#201 hit05

hit05

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:45 PM

http://www.theology....macculloch.html

This link is the best I Can do for now. The documentary may have been posted online years ago, but BBC police the sites and removes links that infringe on copyright materials.

#202 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

The Lightworker

• 5,172 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

The link seems immaterial since it does not show any documentary video that was being asked by a poster. Where is the said video then? 

#203 hit05

hit05

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • 700 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:53 PM

search function worked better today

https://www.youtube....h?v=L2c_wHpAaLI

#204 hit05

hit05

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • 700 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:22 PM

http://www.ovguide.c...hristianity.htm

Apparently there are 6 episodes for this TV Series.

#205 Julianda

Julianda

Omry feek antia

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:15 PM

search function worked better today

https://www.youtube....h?v=L2c_wHpAaLI

http://www.ovguide.c...hristianity.htm

Apparently there are 6 episodes for this TV Series.

I'll check them out first. Thank you. 

#206 p4tr1ck

p4tr1ck

the grandmaster

• (05) Regular
  • 734 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

imagine life without religion?? much better...isnt it?? being a good person enough right??showing compassion to other people..and help them if needed?? if i dont have religion does it make me a bad person?? i dont think so...

#207 groundhog

groundhog

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

imagine life without religion?? much better...isnt it?? being a good person enough right??showing compassion to other people..and help them if needed?? if i dont have religion does it make me a bad person?? i dont think so...

What is the your basis or rating of good? When can you say that you are a good person? There is no gauge for goodness. If it is by individual conscience then being good is subjective. 

You need religion to rule as your moral compass, now choosing the right religion that's another matter.

Life without religion, is CHAOS. 

#208 Edmund Dantes

Edmund Dantes

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

What is the your basis or rating of good? When can you say that you are a good person? There is no gauge for goodness. If it is by individual conscience then being good is subjective. 

You need religion to rule as your moral compass, now choosing the right religion that's another matter.

Uhm no! I totally disagree with this. This is fallacious and completely ignorant.

Just because a person is not a member of any religion, it does not mean he has no capability for gauging goodness. It also does not mean he has no moral compass. Benevolence is not necessarily based on some religious concept. For example, do you need to be a church going person to understand that cheating, lying, stealing, and hurting another fellow human being is wrong? Haven't you heard of atheists who devote themselves to Philantropic works? Besides, doesn't society have laws, etiquettes, customs, all not necessarily based on any religious teaching.

Second, just because you are a member of a religion it does mean you are a good person either. Palasimba at paladasal ka nga, pero kaliwat kanan pambabae mo. Nagnanakaw ka pa, nananakit pumapatay. Dahil lang ba sa religion mo automatic mabuting tao ka na?

Problem with your statement is that you seem to be confuse being relgious and being moral. These are two very separate things.

Life without religion is chaos? man wake up and see whats going on around you! All these madness na nagyari nung isang linngo nangyari dahil sa obsession ng tao sa religion. It was chaos di ba?

#209 groundhog

groundhog

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

Sorry if i sound ignorant to you but I am trying to put as plainly as possible.

Let's just focus on being Good. If being good is our basis of right standing in the society, then there should be some sort of criteria to follow to being good. And if there is a criteria to follow who then sets the rules? 

Hindi pwede to each its own, or if it makes you feel good then it is ok to do it. There should be a moral compass to guide an individual.

#210 Edmund Dantes

Edmund Dantes

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

Sorry if i sound ignorant to you but I am trying to put as plainly as possible.

Let's just focus on being Good. If being good is our basis of right standing in the society, then there should be some sort of criteria to follow to being good. And if there is a criteria to follow who then sets the rules? 

Hindi pwede to each its own, or if it makes you feel good then it is ok to do it. There should be a moral compass to guide an individual.

And who exactly made that claim? Didn't I say it already? We have laws, we have social rules, etiquettes, codes of conduct etc. Things that don't exactly have anything to do at all with religion. So saying that you can't be a good person without religion is ignorant. Walang kinalaman pagiging mabuti o masama ng isang tao sa relihiyon nya. I am friends with atheists, at buti pa nga sila eh, hindi sila prejudiced sa ibang tao dahil sa religion nila. Yung ibat ibang mga sekta satin, parang mga baliw na nagaaway kung sino sa kanila maliligtas, pero di ba turo nga ni hesus huwag manghusga?

Eto ha, let me share this. THis country I am in does not care too much about religion. A man's religion in their culture is as trivial as the brand of deodorant he is using. If you choose to practice one, fine! If you choose not to, thats also ok. As long as you behave properly in their society, they don't care what religion you wanna practice. Kaya kahit ang mga muslim dito, manamit man sila in their traditional dress hindi sila huhusgahan. At higit sa lahat hindi nangyayari dito yung kabaliwan na gingawa ng religious organizations gaya ng ginawa ng INC.

Every spring time, all international people here have a gathering. Its usually an afternoon barbecue. Dahil iba iba ng pinaggalingan, iba iba din mga relihiyon. Merong Shinto, Merong Tibetan Buddhist, Merong Katoliko, Presbeterian, Muslim at kung ano ano pa. Marami ding agnostic at atheist. Yung mga muslim me sarili silang grill kasi di sila pwede ng baboy. Kung baguhan ka sa group, lapit ka lang kahit kanino, bibigyan ka ng mga gamit na pinaglumaan na nila para sa apartment mo. Ako noon nabigyan ng 2nd hand na bisikleta at ricecooker. Now isn't that benevolence and a true example of what Utopia is? Wala kaming pake sa relihiyon ng isat isa. Benevolence knows no religion.

#211 BidaMan2015

BidaMan2015

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

That in all things, God may be glorified! :)

#212 p4tr1ck

p4tr1ck

the grandmaster

• (05) Regular
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:19 AM

And who exactly made that claim? Didn't I say it already? We have laws, we have social rules, etiquettes, codes of conduct etc. Things that don't exactly have anything to do at all with religion. So saying that you can't be a good person without religion is ignorant. Walang kinalaman pagiging mabuti o masama ng isang tao sa relihiyon nya. I am friends with atheists, at buti pa nga sila eh, hindi sila prejudiced sa ibang tao dahil sa religion nila. Yung ibat ibang mga sekta satin, parang mga baliw na nagaaway kung sino sa kanila maliligtas, pero di ba turo nga ni hesus huwag manghusga?

Eto ha, let me share this. THis country I am in does not care too much about religion. A man's religion in their culture is as trivial as the brand of deodorant he is using. If you choose to practice one, fine! If you choose not to, thats also ok. As long as you behave properly in their society, they don't care what religion you wanna practice. Kaya kahit ang mga muslim dito, manamit man sila in their traditional dress hindi sila huhusgahan. At higit sa lahat hindi nangyayari dito yung kabaliwan na gingawa ng religious organizations gaya ng ginawa ng INC.

Every spring time, all international people here have a gathering. Its usually an afternoon barbecue. Dahil iba iba ng pinaggalingan, iba iba din mga relihiyon. Merong Shinto, Merong Tibetan Buddhist, Merong Katoliko, Presbeterian, Muslim at kung ano ano pa. Marami ding agnostic at atheist. Yung mga muslim me sarili silang grill kasi di sila pwede ng baboy. Kung baguhan ka sa group, lapit ka lang kahit kanino, bibigyan ka ng mga gamit na pinaglumaan na nila para sa apartment mo. Ako noon nabigyan ng 2nd hand na bisikleta at ricecooker. Now isn't that benevolence and a true example of what Utopia is? Wala kaming pake sa relihiyon ng isat isa. Benevolence knows no religion.

#213 p4tr1ck

p4tr1ck

the grandmaster

• (05) Regular
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:25 AM

Groundhog being ignorant is what create chaos in this world..

#214 Snake3yes

Snake3yes

Virgin

• (04) Casual
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

Despite being part of a religion as well.  I would say that a life without one is not necessarily automatic chaos.  What is the basis of good?  How do you know you are doing the right thing? It's simple.  Do not do things that will negatively affect or hurt someone else - physically, emotionally, financially, etc.  If something makes you happy but hurts someone else, then obviously it's not "good."  Now an argument can be made that when it comes to things like love, this is a bit of a gray area.  You don't need a religion to let you know what hurts someone else, you don't need religion to tell you that stealing, even if it benefits you, deprives the person you are stealing from, or any other forms of "sin" as we call it.

Religion, in some way, provides the road signs to good behavior, and some give concepts like hell to use fear as a deterrent from bad behavior.  But a truly good person, even an atheist, would know what is appropriate and what isn't just by knowing what would hurt others and what wouldn't.  My Two cents.

#215 tomagants

tomagants

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Religion: Meaning?  is the belief in and worship of a divine esp a personal God.

In religion we do practice religious traditions/ activities. Since everybody is made according to the image and likeness of God , so when we do practice religion we do become nearer to God.

Faith and  doing good works are two essential virtues that we need to become better. we might be differ in approach but still we wanted to be the radiating image of God. 

#216 arcane123

arcane123

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

There is no moral objectivity without religion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users