Originals Or Revivals

Of course, originals parin... most revivals do not have the emotion that was present in the original songs... like "Upside Down" , "Especially for You" and ... "Kapag Tumibok ang Puso" :D

Well, I can't fault artists from trying to give a modern twist to their interpretations of popular songs pero sana lang maganda... not just a watered down version of the original...

Well, revivals are also good for the original artists. They continue receiving royalties from the use of their songs even when pa-relax-relax na lang sila. Kaya ang yaman ni Sir Paul eh - sa dami ng cover versions ng 'Yesterday' :thumbsupsmiley:

I have always liked Frank Sinatra's cover versions of great song classics and also Tony Bennett's. Lately, Rod Stewart's covers of American classics and other great rock songs are also really good. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

i think the key here would be creativity. Originals are great since they are created with brainstorming and a lot of emotion and technicality is placed to create a song, a song that is both lyrically and rhythmically good.

In terms of revivals naman, the creativity should be higher than the original. The artist should portray the song with conviction and not just sing/perform it for the sake that they like the song or for the sake of the audience. But revivals are brave to come up with a rendition gambling if it would be a flop or a hit.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...