Contempt!*

Kaffee: *Colonel Jessep, did you order the Code Red?*

Judge Randolph: You *don't* have to answer that question!

Col. Jessep: I'll answer the question!

[to Kaffee]

Col. Jessep: You want answers?

Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to.

Col. Jessep: *You want answers?*

Kaffee: *I want the truth!*

Col. Jessep: *You can't handle the truth!*

[pauses]

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?

Col. Jessep: I did the job I...

Kaffee: *Did you order the Code Red?*

Col. Jessep: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

A few good men

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wait wait wait

This is bad, this is bad, this is really Bad!!

They just can't get my nose right.

- Flynn Rider. Tangled

Oh yes kaibigan mko.. kaibigan mo lng ako.. taga gawa ng assignments mo, tga enroll sau, tagapag patawa sau pag nalulungkot ka.. and i made the stuped mistake of falling in love with my best friend..

Now u know, i think u can get out of my life... i said get out!!

-jolina magdangal, labs kita okay ka lang.

I could have killed them

I could have killed you

Don't push it

Let it go

Or I'll give u a war u wont believe

- Rambo!! Part 1

I remember best three speeches/scenes from movies:

-Rocky's from Rocky IV

-Drunken drifter's speech from Team America ("D***s, P*****s, and A******s")

-Charlie Chaplin's from The Great Dictator

Too long to write them down, but I think all are on YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...