Proud To Be Fat?

Since I'm here anyway....

Not all Fat people are unhealthy.

Not all Slim and trim people are healthy.

Not all diets ensure that one can be healthy.

Some people eat heavily (like myself and a few others I know), but remain slim without the of debilitating conditions such as anorexia nervosa and bohemia.

Some people ARE genetically predisposed to being on the broadside, and some are not.

As such, WEIGHT is not a clear indication of one's health, and eating a healthy is a double-edge sword.

chunky, i have to disagree with you on your first statement that not all fat people are unhealthy. what makes you say so? and i think you already met and seen blackcat already.

although with the rest of your statements, i have to agree a hundred percent.

Edited by Google

:P ...FYI

ako lang ang may karapatan sa thread na to!!!

Im FAT and proud of it! !!! ...ayan.... :P

sabi ni misis...love handle lang daw yun....hehehe o dba???

:P

so peeps...just drop it like its HOT

para naman tayong hindi mga pinoy nyan....

ang ..."pikon...talo" ;)

MTC ..let's continue to have FUN!!! :cool:

pssst.....ako yung fafa ni blackcat

HEHEHE... I wish ;)

http://www.everdisturbed.com/manila/photos/caged1.jpg

Edited by suzuki
I really don't want to offend anybody with my statement... I'm just curious why people ... who are obviously have a larger body than the average sized people would say that they are proud to be fat rather than taking time to commit themselves in regualr exercise and diet..... did they lost their will to trim down or what?  I used to be really fat when I felt that I need to trim down when I was in highschool.... kasi panget na nga ako then it would be complemented by my very big belly...  kay todo exercise ako at diet.. pero not to the extent of torturing myself.....  lahat ng tao pwde magpapayat ..... they just need time and determination.. pati discipline... pero bakit ang daming gustong maging large framed sila for life? Why? not to offend kasi marami din ako friends na large...

This is the topic Mr. Chunky. I answered it and gave my views about it kaya ako andito. Cheers! :)

Anyway, being overweight/fat is really not healthy. Anything in excessive is not right. I think everyone knows that. Suzuki, kung love handles lang, okay lang yan, wag lang overweight.. kse di na maganda sa health mo yun. Eat sensibly na lang, I'm sure you have enough cardio activities already (hehehe)... it's for your own good mister. Mmwah! :*

This is the topic Mr. Chunky.  I answered it and gave my views about it kaya ako andito. Cheers! :)

Anyway, being overweight/fat is really not healthy.  Anything in excessive is not right.  I think everyone knows that.  Suzuki, kung love handles lang, okay lang yan, wag lang overweight.. kse di na maganda sa health mo yun.  Eat sensibly na lang, I'm sure you have enough cardio activities already (hehehe)... it's for your own good mister.  Mmwah!  :*

Again, with that being your point, it really depends. There are people who are,well, fat, but are diagnosed HEALTHY by doctors, because of their bone structure. What is unhealthy, is people who can't support the additional weight they put in everyday with the bones they are born with.

I am slim, but I am not eating healthy (though, I try to balance it whenever I can). The outside appearance is HARDLY an indicator of one's health. There are people who LOOK healthy, but have high cholesterol levels (not that I do). There are people with washboard abs and muscular bodies, but suffer illnesses brought on by the lack of necessary nutrients that are lost during dieting.

Now, if one is big boned and predisposed to being on the heavyside, one needs to accept it. DEPRESSION is a far worse condition than being fat itself.

Besides, love yourself for what you are. And people will know it. They will appreciate you more for it.

chunky,  i have to disagree with you on your first statement that not all fat people are unhealthy. what makes you say so?  and i think you already met and seen blackcat already.

although with the rest of your statements, i have to agree a hundred percent.

Because I know people who have lived longer and healthier lives than those deemed healthy. Health is not just in the physical, but MENTAL as well.

Overly dieting people, or those who care too much how they look, are UNHEALTHY people in my book.

As for Black Cat, I haven't met her. I only noted her picture in the gallery, but since anyone can post ANY picture, I'll reserve judgement when I see her in person (no offense meant BC).

Guest Dobermaxx

I'm a big guy. I wouldn't say I'm proud to be fat but I'm not ashamed of it either. I haven't always been big. In my younger days I was in great shape. I'm in a happy marriage, I'm pretty successful professionally and I enjoy my life. Who cares if I'm big, I'm happy. :)

I suppose the real issue here is whether one's self esteem should suffer on account of body mass. I think it shouldn't, although it would be nice if we were all physically healthy, a low self esteem would definitely agravate things. And like Dobermaxx says, its more important if you're happy with everything else. Cant say Im proud to be fat, but im fine with it. B)

I suppose the real issue here is whether one's self esteem should suffer on account of body mass. I think it shouldn't, although it would be nice if we were all physically healthy, a low self esteem would definitely agravate things. And like Dobermaxx says, its more important if you're happy with everything else. Cant say Im proud to be fat, but im fine with it.  B)

I agree... :cool: ;)

Mr. Chunky, I would like to point out that what we've been discussing here is more of the "general rule".. of course, it's already a given that in every rule, there is an exception. B) If someone is overweight or underweight.. well, both conditions are not the average di ba.. might as well do something to correct it. I didn't say though that it is automatically unhealthy. But the possibility that is is indeed unhealthy should be taken into consideration since it is not within average. If you have taken the CBC, take note that the normal amounts are indicated beside your actual count. That's what I'm talking about... being overweight/underweight is not normal.

Anyway, if one is happy with the way he/she is.. I think anyone's unfair judgement towards looks shouldn't matter. If one is really happy, you don't need to sour grape on people who has great bodies. I just stated the harsh realities of life.. I wasn't even the author of it. ;)

Guys, I have a question (I hope Mr. Chunky would also answer):

If you're currently hiring an assistant.. 2 ladies were shortlisted.. meaning, they're both intelligent, both came from a good school, and lastly, parehong maganda ang mukha. Ang difference lang, yun isa mataba (hindi chubby ha, mataba!) tapos yun isa sexy. Sino ngayon ang pipiliin nyo? :)

Yun lang po. Cheers everyone! B)

Because I know people who have lived longer and healthier lives than those deemed healthy.  Health is not just in the physical, but MENTAL as well.

Overly dieting people, or those who care too much how they look, are UNHEALTHY people in my book.

As for Black Cat, I haven't met her.  I only noted her picture in the gallery, but since anyone can post ANY picture, I'll reserve judgement when I see her in person (no offense meant BC).

so everything boils down to your personal opinion or just in isolated cases. am i right?

as for blackcat, i know you have seen her in person.... just try to recall every person you met here in MTC.

Guest chunky
so everything boils down to your personal opinion or just in isolated cases. am i right?

as for blackcat, i know you have seen her in person.... just try to recall every person you met here in MTC.

No. I think you've taken it out of context. Although I said "in my book", it happens all the time, and this mental health issue is hardly "isolated". Else, what we need psychologists for?

There are people who are NEVER happy with what they look, and those people will NEVER be healthy. The mind is after all more powerful. A fat person who is at ease with himself is less sickly and generally happier than a slim or average built person who is mentally unstable.

As for black cat, no, I have not met her. Why would you insist that I have? Unless you know her of having another handle before her current one.

Guest chunky
I agree...  :cool: ;)

Mr. Chunky,  I would like to point out that what we've been discussing here is more of the "general rule".. of course, it's already a given that in every rule, there is an exception.  B)  If someone is overweight or underweight.. well, both conditions are not the average di ba.. might as well do something to correct it.  I didn't say though that it is automatically unhealthy.  But the possibility that is is indeed unhealthy should be taken into consideration since it is not within average.  If you have taken the CBC, take note that the normal amounts are indicated beside your actual count.  That's what I'm talking about... being overweight/underweight is not normal.

Anyway, if one is happy with the way he/she is.. I think anyone's unfair judgement towards looks shouldn't matter.  If one is really happy, you don't need to sour grape on people who has great bodies.  I just stated the harsh realities of life.. I wasn't even the author of it.  ;)

Guys, I have a question (I hope Mr. Chunky would also answer):

If you're currently hiring an assistant.. 2 ladies were shortlisted.. meaning, they're both intelligent, both came from a good school, and lastly, parehong maganda ang mukha.  Ang difference lang, yun isa mataba (hindi chubby ha, mataba!) tapos yun isa sexy.  Sino ngayon ang pipiliin nyo?  :)

Yun lang po.  Cheers everyone! B)

That's an unfair question, to me, and the two ladies, but let me answer it anyway.

Let's assume that the 3 of us are all SMART and analytical. Also note that I am an unconventional thinker.

1. I would be biased, I would either hire both or neither. I'm hiring an assistant, not marrying one.

2. The slim lady will DEFINITELY think she has an advantage, and as such, will definitely use her charms WITH her intelligence. Let's admit it: women know how powerful beauty can be.

3. The Fat lady will DEFINITELY think she has an advantage. and as such, will definitely use her charms WITH her intelligence. Let's admit it: women know how powerful THEY can be.

4. None of the above will ever know what the other two thought of the situation, especially myself.

5. I would ask my wife or GF her opinion (I prefer intelligent women who are confident of who they are, no matter how they look). I'll hire the one she did not choose. Now try to figure out the psychology behind that choice, and you will know why MENTAL health (ergo, self-esteem in this case) reigns supreme.

If I was god, I would have created everyone and everything beautiful, because I am an artist with a one track mind.

But if I did that, would we even be existing today discussing which beautiful is which?

chunky, your answer shows indecision. You need to make a choice on your own, one not revolving around what your wife or girlfriend thinks.

In the real world, all things being equal, good-looking people always have the advantage. Life's unfair, but hey, that's the way it is.

I'm not fat.

Guest chunky
chunky, your answer shows indecision. You need to make a choice on your own, one not revolving around what your wife or girlfriend thinks.

In the real world, all things being equal, good-looking people always have the advantage. Life's unfair, but hey, that's the way it is.

I'm not fat.

I would have to disagree. My answer is not a show indesicion on my part, but rather a show of analysis. I will not decide based on an obvious bias (mine, that is). I may not be entirely objective about it, especially when the question posed, regardless of the intellectual aspects injected in it, remains aesthetic.

Not that I lack objectivity.

I'm an artist, a "visual" person. Though I always look for intellect, I am biased towards beauty (again, this has to be redefined).

So, at the end of the day, I refuse to answer a biased question with biased judgement.

That's an unfair question, to me, and the two ladies, but let me answer it anyway. 

I know.. pero nangyayari talaga yan... di ba? :)

Podweed... Chunky chose the sexy one.. pinaikot lang nya, pero yun ang pinili nya. ;)

Google, I've never met Chunky. Anyway, I don't need anybody's (from the net) judgement or approval that I look good. More than enough na sa kin yun reaction ng mga ka-interact ko in real life. B) Besides, does one need to have a great body just to post a view that being fat is generally unhealthy (and disadvantageous)? I don't think so.... :)

Speaking of mental health issues.. again, the scenarios you have presented Mr. Chunky are more of the exceptions. Anyway, sabi nga, ang tao raw, normal na walang contentment sa buhay.. pero syempre it's just a state of the mind na naman. One may choose to be contented and stay the way he/she is. While the other one may strive harder to achieve what he/she wants in life (bakit, lahat ba ng nagi-strive rin for perfection automatic na sakitin? :blink: ). In short, case to case basis yan.. wala yun sa pagiging mataba o mapayat.

Eto pinost na dati: Bakit naman nagta-thrive ang mga slimming business kung mas okey maging mataba? :huh:

Edited by black cat
I would have to disagree.  My answer is not a show indesicion on my part, but rather a show of analysis.  I will not decide based on an obvious bias (mine, that is).  I may not be entirely objective about it, especially when the question posed, regardless of the intellectual aspects injected in it, remains aesthetic.

Not that I lack objectivity.

I'm an artist, a "visual" person.  Though I always look for intellect, I am biased towards beauty (again, this has to be redefined).

So, at the end of the day, I refuse to answer a biased question with biased judgement.

Your bias shows, but that's beside the point. What I drove at was to show your indecision, or analysis if it pleases you, because being asked to choose between two applicants, one fat and the other not, your decision would hinge on another's opinion. Decide on your own, chunky.

What if you were single and unattached and needed to hire an assistant in a hurry? You wouldn't be able to resort to no. 5 now, would you?

Your piece is full of contradictions. I honestly don't know what you were talking about.

My first post regarding this topic was about the ideal. That looks really shouldn't matter. But that doesn't mean am not aware of the harsh realities in life.

Guest chunky
Your bias shows, but that's beside the point. What I drove at was to show your indecision, or analysis if it pleases you, because being asked to choose between two applicants, one fat and the other not, your decision would hinge on another's opinion. Decide on your own, chunky.

What if you were single and unattached and needed to hire an assistant in a hurry? You wouldn't be able to resort to no. 5 now, would you?

Your piece is full of contradictions. I honestly don't know what you were talking about.

My first post regarding this topic was about the ideal. That looks really shouldn't matter. But that doesn't mean am not aware of the harsh realities in life.

My bias IS the point. Black Cat SPECIFICALLY indicated a SEXY girl and a FAT girl. Intelligence nor facial aesthetics has nothing to do with it. Her question BEGS for my bias to show.

If I'm in a hurry to get an assistant, If I wasn't hitched, I will still ask for another's opinion BECAUSE I'm biased. I will still ask the opinion of another.

Where is the contradiction in that? Oh yes, of course, I CONTRADICTED myself because I am biased. The question itself is ALREADY biased, as a result, I maintain that I will not hire anyone based on a biased assumption. (I know a bit of psychology, if you don't know what I am talking about, ask a shrink).

As for Black Cat, I will ask you to choose for me, and my choice wil be the one you did not choose. Since you immediately assumed I will choose the sexy one, then I will actually CHOOSE the fat one.

And oh, in the real world, I am biased towards CHUBBY women.

Edited by chunky