The FASTEST Way to BETTER Cardio

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately for some people, they were not built to be thin. In an article by Queena Lee-Chua in the Inquirer, "there's a new book out now, "Rethinking Thin: The New Science of Weight Loss and the Myths and Realities of Dieting" by New York Times science writer Gina Kolata. In it she says that Dr. Jeff Friedman of Rockefeller University discovered the obesity gene (found in chromosome 6) which he calls leptin. People who have adequate leptin tend to be thin, while those who lack the molecule, or who have defective ones tend to be fat. It also states that being slightly overweight is not all bad. Studies by statistician Katherine Fiegal of the National Center for Health Statistics and Dr. David Williamson at the Centers for Disease Control find that slightly overweight peoples' death rate were slightly lower than the death rate for so-called normal-weight people. Very obese people have increased death risks, true, but so do very thin people."

read an article last week, here it goes: do your cardio every a.m atleast 30 minutes for 21 days. you'll see the results after completing that routine. :thumbsupsmiley: :lol: B)

Sounds perfectly true, specially if you have not taken your breakfast yet and plunge on a cardio workout for at least 30 minutes... :thumbsupsmiley: This is something that I have not done in a long time, mas effective pa ito kesa sa HIIT in losing unwanted fat...

Burning muscle? Not if you have a high percentage of fat in your body...

Actually, most people with high fat percentages have a loqw amount of lean muscle mass and when they lose weight (the wrong way) they end up burning more muscle than fat and that's why they can't keep the weight off.

To be a more effective fat burning machine, your body must have a good amount of muscle.

would leisure/brisk walking from makati med to sm ayala everyday a good cardio exercise?

It's a good cardio exercise in a sense that it's better than no exercise at all.

Brisk walking is definitely better than a leisurely walk. But the pollution you'll be inhaling from vehicles during heavy traffic would be very harmful.

guys ask ko lang. masama ba one hour sa threadmill? haha. coz this stupid trainer sa gym came up to me and said na wag daw sagadin ng 1 hour un threadmill kasi baka mag overheat un machine. haha. natawa lang ako coz i nvr encoun terd ds sa Slimmers(dati kong gym)

PaceMaster un brand ng machine and bago pa!

guys ask ko lang. masama ba one hour sa threadmill? haha. coz this stupid trainer sa gym came up to me and said na wag daw sagadin ng 1 hour un threadmill kasi baka mag overheat un machine. haha. natawa lang ako coz i nvr encoun terd ds sa Slimmers(dati kong gym)

Spending an hour on the treadmill is not the best way to burn fat off. You will just end up slowing your metabolism downa nd burn muscle istead of fat.

The treadmill may not overheat but you aren't raising your metabolism to make your body a more effective fat burning machine that way.

Spending an hour on the treadmill is not the best way to burn fat off. You will just end up slowing your metabolism downa nd burn muscle istead of fat.

The treadmill may not overheat but you aren't raising your metabolism to make your body a more effective fat burning machine that way.

Do you mean to say that if I set the treadmill at a speed of 12 miles an hour pace I am not raising my metabolism rate? I opined that running is better than lifting weights as a general rule in conditioning one's body. In everthing type of exercise we do, there will always be trade off's.

its not the lenght of time you spend but rather how much your heart can handle. Your fitness consultant should be able to tell you what heart rate zone s appropriate for your age and built. This is where you get the maximum fat burning benefit.

Edited by Jack Bauer

If you're able to run at 12 mph for an hour, that means you are aerobically fit. I mean its no small feat to be able to run 12 miles, that's almost 20 kms which is the distance some Milo competition runs here is. Problem is physical fitness does not mean aerobic fitness only, it includes strength and muscular fitness, and flexibility. That's why physical fitness exams have all these components. Weight loss programs invariably contain weight training so that you will increase muscle mass thereby increasing basal metabolic rate. With increased basal metabolic rate, you increase calorie expenditure even when you are not doing anything. Ultimately it would depend on your goals. If you would like to compete in long distance running, judging from the appearance of Kenyan runners and marathoners, I doubt they do weight training. But then its not necessary for them to lose weight. For over all fitness though, it is recommended that you also add strengthening and flexibility exercises.

Edited by redax

Anaerobic training is much better for fatloss, retaining lean muscle and elevating your metabolism than aerobic training.

The heart rate is honestly another misconception for fatloss. Motocross racers and nascar drivers are art ab out 95% of their heart rate when they race and yet they aren't really the most fit people, yet they do have a decent fitness level.

remember, the secret is to burn more calories than that you consume.

Even in a lot of recent medical findings, lifting weights has been proven to be far better in fat burning than any other exercise.