Keeping The Long Distance Relationship Alive

We live in an age of OFWs and the fact is, LDRs happen to a lot of people. I think it makes a big difference compared to normal relationships and has more risks being away from each other but it also gives couples the opportunity, (maybe unkowingly) to test their faith in each other. I think communication is important and it keeps the love alive, also, if there is a chance for cuoples to be together or live together they should grab that opportunity otherwise plan vacations ahead of time. Planning ahead can keep travel expenses lower and gives you something to look forward to and it also helps you prepare and plan for future expenses. This also gives your partner an assurance that you are doing something to bridge the physical gap that exists because of work, school or whatever is the reason for living apart with each other.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the thread that I dreaded to be in.. because I know it is an emotional one for me..

My ex-gf migrated to Canada this April and we both agreed to end the relationship. We both knew that we are too immature to maintain a relationship without being together physically. We have been together for 4 years, I met here at work. I guess one could say that we were happy. Even though we knew that her family had long been in the process of migrating abroad, we still went on with our relationship as if it will never end. We made plans for our future and dreamed of how our life will be like.

Then it had to end.

When she left, it was as if I was lost. When you've lived a life with someone with you almost everyday of your life for 4 years, it is really a surreal experience when she's gone. We agreed not to contact each other that often, to give each other a chance to move on and maybe find someone..

Then in my moment of solitude (i know, I was not really alone, I had friends and family etc.. but somehow, I did still feel alone) I wanted to fight the feeling. I told myself, "suck it up! you're a man! stop moping around assh@#l! Do something about it."

That is when it hit me! My one moment of guilt in my entire relationship with her.. 2 years ago, when bonding with my high school buddies, one of my friends suggested that we visit a Spa that night, he said. "guys, you will never forget this" that was my first time in a Spa with ES. I enjoyed it, the thrill of legit massage with a twist, but the guilty feeling afterward haunted me. So there were no further visits from me after that.

That was then I realized, since I was single, might as well delve into that and see if that can help make me forget. I searched for a Spa in Makati and discovered MTC. I visited a couple of Spas in the area. But still felt incomplete..

I just couldn't help myself, it didn't even last til the end of April that I was already e-mailing by ex and calling her. We got back together and tried to make the long distance thing work. We both failed completely and utterly.

She even went back here last September, of course she spent all her vacation days in the Phils. with me, but after a few weeks when she got back abroad we ended it again.

I called her 2 days ago and came clean. I confessed all the things (kalokohan) i have been doing since she left. I told her I liked someone else too. It devastated her and hearing her cry, made me weep like a new-born babe. But somehow, it lessened my burden. I am really not into secrets or deceit. It's not in me. Even she said so, she said she somehow had a feeling that something was up with me last September. I know it will take time for us to heal our wounds but we ended that call not shouting or screaming at each other like how we ended some of our calls before.

I know, someday, maybe soon, she will meet someone there. I know that guy will be the luckiest bastard in that continent to have her.

As for me, I will slowly get my bearing and just enjoy this ride, I call my life.

I'm done trying to fill the gaping hole in my chest. If it means i'm like a hollow* walking around with a hole in my chest, then so be it. I am who I am.

Anyway, just wanted to let this all out and make myself feel a little bit better..

If you've taken the time to read it until this point, thanks!

All I wanted to say was, LDR is not for everyone. I salute and admire all of the people who made/makes it work. I do not have that level of maturity or maybe I never will. I'm not sure.

* Bleach analogy. It's an anime, look it up.

• Like (+1) 4
  • 2 weeks later...

what does it take to survive a Long Distance Relationship?

Googles says "Couples in a long-distance relationship call each other every 2.7 days. On average couples in a long-distance relationships will visit each other 1.5 times a month. Also couples in long-distance relationships expect to live together around 14 months into the relationship."

what can you say to that? what are your opinion/advice?

Audreylicious

How come they xame up with these numbers when love is still not measured by numbers.

Masasabi ko lang sa iyo Ms Audreylicious: You're strong, you survive. You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you!

Ms Audreylicious, I am delighted that you liked this post of mine,dedicated to you...from my heart.. to yours...:)

This is the thread that I dreaded to be in.. because I know it is an emotional one for me..

My ex-gf migrated to Canada this April and we both agreed to end the relationship. We both knew that we are too immature to maintain a relationship without being together physically. We have been together for 4 years, I met here at work. I guess one could say that we were happy. Even though we knew that her family had long been in the process of migrating abroad, we still went on with our relationship as if it will never end. We made plans for our future and dreamed of how our life will be like.

Then it had to end.

When she left, it was as if I was lost. When you've lived a life with someone with you almost everyday of your life for 4 years, it is really a surreal experience when she's gone. We agreed not to contact each other that often, to give each other a chance to move on and maybe find someone..

Then in my moment of solitude (i know, I was not really alone, I had friends and family etc.. but somehow, I did still feel alone) I wanted to fight the feeling. I told myself, "suck it up! you're a man! stop moping around assh@#l! Do something about it."

That is when it hit me! My one moment of guilt in my entire relationship with her.. 2 years ago, when bonding with my high school buddies, one of my friends suggested that we visit a Spa that night, he said. "guys, you will never forget this" that was my first time in a Spa with ES. I enjoyed it, the thrill of legit massage with a twist, but the guilty feeling afterward haunted me. So there were no further visits from me after that.

That was then I realized, since I was single, might as well delve into that and see if that can help make me forget. I searched for a Spa in Makati and discovered MTC. I visited a couple of Spas in the area. But still felt incomplete..

I just couldn't help myself, it didn't even last til the end of April that I was already e-mailing by ex and calling her. We got back together and tried to make the long distance thing work. We both failed completely and utterly.

She even went back here last September, of course she spent all her vacation days in the Phils. with me, but after a few weeks when she got back abroad we ended it again.

I called her 2 days ago and came clean. I confessed all the things (kalokohan) i have been doing since she left. I told her I liked someone else too. It devastated her and hearing her cry, made me weep like a new-born babe. But somehow, it lessened my burden. I am really not into secrets or deceit. It's not in me. Even she said so, she said she somehow had a feeling that something was up with me last September. I know it will take time for us to heal our wounds but we ended that call not shouting or screaming at each other like how we ended some of our calls before.

I know, someday, maybe soon, she will meet someone there. I know that guy will be the luckiest bastard in that continent to have her.

As for me, I will slowly get my bearing and just enjoy this ride, I call my life.

I'm done trying to fill the gaping hole in my chest. If it means i'm like a hollow* walking around with a hole in my chest, then so be it. I am who I am.

Anyway, just wanted to let this all out and make myself feel a little bit better..

If you've taken the time to read it until this point, thanks!

All I wanted to say was, LDR is not for everyone. I salute and admire all of the people who made/makes it work. I do not have that level of maturity or maybe I never will. I'm not sure.

* Bleach analogy. It's an anime, look it up.

I went through the exact same thing, buddy. Change "4 years" to two and "Canada" to "United States". Otherwise, exact same story and feelings...It's good to know, you are not alone when it comes to these stormy, morose, deliciously painful tales of love lost....But we all move on...The only permanent thing in this world is change...As our good pal Nitzsche said: "What doesn't k*ll us makes us stronger".....A broken heart can hurt like hell and even k*ll someone. "Too much love will k*ll you",,,,ika nga ni pareng Freddie Mercury....But life goes on....And when someday, you do find that one, true, epic love of your life....You discover that all the pain was worth it...You discover that indeed....Love, and life...is stronger even than death...

Edited by bonzos

I went through the exact same thing, buddy. Change "4 years" to two and "Canada" to "United States". Otherwise, exact same story and feelings...It's good to know, you are not alone when it comes to these stormy, morose, deliciously painful tales of love lost....But we all move on...The only permanent thing in this world is change...As our good pal Nitzsche said: "What doesn't k*ll us makes us stronger".....A broken heart can hurt like hell and even k*ll someone. "Too much love will k*ll you",,,,ika nga ni pareng Freddie Mercury....But life goes on....And when someday, you do find that one, true, epic love of your life....You discover that all the pain was worth it...You discover that indeed....Love, and life...is stronger even than death...

Bro, dahil single ka din ba kaya nag eesplore ka rin muna? Okay lang yan.. parte ng buhay to si ba. Masasaktan mahihirapan so minsan humanap ng sarap at kasiyahan 😊