The Audi Thread

Audis are definitely reliable cars, probably among the most well-engineered cars in the world. Its a good thing nga Lambos are benefiting from Audi's technology.

yeah, german sensibility makes the lambos a bit more practical.

the new ones have hydraulic front suspension so that you can raise the car's nose to go over speed bumps and inclines.

(i remember a funny scene in top gear when a pagani zonda couldn't exit the carpark because its nose couldn't go over the ramp - so what audi added to the lambos is definitely an improvement) :)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Nice, but why not look around for a BMW convertible instead? :P Sorry OT... but I really like the R8.... its a supacar!

I was a fan of the R8 for some time...until I saw that idiot WowoWillie bought one. And just like that, it wasnt so special anymore. :angry:

Nice, but why not look around for a BMW convertible instead? :P Sorry OT... but I really like the R8.... its a supacar!

I was a fan of the R8 for some time...until I saw that idiot WowoWillie bought one. And just like that, it wasnt so special anymore. :angry:

Yeah nakakainis talaga yun si Willie, damn is that guy making a lot of money. Lakas pa mang chicks ang babata at magaganda pa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know this is a dedicated Audi Thread, but since Lamborghini is now owned by the same car manufacturer, I feel its fine to post this particular query here.

As most of you are probably aware of, Lamborghini is now a subsidiary of Audi and while this German car company makes excellent cars, I am sure Lamborghini purists would bemoan this change for several valid reasons.

I, for one, am concerned that Audi will strip Lamborghini of its soul. Bona fide petrol heads would most likely pick the Miura as the quintessential and first definitive supercar. While the Lamborghini Miura was not the fastest (even then) among its class, it was certainly a driver's car. It is one that would inspire you to travel thousands of miles over land (and sea) just so you can drive it along the Transfagarasan Highway.

German cars such as Audi, BMW, and Mercedes have always been known for being notoriously sensible. Lamborghini on the other hand, is known for producing the most insane supercars, both in design as well as performance. The Miura is a particularly hard drive and it is certainly not the car you drive to the grocery store, or for picking up the children from school, but it definitely brings out the 12 year old boy in every one who gets behind the wheel.

While Audis are efficient and reliable machines, Lambos are more like big daft dogs that you cannot help but love.

So far, there have been no signs of Audi trying to water down the insanity that is the very essence of a Lamborghini. The Aventador, Huracan. and Sesto Elemento are all proof positive that the Lambo spirit lives on. While Lamborghini keeps promising to stop making v12s(yeah we'll believe it when we see it), it seems to remain true to its nature.

For Lamborghini die-hards out there, are you worried at all?

Edited by 99PercentCaffeine
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...