Tulak Or Batak?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2007 at 6:00 PM, Sakristan_Mayor said:

Like most of us, I have driven both. The austin 7 and the morris minor revolutionized the industry by introducing front wheel drive and an east-west engine. Most modern compacts and medium sized cars are based on the same lay-out. Most high performance cars have their drive at the rear. Sans driver aides such as BMW's DSC, Porche's PASM, electronic brake distribution and the likes, which layout makes a better driver's car?

It depends on what the intended performance is, but the industry seems to favor rear wheel drive.

In my limited experience mostly driving rear wheel drive cars, front wheel drive seems more nimble and responsive to turning, but rear wheel drives seem to be packed with more powerful engines.

Front wheel saves on weight and power efficiency since there's no drive shaft adding weight and losing power as energy is transferred to the rear wheels.

So it should be the winner in terms of power and performance, but I can't say definitively.

I have never compared similar cars with different drives, so I can't say that one has definitively better performance. However, you do notice that front wheel drive is more common for more affordable vehicles.

If we're taking the car industry as having tested the performance, I guess we can assume that rear wheel drive beats fron wheel due to market saturation.

I'll take either as long as the car drives well, like a 6-speed Civic.

But if you're gonna drift and do donuts, it needs to be rear wheel.