you wanna know why otso diretso lost? It's not because they are on LP.

It's primarily because they were so focused on targeting Pres. Duterte rather than promoting their platforms sa masa. Yes, social media is a big platform and it really saves money BUT if you think about it, not all filipinos are in these so called social media platforms and the way they deliver/explain it are only understandable by the educated ones. how about the filipinos that are not capable of fully comprehending it? It is also a really bad move to attack a president with almost 80% approval rate. i'm not a dilawan nor a DDS but I think the liberal party just lacked marketing strategy. Sure, they have an outstanding lineup but then again RECALL is an important thing when you're campaigning. It's only my opinion though. Same as all of your sentiments, I too only want what's best for the country. haha peace out!

• Like (+1) 1

Vico Sotto seems to be an erudite and just young man. That is my first impression. I think he will make Pasig better.

He should be careful. Eusebio's supporters who are still dominant in Pasig City Hall may conspire against him.

He will need his uncle's support and he should always watch his back.

He should be careful. Eusebio's supporters who are still dominant in Pasig City Hall may conspire against him.

They could but he probably knows which city hall employees to watch out for. Moreover, Vico told Karen Davila during an interview that 55% of city hall positions are still vacant. It goes without saying that those 55% will be loyal to Vico because it is with his approval that city hall employees are hired. I see a bright political future for this young man.

Edited by will robie

Some employees are already doing something against Vico Sotto and Sen. Sotto already vocal about it. Crab mentality kasi gagawin dito ng mga Eusebio tapos sisisihin si Vico sa next election.

Also siguradong maraming epleyado sa munisipyo ang maapektuhan sa mga kickback nila.

Edited by haroots2

Some employees are already doing something against Vico Sotto and Sen. Sotto already vocal about it. Crab mentality kasi gagawin dito ng mga Eusebio tapos sisisihin si Vico sa next election.

Also siguradong maraming epleyado sa munisipyo ang maapektuhan sa mga kickback nila.

Isko should now prove his mettle. I believe he can make Manila a premiere city again. I expect him to fix the traffic and tow the cars who park on the side streets.

Those who voted for Vico should go the extra mile to support him and help him succeed.

Vico is only 29 years old. Very young.

He hasn't consolidated yet his power base in Pasig.

He is vulnerable to political sabotage by Eusebio's political allies within Pasig City Hall.

• 4 weeks later...

is it really rigged?

No. I don't think it's rigged.

I think its a fairly good reflection of the voters' choices, including Bong Revilla's and Lito Lapid's win.

Nakakalungkot man, na mas binigyang-tiwala ng mga botante sila Revilla at Lapid kaysa sa mga ibang kandidato tulad ni Doc Willie Ong, Rafael Alunan, etc.... , nakakatuwa pa rin at ni-reject nila ang Otso Diretso.

One thing is very clear based on election results -- people are sick and tired of partisan politics. They want Senate and the House of Representatives to cooperate in the reforms, program of government, and budget with the Office of the President. Tama na away pulitika. Trabaho na.

Edited by camiar
  • 9 months later...