Bacolod

there's a big possibility the old airport will be reactivated. that will be good news, silay is 45 to 60 minutes away from bacolod depending on the traffic, which is rare in bacolod.

from silay you'll pass talisay, where the old skeleton house (romantically known as The Ruins) still stand, on your way to bacolod. the people are the friendliest i've met. oh yes, mestizas abound!

The (Negros) Showroom is open daily, 9am to 7pm, to serve clients with fine taste for unusual quality craft products. the place is a showcase of ilonggo creativity and craftsmanship in clothes, trinkets, sculptures, food, etc.

the city itself is old so expect their cuisine to be influenced by chinese, spanish, malayan and filipino way of cooking. it's eclectic, yummy and INEXPENSIVE! 18th Pala-Pala is their equivalent of our Dampa.

guys, share your bacolod trips here ...

Edited by remoteworld

I hope it is true that they are re-opening the airport in Bacolod. I was there two weeks ago and i must say going out from the silay-airport going to bacolod is quite a long trip plus traffic. what more for those people na walang sundo, wherein the airport is not easily accessible for public transport.

For Bacolod specialties, try the following establishments - Bar21 (batchoy); Business INN (kansi); Bobs (palabok, sati babi & fruit punch), Calea (Cakes) and Bong-Bongs or Merci (pasalubong treats).

• Like (+1) 1

I hope it is true that they are re-opening the airport in Bacolod. I was there two weeks ago and i must say going out from the silay-airport going to bacolod is quite a long trip plus traffic. what more for those people na walang sundo, wherein the airport is not easily accessible for public transport.

For Bacolod specialties, try the following establishments - Bar21 (batchoy); Business INN (kansi); Bobs (palabok, sati babi & fruit punch), Calea (Cakes) and Bong-Bongs or Merci (pasalubong treats).

i remember there's bongbong's at the airport, they also sell Island Souvenirs t-shirts.

i have 2 big clients at bacolod and their properties happen to be near the old airport. this time they are very conscious about the height of the structures. they heard it from a grapevine somewhere that bacolod wants to revive the old airport for some airlines. from my point of view, ok para sa akin, although there's this silay seaside resto in balaring we always go to, kaya ok lang din kung silay pa rin.

is MACHO still open, both its massage parlor and club? a friend is asking

for the more adventurous group, i suggest going to Mambukal, which is at the base of Kanlaon Volcano

Edited by remoteworld

i remember there's bongbong's at the airport, they also sell Island Souvenirs t-shirts.

i have 2 big clients at bacolod and their properties happen to be near the old airport. this time they are very conscious about the height of the structures. they heard it from a grapevine somewhere that bacolod wants to revive the old airport for some airlines. from my point of view, ok para sa akin, although there's this silay seaside resto we always go to, kaya ok lang din kung silay pa rin.

is MACHO still open, both its massage parlor and club? a friend is asking

for the more adventurous group, i suggest going to Mambukal, which is at the base of Kanlaon Volcano

for the benefit of those who commute in going/leaving the new bacolod silay airport, this tip is for you..

In going to the airport, go to the waiting shed area near the silay public plaza. fare would cost P50/head.make sure there's an ample time as there will be a tendency that you will wait there for 10-20 mins waiting for some more passengers. In leaving the airport, you may go straight outside of the airport vicinity. a trike would only cost you around P10-20 depending on your baggage. there's also a van available for P50/head.

if you have "sundo", i suggest going straight to brgy balaring for some seafood menu...

for nightlife, goldenfield remains the only destination. i prefer sweet lips.mas maganda mga babae dun, mautak nga lng din.lol be clear lang sa expectations mo if ever mag VIP ka.

hope this helps.:rolleyes:

for the benefit of those who commute in going/leaving the new bacolod silay airport, this tip is for you..

In going to the airport, go to the waiting shed area near the silay public plaza. fare would cost P50/head.make sure there's an ample time as there will be a tendency that you will wait there for 10-20 mins waiting for some more passengers. In leaving the airport, you may go straight outside of the airport vicinity. a trike would only cost you around P10-20 depending on your baggage. there's also a van available for P50/head.

if you have "sundo", i suggest going straight to brgy balaring for some seafood menu...

for nightlife, goldenfield remains the only destination. i prefer sweet lips.mas maganda mga babae dun, mautak nga lng din.lol be clear lang sa expectations mo if ever mag VIP ka.

hope this helps.:rolleyes:

balaring is one good place to go for your lunch or dinner. sad to say, these seaside restos (serving fresh seafoods of course) are not open till 9am. very scenic though, the restaurants are standing on seawater

Bacolod .. My favorites would be the kansi from this city. Aboy's , Kerrs lechon, Roli's,.. Of course I can never forget the girls Carding provides at Goldenfield. Fine dining at hbm prices this was way back in the 90's Rumors was still open then.

for those who are lucky enough to go as far as mambukal resort, the 'dampa' type of stalls there cook quite well what you may consider as 'lutong bahay'.

some oldtimers, like myself, still consider 'chicken inasal' at Manokan Country to be the authentic and the best. bacolod is considered as the beer capital of the philippines and Manokan Country as the longest row of beerhouses. during Masskara nights this row is filled with people eating and drinking in the street. prudent health food advocates may consider their inasals as greasy but that's really the way it should be. and what better way to eat the greasy chicken but gulping it down with a cold beer?

Edited by remoteworld
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...