• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE BEER DRINKERS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer Idrink, I feel shamed.

Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the

brewery and all of their hopes and dreams.

If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work

and their dreams would be shattered.

Then I say to myself,

"It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams

come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

~ Jack Handy

Carlsberg special brew - had this in Malaysia in 1993. Beats all other slightly sweet beers I've had since then. The bittersweet taste will leave an impression, believe me. Never seen it here.

Aventinus dark beer from Schneider and Sohn - had this in Thailand last year. Bavarian wheat beer. Ito people, ang definitive smooth and rich dark beer. Samahan niyo to ng bockwurst or even just plain local german franks, (purefoods ata yon) at siguradong makakalimutan niyo ang pangalan niyo. I've asked all austrian and german outlets dito and they don't have it.

Chimay dark (ok yung pangalan no? - pronounced Shimay, natawa ang waitress when i pronounced it wrong) - not sure if it's Bavarian or Belgian, but it's available here at Le Souffle. Decent, definitely better than Guiness dark (horsep**s).

Oh and for local beers? Punta kayo sa Dusit Hotel Fiesta San Mig outlet. Freshly brewed ang San Mig pale and light nila. Happy hour para drink all you can. Weekdays lang ata, mga 5-8.

beers i have tasted...

siyempre sa atin muna...san mig pale, super-dry and light, beer na beer, bud regular and light, carlsberg, efes, amstel, heinekken, asahi, tiger, coors, peje and corona.

i guess my favorites include san mig light, super dry and corona (with a lemon slice inside the bottle). dapat sa bottle ang beer or straight from the keg. beer in cans don't taste that good!

and one more pala...beergin (virgin)! :boo: