docs, what is more accurate FBS (fasting blood sugar) or RBS (random blood sugar)? my father is a TYPE2 diabetic,age 64 po. Once na diabetic po ba lifetime na po yan and maintenance na talaga sa gamot? he is taking metformin and euglocon.

to state it in simple terms, FBS is more accurate than RBS because disturbing events such as food intake are avoided which makes accurate monitoring of blood glucose levels very difficult..

with regards to your father, type 2 DM is primarily a progressive disease and is often initially managed by increasing exercise and dietary modification.. medications are typically needed as the disease runs it`s course. the medications prescribed to diabetics are usually what the attending physician would see fit for their patients.

:mtc:

• 11 months later...

One more question po... Pag galing ako sa labas then pumasok sa room or sa movie house hirap mag adjust yung eyesight ko, as in sobrang labo and di ako makabasa... Then after 1 minute or 5 minutes magiging ok na yung eyesight ko.

Some one told me that baka daw pumuputok yung ugat ko sa mata dahil sa diabetis. Can this be prevented? Well, Im planning to get my blood tested tomorrow.

Meron po ba food na mabilis magpababa ng blood sugar? Im eating ampalaya for breakfast and dinner without rice.

• 10 months later...

One more question po... Pag galing ako sa labas then pumasok sa room or sa movie house hirap mag adjust yung eyesight ko, as in sobrang labo and di ako makabasa... Then after 1 minute or 5 minutes magiging ok na yung eyesight ko.

Some one told me that baka daw pumuputok yung ugat ko sa mata dahil sa diabetis. Can this be prevented? Well, Im planning to get my blood tested tomorrow.

Meron po ba food na mabilis magpababa ng blood sugar? Im eating ampalaya for breakfast and dinner without rice.

diabetes is a serious disease.. if affects many organs, including the eye...from what you said, the first thing i would think of is Vitamin A deficiency, having difficulty coming from dark places (moviehouses) to bright places (streets)...diabetes can also cause edema of the eye pero wala siyang preference kung galing ng sinehan. the good news is that diabetes can be controlled...so have yourself check by a physician...kung walang budget go to a government hospital as long as magpatingin ka

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

I just want to add an additional information.

did you all know that when you have diabetes you could avail of the 20% discount in your medicine in any drugstore?

The Department of health has released the Administrative Order No. 2009-0011 (for a copy download here http://autismsocietyph.org/blog/?p=1853 ). It is the guidelines to implement the provision of RA 9442 otherwise known as the Magna Carta for disabled person.

According to this A.O. persons with chronic disease (such as diabetes, etc.) is already considered as person with disability. thus he/she could avail of the 20% discount on medicines and other...

How to avail of this privilege?

1. Go to your attending physician and ask for your clinical abstract.

2. Prepare several pictures (I dont know how many)

3. Go to the Municipal/City DSWD (where you live) and ask for a application form and fill it up and submit it.

You would receive an ID (I think it's similar to that of a senior citizen) and a booklet for your purchase....

I hope this would help you ease the burden of purchasing your medicine...If your drugstore does not accept your card read this http://www.remate.ph/2011/02/mercury-drug-kinasuhan-sa-hindi-pagbibigay-ng-20-discount-sa-pwds/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys,

did you all know that when you have diabetes you could avail of the 20% discount in your medicine in any drugstore?

The Department of health has released the Administrative Order No. 2009-0011 (for a copy download here http://autismsocietyph.org/blog/?p=1853 ). It is the guidelines to implement the provision of RA 9442 otherwise known as the Magna Carta for disabled person.

According to this A.O. persons with chronic disease (such as diabetes, etc.) is already considered as person with disability. thus he/she could avail of the 20% discount on medicines and other...

3. Go to the Municipal/City DSWD (where you live) and ask for a application form and fill it up and submit it.

You would receive an ID (I think it's similar to that of a senior citizen) and a booklet for your purchase....

I hope this would help you ease the burden of purchasing your medicine...If your drugstore does not accept your card read this http://www.remate.ph/2011/02/mercury-drug-kinasuhan-sa-hindi-pagbibigay-ng-20-discount-sa-pwds/

Nice info ^_^

Guys,

thanks sa info sir

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Guys,

The Department of health has released the Administrative Order No. 2009-0011 (for a copy download here http://autismsociety...rg/blog/?p=1853 ). It is the guidelines to implement the provision of RA 9442 otherwise known as the Magna Carta for disabled person.

I hope this would help you ease the burden of purchasing your medicine...If your drugstore does not accept your card read this http://www.remate.ph...scount-sa-pwds/

Very interesting.B) Thanks mate!

• 1 month later...

DM is a lifestyle disease which is sad to say prone tayong lahat....

and manifistation is differ from people to people.

once you have been diagnosed.

1. wag mag papataba.. maintain mo yung proper Body mass index

2. lahat ng intake is in moderation

3. DM wont k*ll you complication will pag pinabayaan mo

• 3 months later...

mga ser..pa join po ha,,di po ako ang diabetic..ung father ko po diagnosed this year lang and got a stroke..thats why na diagnosed na diabetic xa..now maintaining above 100 sugar level..i want to know more mga ser...thanks!

I noticed that in some people who have their blood tested negative for diabetics less than every 3 months, their blood sugar increases whenever they have a stroke, why?

• 4 months later...

I noticed that in some people who have their blood tested negative for diabetics less than every 3 months, their blood sugar increases whenever they have a stroke, why?

A lot of diseases, especially severe ones, can cause elevated blood sugar levels. This is in part of the action of counterregulatory hormones like gluacogon, adrenaline/epinephrine, cortisol which are usually elevated in responese but may also counteract insulin where its role is like the keycard to the locks in your cells for glucose/sugar to enter. Usually they are transient and would normalize in a few weeks to months but if not managed carefully, may lead to a full blown Type 2 Diabetes. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Diabetes affects your blood vessels and almost all your body contains blood vessels it's the reason why blood vessel rich organs are primarily affected like your kidney and eyes wherein you need to get your eyes checked to avoid diabetic retinopathy. You cannot reverse it's effects but you can control it's progression if you have your sugar under control then it's as if you don't have any disease and deleterious complications of diabetes. Have your hba1c checked every 3 months to see if your sugar is under control

• 2 weeks later...

Doc, which has the most definitive laboratory exam for type1 and type 2 diabetes and why?

Regular blood tests are not enought to define between type1 and type 2 diabetes. Main pathology of type 1 diabetes is islet cell destruction leading to low insulin production. Main pathology of type 2 diabetes is insulin resistance which means tissues are not that susceptible to insulin. Both though are treated with the same medications, type 1 diabetes just usually manifests earlier

Diabetes Mellitus diagnosis (both type 1 and type 2) can be obtained by 1) high FBS >126, 2) high HBa1c >7.0, 3) high 2 hr post prandial blood sugar >200. This is based on current diabetes guidelines.

• 3 months later...