An all veggie BIBIMBAP (though I can't remember what its called in korean)

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz142/DevilAsmodeus/IMG_2144.jpg

Some of the ingredients are quite unfamiliar to me.

Scrumptious! I think the ingredient at the 10 o'clock of this photo is ODEN [fishcake]. Oden is added to a lot of Korean dishes, and can stand on its own as a side dish :)

Or maybe it's something else. :D

Scrumptious! I think the ingredient at the 10 o'clock of this photo is ODEN [fishcake]. Oden is added to a lot of Korean dishes, and can stand on its own as a side dish :)

Or maybe it's something else. :D

its probably something else ....... definitly not fish since its an all veggie dish. (of which ..... is egg considered as meat??)

This is the Korean Mango [known to the world as Persimmon, and to us, Filipinos as Mabolo]

*There's a Mabolo tree in my backyard but I've never eaten this fruit until a Korean family served me one. I cannot appreciate this fruit's taste (wala naman yata talaga akong taste?) but I guess it won't be called Fruit for the Gods for nothing. Here in my province, everyone ignores this fruit. I have never seen one person here eat this. But among Koreans, this fruit is a hit. Hmmm. :)

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/8210/persimmon.jpg

I did see those korean restaurants as I passed by the Kalayaan avenue area (just pass trellis coming from the Circle)

Any FR if these establishments are good ???? are they being patronized by korean nationals ??

already tried those 2 resto there, its a middle priced korean resto, and cooking and preperation is quite good :rolleyes:

maybe you want to try a korean buffet style resto, its located in sm cyberzone northmall 2nd floor, 650 per head "soul garden" i normally eat there 3x a week and i really loved their setup :blush: i like it there more compared to "yaki mix"(not pure korean buffet) :rolleyes:

tnx

Edited by airgunmarrio

already tried those 2 resto there, its a middle priced korean resto, and cooking and preperation is quite good :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm will have to schedule a trip there.

maybe you want to try a korean buffet style resto, its located in sm cyberzone northmall 2nd floor, 650 per head "soul garden" i normally eat there 3x a week and i really loved their setup :blush: i like it there more compared to "yaki mix"(not pure korean buffet) :rolleyes:

tnx

I tried that establishment already, the name of the resto is SEOUL GARDEN ....... and I absolutely didn't like it. I would actually just take my chances with Yakimix.

• 2 weeks later...

There is this paste that you mix to hot rice that makes the rice red and spicy. Anyone know what its called? It was served to me once in an Korean Air flight.

You might be referring to Gochu Jang. It's the Korean hot pepper paste. :)

I have been in three different korean restaurants in makati, bagiuo, and quezon city, I have been looking for my favorite KALBI, marinated short ribs, nowhere to be found. They all have galbi, but not my favored KALBI beef. where can I find this dish in manila, Help!!

Sorry medyo na-confuse ako. As far as I know Kalbi and Galbi are the same dish.

Yup thanks thats it.

Can you post a recipe we can try with local ingredients? And the korean beef stew?

Oh, I'm so sorry I have never cooked any Korean dish. But a Korean mom served me liempo Korean style. I don't know exactly how she did it, but there were no fancy ingredients except liempo and the usual stuff for sauteing. The result, liempo 100 times more delicious. Anyway, it really looked like a straight out sauteed dish, so maybe you can just experiment? Good luck and let me know what happens!

By the way, I gave manggang hilaw to a Korean kid. He got gochu jjang and ate the mangga with it like we eat manggang hilaw with bagoong. Try it? :)

all this talk is making me want to troupe to maru.

the food is great, its just the stainless chopsticks that are a bit annoying...

hehehehehehe...

Ah, yes, one needs a lot of practice on the stainless chopsticks. The wooden ones are easy, the stainless ones a real challenge! A Korean mom gave me all her kitchen stuff when she left for Korea, so I got all the practice I needed. But now that I haven't held chopsticks for a while, I just might screw up when I eat in a Korean resto again. :lol:

This is the Korean Mango [known to the world as Persimmon, and to us, Filipinos as Mabolo]

*There's a Mabolo tree in my backyard but I've never eaten this fruit until a Korean family served me one. I cannot appreciate this fruit's taste (wala naman yata talaga akong taste?) but I guess it won't be called Fruit for the Gods for nothing. Here in my province, everyone ignores this fruit. I have never seen one person here eat this. But among Koreans, this fruit is a hit. Hmmm. :)

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/8210/persimmon.jpg

my fave fruit! i dont think the persimmon and mabolo are the same though. the mabolo fruit is more "bready" in texture. the persimmon is almost like a chico.

its an awesome, sweet treat and usually comes out during the winter time. i actually have 2 as my "baon" today! :D

I have been in three different korean restaurants in makati, bagiuo, and quezon city, I have been looking for my favorite KALBI, marinated short ribs, nowhere to be found. They all have galbi, but not my favored KALBI beef. where can I find this dish in manila, Help!!

Is what you're looking for something like this ????

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz142/DevilAsmodeus/korean%20food/IMG_2417.jpg

I'm not all too familiar with what they are called (sometimes I just point out the pictures on their menu) but definitly the one in the pic is marinated beef. :)

Right, that's Kalbi! yum :)

@Knoll1234: If you were served pork, not marinated, sliced into thin strips (almost like liempo), cooked the same was as the picture above, served with rice + lettuce + gochujjang or a paste made of oil and errr..something grainy, that's SAMGYEOPSAL. :)

Right, that's Kalbi! yum :)

@Knoll1234: If you were served pork, not marinated, sliced into thin strips (almost like liempo), cooked the same was as the picture above, served with rice + lettuce + gochujjang or a paste made of oil and errr..something grainy, that's SAMGYEOPSAL. :)

oooooh so tama pala ako. hehehehehehe

I'm just waiting for the MTC server to stabilize so that I can post more korean food trip pics in the FOOD TRIP FR THREAD. (actually a lot of the pics will show the BAN CHAN)

oooooh so tama pala ako. hehehehehehe

I'm just waiting for the MTC server to stabilize so that I can post more korean food trip pics in the FOOD TRIP FR THREAD. (actually a lot of the pics will show the BAN CHAN)

Ah I thought I was the only one having probs with this site.

Anyway, will look forward to the Korean Food FR. I hope to eat really good Korean food when I get to Manila (very soon) but unfortunately no more moms to cook for me! :( so I have to get the food at a nice resto.

Yes, Ban Chan photos would be good! Some restos just serve diff. kinds of kimchi as Ban Chan and that's no good for me 'cause I still have not acquired the taste of kimchi. Tsk. One of my favorite Ban Chan is this fish (looks like dilis), spicy, a bit salty and a bit sweet. Parang lutong Pinoy lang. :D

Ah I thought I was the only one having probs with this site.

Anyway, will look forward to the Korean Food FR. I hope to eat really good Korean food when I get to Manila (very soon) but unfortunately no more moms to cook for me! :( so I have to get the food at a nice resto.

Yes, Ban Chan photos would be good! Some restos just serve diff. kinds of kimchi as Ban Chan and that's no good for me 'cause I still have not acquired the taste of kimchi. Tsk. One of my favorite Ban Chan is this fish (looks like dilis), spicy, a bit salty and a bit sweet. Parang lutong Pinoy lang. :D

ahahahaha ..... i think may pic ako nun.

fave ko din yan amongst the ban chan

Edited by asmodeus
  • 2 months later...