The Signs of Aging

You know you're getting older when you're easily annoyed by loud noises, senseless conversations, and stupid young people. You step into a club/bar, and you're first thoughts are, "Man, dafuq is up with all these blinking lights? What the f#&k are they playing? s@%t, is that actually music?"

hahha...i don't even have to enter a bar to say such things about today's music.

on-topic: when instead of wearing yourself out to go places, you'd rather stay home and rest. :lol:

you feel old...

when your knees creak.

and your toes grow cold from the slightest drop in temperature.

when the way you think you look doesn't match what is reflected in the mirror.

when instead of your cleavage, people stare at your roots.

when "the morning after" means a 3-pound weight gain after the sin of eating dessert on top of that garlic rice the night before.

when you become invisible to the opposite sex walking down a street, despite your best sashay or swagger.

when you have to investigate how to pronounce words like 'meme' and internet speak just doesn't register with you.

when any social network you sign on to immediately becomes uncool to the young, from your mere presence on it.

when you say you dance, and people assume you mean ballroom, naturally.

when all the music of your youth is called old-school or classic.

when you lose your train of thought all the time.

...but mostly when your knees creak.

• Like (+1) 1

When you start giving Mercury Drug so much business buying maintenance meds, that's sickening.

When you can't remember where you put the pen you were holding just a second or two ago, that's scary.

When the waiter presumes you have a senior citizen card and asks for it, that's insulting.

When a cute young thing calls you "sir" but you know she actually means "lolo," that's depressing.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about this. I'm in my 50's but I've been with some people who are in their 20's who were having a more difficult time that me climbing stairs. Not that I'm in great shape. I'm not. But I'm surprised to see kids getting tired when I'm not even breaking into a sweat.

Go figure.....

practice lang yan! go into aerobics or weights and climbing stairs is peanuts. 3 years ago after spending so many nights in clubs, i could barely climb stairs of three storey building. everytime i go to a bank, i use the ramp for the disabled. so i went back to the gym and now it's ok to drink without worries of difficulty in climbing