then in that case, i would throw to you the question i posted above: what can you say about the mullahs and ulamas who recently orchestrated a rally to protest the killing of osama bin laden right after noontime prayers?

i'm sure islam has its share of moderates. but i would really appreciate it if they could be more visible, instead of allowing islam's public image to be hijacked by extremists

Nice opinion Master. I agree with that too. Sociologically speaking however, extremism is probably coming from the notion that Islam encourages extreme/ all-out loyalty to its religion. That's why it's easily becoming a state religion of Islamic countries with the members taking the Qur-an like a constitution.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question:

Why is it that whenever I see mixed marriages between Christians and Muslims, it is always the Muslim who is the husband, and the Christian who is the wife? Are marriages between Muslim women with Christian men prohibited by Islam? If it is, then why?

Edited by Chito

Here's a question:

Why is it that whenever I see mixed marriages between Christians and Muslims, it is always the Muslim who is the husband, and the Christian who is the wife? Are marriages between Muslim women with Christian men prohibited by Islam? If it is, then why?

Because it is not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim from any other religion, whether from among the Jews or Christians, or any other religion. It is not permissible for her to marry a Jew, a Christian, a communist, an idol-worshipper, etc.

I think this is stated in the quran>> Surat Al-Baqarah 2.221

If that's the case, then naturally there would be 2 follow-up questions:

1. What's the reason behind the prohibition?

2. Why aren't Muslim men prohibited from marrying Jewish and Christian women? What is it about Muslim men that makes them exempt from such prohibition?

Any Muslim out there that can shed light on this?

• 3 weeks later...

I am just starting to research about Islam since I am seriously contemplating on "re-converting" to Islam since Muslims believe that Islam is everybody's first religion. There are a lot of information that vary depending on the person you are talking to. The_greenhorny is correct when he said that the perspective depends on the educated and non-educated Muslims as well as cultural upbringing.

The information and books lent to me so far all make sense and they are all logical in explaining the answers to most of my unanswered questions. Well, to each his own. Let us live in mutual respect because by the end of the day, regardless of what religion we chose, or what religion chose us, we still have to answer to one Superior being.

In sha Allah, everything will fall in their proper places.

yes sir, you are right that to each his own.

also correct is the_greenhorny .

im no muslim but have a few muslim friends.

theyre nice. respectful. and loving.

theyre even apologetic for the wrong interpretation of islam being used in terrorist activities.

i have nothing but respect for these friends of mine.

• 2 weeks later...

thats because the founder of islam is a former soldier! which equates and explains why most of them are militant....

personally, i believe, desert religions were made up by delusional people... probably, because of lack of water back in those days.

Yeah right islam is peaceful when all earth inhabitants are islamized and non believers are 6 feet below the ground or paying the jizya. Know your history, quran and hadith!

thats because the founder of islam is a former soldier! which equates and explains why most of them are militant....

personally, i believe, desert religions were made up by delusional people... probably, because of lack of water back in those days.

background : Born in 570 in the Arabian city of Mecca, he was orphaned at an early age and brought up under the care of his uncle Abu Talib. He later worked mostly as a merchant, as well as a shepherd, and was first married by age 25.

in tagalog negosyante sya.

yes sir, you are right that to each his own.

also correct is the_greenhorny .

im no muslim but have a few muslim friends.

theyre nice. respectful. and loving.

theyre even apologetic for the wrong interpretation of islam being used in terrorist activities.

i have nothing but respect for these friends of mine.

And after that the will introduce their religion to you. That's part of a mind game.

Hope Catholics can pray with so much sincerity the way Muslims do

Are you God? How do you know that the prayers of the muslims are sincere than the Catholics?

Muslims pray very sincerely. They're not ashamed to pray anywhere unlike most of us Christians. I observed this many times

Christians don't pray anywhere because it is a teaching of Christ

Matthew Chapter 6 verses 5-6

5"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

6But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

May difference ba sa prayer? I agree with hellyeah1, namely, sincerity is where prayers count. Sincerity is also very difficult to verify.

Jesus condemns not "praying anywhere," but praying like hypocrites and pagans. God honors prayer, both done in public and private, but only if it is sincere.

• 1 month later...