Today's music is garbage

ricardo23

I believe in the saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In the case of music, it's in the ear of the listener. What is garbage for you may be music to someone else's ears. What makes one appreciate one kind of music and detest another is based on our upbringing and by the society we live in. There are many possible combinations of this. That is why we have many different kinds/genre of music. And for each genre of music, there is a group of people who appreciate and listen to it. Otherwise it will not flourish and cease to exist.

Edited by spick

Today's music is great but has no appeal to me at least its good for the moment but at least in my view will never make as big an impact as the music of the 90's maybe it's just that I'm in a different part of my life where music plays a very different role. In any case It's not garbage its just not that special, It doesn't stop me from enjoying it, and yes even JB tunes can be enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

Non garbage lyrics is lyrics that have deeper impact on the listener, i know there are some good music ,but compared to 80's or 90's it has no match, but its just my opinion and each has their own taste

And in todays music is like a fad, uso lang ngayun,pero wla n nakininig pag di na uso

You just need to look harder, as another poster said. You'll be surprised.

Take the first step by quitting on mainstream music.

There are many unheralded musicians, bands, out there who are there for nothing more than making

awesome music founded on deep lyrics.

2nd step: widen your horizon by not confining your listening to a specific genre.

music can be fast, slow, loud, soft, and easy.

chill. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...

ang problema kasi ngayon......puro american idol or voice etc....tsu tsu...bumabase sa boses na lang, kasi di makagawa ng sariling kanta, kung tutuusin kahit mga anak ko kaya mga ganoon boses, kasi puede opratice....ang gusto ko sana, sana mayroon lumabas na magaling...katulad nila john lennon, ian curtis, morrissey etc ...na katulad nila na singeer, songwriter pa...ngayon puro revive......kahit mga pinoy ngyaon walang kakwenta kwenta..........pero payo ko lang....maraming kanta pa dati na hidni nyo pa narinig sa radio.....mag search kayo...tutal swerte ngayon may internet na, di katulad namin dati ang hirap maghanap......

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In fairness, Taylor Swift writes or sings good songs. Sa OPM naman, Yeng Constantino songs have good following. It is not only the message pero yung novelty nandiyan tapos yung style ng delivery hindi masyadong umaasa sa kung ano ang uso (Google: auto-tune, namechecking brand names especially in hip hop).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This argument is totally subjective.

What might be "garbage" to some might be not be for others.

We can debate all we want but there would be definite answer to this one.

You can't say that Nirvana's music is garbage if you like "come as you are" and hate "all apologies".

Nope. Not subjective. There's crap music and then there's art, and I don't know what the hell today's music is but it sure ain't art.

I can't be the only one who thinks One Direction, Justin Bieber, 5 Seconds of Summer and the like are just tired rehashes of the 90's blonde-and-tanned boyband era.

And that Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, and all these new up-and-coming artists are just too close for comfort to their influences who were successful because they were innovators.

I can't believe how difficult good music comes by nowadays. It took me months to discover Channel Orange, D'Angelo or even Sunbather!

I guess underground is the way to go for the rest of us with seasoned ears.

• 2 weeks later...

singers.. musicians.. technicians are superior than the past decades.. look at Lady Gaga at the Academy awards... at Miley Cyrus when she's singing and not undressing..at the winners of reality contests like the Voice.. American Idol..and other talents shows..etc.. The problem lies with the songs being written today.. Too much emotion..BUT TOO LITTLE OR NO MELODY AT ALL.. try humming or whistling their tune.. impossible.. too many lyrics..not enough music to carry it through.. computers are the bane??? not at all.. it's the musicians total dependence on them that is the culprit.. The Grammy's have noticed the lethargy that is the music scene of today.. A good example would be Adele (she's a great singer.. in any musical era) award-winning rendition of the James Bond theme SKYFALL.. it was old school keeping to tradition of all the previous Bond themes.. THEN CAME . LET IT GO from Frozen,, it won the award.. but was it memorable..??? hardly..