Here Or There?

Have a pending application to Canada, so I have already put in a great amount of thought into this and decided that sttaying here is not practical/not a good option for me. :(

Kanilika, dude, NZ they say is easy to get into. Same with Asutralia as long as you have the points. Canada is also good, but the processing takes waaaaay too long.

Dito na ko sa US based pero kng may pera lang ako para mabuhay sa pinas balik na ko... lonely dito kng la ka pang pamilya. Katulad ng sabe ng ibang posters... you may earn dollars but you also spend dollars here. Mabili mo nga yng mga materialistic cravings mo pero miss mo parin yng mga inuman sa kanto sa pilipinas ... hehe

i'm kinda living the double life right now.

tuwing bakasyon from school ay andito ako with my family sa states. tuwing pasukan, sa pinas. syempre pagkagraduate dito naren ako.

malungkot dito, kulang sa aXn at syempre ibang-iba ang buhay. for most part, yung bakasyon challenge lagi eh, patagalan na hindi mabaliw...

pero let's face it, alang pupuntahan yung practice ko sa pilipinas kaya dito rin talaga ako pupunta.

im a licensed dentist for two years now, i told myself after 3 years of practice i MUST be able to purchase my own car. BUT i think it won't happen because of VERY poor practice.

what i did, i took a NURSING course (luckily, graduate na ako!) and MAYBE in 1 or 2 years time hopefully, nasa U.S. na ako!

ADVICE ko lang sa mga fellow DENTIST ko, if you think na mahina ang practice nyo & you want to PRACTICE YOUR PROFESSION AS A DENTIST in the U.S. or anywhere in the WORLD, TAKE A NURSING DEGREE (THIS WILL BE YOUR STEPPING STONE)

you won't regret this!!!! B)

only to work. but not permanently reside abroad.

i'm patriotic. i know most would say im being idealistic for nothing. but

truth is, if we all leave, there will be no one rebuilding our country. we must

show our love of country by returning and using and teaching skills we learned

abroad. we must want to see progress happening, the strong want to see

our countrymen with more fulfilling lives.

Good thing there are still pinoys who got that attitude... though I don't blame the others, its their right to seek better opportunities... but its just good to think that there's still hope for our country...

to stay and work temporarily in another country is acceptable to me.

assuming of course that the offer is good. if u will be made to choose,

i prefer sydney, australia. thats my ideal country to move to.

however, i do have relatives in canada and the us.

the instability of the country due to the political situations and

the economic standing does make the pinoys here think of

looking for greener pastures.

Actually working abroad ang saving up to retire here is one of the better ideas. Iba yung financial security na nakukuha abroad coz one is properly compensated for the work done. Though one does earn and spend dollars, at least, if one is smart and manage one's finances carefully, one will definitely be able to save up, maybe even be eligible for pension. Now when you're retired and living here but getting dollars for pension...you've got it made.

im in what id call an adjustment stage right now. having lived independently in manila for so long, its a bit difficult for me now to be amongst older relatives who insist in treating me like a kid.

am also makin a career shift and that in itself is a big thing to handle. i miss manila yeah but the way things are goin there i worry for my future and the future of my would be family.

however, eventually, i do plan to come home and settle there. there is no place like home.

Hell yes! Gusto ko mabigyan ng maganda kinabukasan ang aking magiging mga anak. Sa sitwasyon ngayon dito sa Pinas eh mukhang malabo yun, kaya ako ay nagbabalak lumipad patungong Canada in a few years. Pero, I love my country so much that the only thing I would be giving up is my citizenship and not my being Filipino. Being Pinoy is a state of mind not the passport you hold. I would also like to help out my fellow Filipinos in the future by investing my money here. Nothing beats us Pinoys pag dating sa trabaho. VIVA LAS ISLAS FILIPINAS!!!

• 2 weeks later...