Star Wars Saga

OK OK OK...... Here now is my totally spoiler free review! Guys, stop spoiling the damn movie if you have seen it! Don't give away any surprises.

The only thing you really need to read from this is that IT WAS f#&king AWESOME!!! WOOOOHOOOOO..... Saw it last night, and I still have a hangover from it. I am not Fanboying or anything, but I really did enjoy this movie. JJ Abrams did not disappoint that. Is is a flawless movie? Well duh! What movie is? But that doesn't mean they can really be awesome.

I wont give away any plot points, nor spoil any surprises because of two things

1. You will really enjoy it more going into the theater not knowing any of the major plot points. Please trust me on that.

2. I have to give so much respect to the team of JJ Abrams for ensuring that we would get excited for this, he never gave anything away in the trailer. The setup was so nice. It asked us to invest trust and if we did, we would be greatly rewarded.

Now I will say this, Episode VII is an entry that reminds everyone why we fell in love with the series. Why the original trilogy stood the test of time, and became such a pop culture phenomenon. It also reminded us that there is more to Star Wars than flashy light sabers. I mean in episode I, there was only one light saber duel and it wasn't very action packed. The action scenes were spectacular! I was at awe! grabbing the edge of my seat because of the thrills! Thank god they brought back the things we loved about the original trilogy.

I loved that they really opted to use more practical effects in this. I loved the breath-taking locations that they used, the puppetry, and set designs that added authenticity to the scenes. See that was the problem of the prequels. It used too much of that bluescreen and CGI bullshit that barely anything in the location felt real! Even the creatures are digitally added on. Abrams really went oldschool on this one, and like I said, it reminds us why it really works.

The heroes! The old heroes we missed are back. They have understandably aged, but the movie does not make it too difficult to accept that. There are some heartwarming scenes here that make us feel really nostalgic. Seriously, every time an old character, droid, ship, or gadget is introduced I was cheering and clapping quietly in my seat. But of course there are new heroes who will carry the torch. And I loved them! All 3 of them! The acting and characterization was splendid. Though all 3 are relatively unknown, they carry enough charisma to be accepted as this new generations star wars heroes.

The villain..... The villain was great! No he is not a Darth Vader clone IMO. He takes inspirations from him, but Kylo is not Darth Vader. I really thought the actor who played him should have been..... Wait.... Ill talk about him some other time!

I also gotta say something about the writing. The team behind this did such a fantastic job relaunching a beloved franchise. See, this movie is one big setup for something much bigger that's gonna come in the next 6 years. I went into the theater with so many questions, but walked out with more questions. But that is a good thing. Because it only means that we are being promised more. And by the way that it looks, I can bet episode VIII will be so much better. It does not do what the prequels did which is complete the story arc with each installment. There will be more and it gives us a reason to be hooked on the series.

One common complain is that it borrowed several elements from the original, yes true.... but at the same time, the aim of this movie is to honor the original, bring us to that memory lane, and make us look forward to its future. This is a love letter to the fans, and an open invitation to a new generation of fans

• Like (+1) 1

Episode 7 lived up to the hype! It was better than the prequels. Some scenes though reminded me of Episdoe 1 & Episode 4.

Surprised to read about some cameos. Didn't notice one of them because he was wearing a helmet hehe.

For those planning to watch the prequels & original trilogy before watching episode 7, here is an interesting read on how to watch it. He suggests watching in this order - IV, V, II, III, VI.

Read more here:

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

Episode 7 lived up to the hype! It was better than the prequels. Some scenes though reminded me of Episdoe 1 & Episode 4.

Surprised to read about some cameos. Didn't notice one of them because he was wearing a helmet hehe.

For those planning to watch the prequels & original trilogy before watching episode 7, here is an interesting read on how to watch it. He suggests watching in this order - IV, V, II, III, VI.

Read more here:

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

Hahahahaa! Yeah! So Awesome to find out

Those are some encouraging reviews....

However...fanboys will always be fanboys...we will be always excited for anything STAR WARS/related....be it young anakin skywalker, jar jar binks or the ewoks...no matter how silly they are we still love to hate them...:)

What i want to know...will it appeal to the younger generation...or those who havent watch them( kung meron man).. Kung dinala mo GF mo...Will they appreciate the movie? I hope JJ Abrams( while its good he pampered to most of the star wars fans)... Did not forget the non star wars movie watchers...

Those are some encouraging reviews....

However...fanboys will always be fanboys...we will be always excited for anything STAR WARS/related....be it young anakin skywalker, jar jar binks or the ewoks...no matter how silly they are we still love to hate them... :)

What i want to know...will it appeal to the younger generation...or those who havent watch them( kung meron man).. Kung dinala mo GF mo...Will they appreciate the movie? I hope JJ Abrams( while its good he pampered to most of the star wars fans)... Did not forget the non star wars movie watchers...

Narrative-wise, I admit medyo mahirap ka sundan yung continuity kung hindi ka familiar dun sa original trilogy. Sa opening text crawl pa lang, malilito ka na kung hindi mo alam ano ibig sabihin ng Jedi. Nostalgia trip ang movie na ito eh. It brings back a lot of the stuff that you missed from the original, but if you have not seen them the experience wont be complete. Ang advice ko nga, kahit episode IV-VI lang muna panoorin

BUT........

Is it entertaining? Oh yes! Very! Sulit sya sa 3D pa lang. This is way better than the prequel kasi locations talaga yun ginamit nila para dito.

Even though you do not really know the old heroes of this movie, that's ok because you have new heroes you can invest on and they too are great. The prequels had no appealing hero except for Qui Gonn Jinn who is killed too early. lol. You can take the journey with these new heroes as they too eventually try to understand all the myth about the old heroes.

Besides, the movie naman is not meant to provide you with every detail of the story. Even if you are a hardcore fan, mabibitin ka pa din sa kwento but that is not a bad thing because like I said, this movie is all about the setup.

And you make them watch this, I swear they themselves will want to revisit the old trilogy themselves. So yet it will attract new generations of fans

Kaya pala wala sa poster si Luke Skywalker.... hahahahha

Hmmmmm OO nga eh. Tama si JJ Abrams, intentional talaga yung di pagpapakita kay Luke sa trailer.... and it is for a good reason indeed.... yun muna, hirap magspoil eh

So got to watch it today....well all i can say is wow!!

Nostalgic feeling espcially seeing the millenium falcon again... Han was right....we' re home...:)

At the same time...the story is moving forward...blend of the old and the new....

My question is...im assuming we're all star wars fanboys here...when will the spoiler ban be lifted here? And let the discussions begin...i for one have alot to ask especially regarding daisy...and boyega...

I'm guessing that you weren't around when the first 3 movies (70s) were shown and even during the sequels (early 2000) so you didn't know. :)

Anyway, this Episode VII is too hyped. Parang ayoko na panoorin after reading the synopsis. Was it the synopsis that sounded too ho-hum or the way it was reviewed? Isipin ko muna. :D

I for one like the way they hyped this movie. The trailers and promotional stuff never gave away anything. Trust me, if you haven't seen it, its better you do not read the synopsis at all. Just go in there trusting JJ Abrams to deliver. The experience wont be the same if you walk in there knowing all the surprises. That is the problem with trailers nowadays, ultimo twists nung movie alam na sa trailer pa lang.

So got to watch it today....well all i can say is wow!!

Nostalgic feeling espcially seeing the millenium falcon again... Han was right....we' re home... :)

At the same time...the story is moving forward...blend of the old and the new....

My question is...im assuming we're all star wars fanboys here...when will the spoiler ban be lifted here? And let the discussions begin...i for one have alot to ask especially regarding daisy...and boyega...

I guess we can talk about stuff that are seen naman in the trailer. That way we wont spoil anything just yet. Ako din I am excited to discuss some things, but lets wait for the others na di pa nakakapanood to catch up then after that read at your own risk na lang iba.

Like I said, there is more to star wars than lightsaber duels. The first one barely had any, the second only had one. And while this has become a must in every star wars installments, there is more to the original series that made the franchise thrilling. What I am talking about in particular are the aerial battles. It was awesome! I was so happy they gave this one critical focus! Because the prequel trilogy barely had any memorable aerial/space battles.

Yes, the millenium falcon was back. It was awesome seeing it in action and I gets plenty of screen time. Like the original captain of it, he too gets plenty of screen time. I am glad that Han Solos participation was not merely reduced to a cameo, he is all over the movie and integral to the plot. Him and Leia still had that same old chemistry even though this couple had already aged. Its like seeing your parents still having that tenderness in their golden anniversary.

The new characters are great too. Well cast, and I believe old and new fans wont have any problems seeing them carry the torch of this series. I loved the villain too. Yes he takes a lot of inspiration from Darth Vader, but unlike Vader..... tsk saka na nga yan hehehehe.

Ok the lightsaber duel! Come on! You know there was gonna be one. I just wanna say that the lightsaber fight was done right, not overly coreographed like in the prequel trilogy. I mean if you watch episode II and episode III you'd be asking, who fights with a bladed weapon like that? Ang daming ikot ikot na parang nagsasayaw lang ng waltz o ballet. I know coreography is important but it lacked any real grit and tension. That is what the light saber duel was in this one, gritty and full of tension.

Let the discussions start na :)

Kylo ren? Finn? Daisy( still calling her daisy muna), han, luke heck lets include kylos master too...

How much of the EUs did they include in this movie....

Well this Star wars for me...in my fanboy POV...should aptly be named A New Hope II...hope for the bright future of a new star wars trilogy....

Let the discussions start na :)

Kylo ren? Finn? Daisy( still calling her daisy muna), han, luke heck lets include kylos master too...

How much of the EUs did they include in this movie....

Well this Star wars for me...in my fanboy POV...should aptly be named A New Hope II...hope for the bright future of a new star wars trilogy....

We can discuss naman, pero lets leave out yung critical surprises muna.

Yes one major flaw of this movie is that it borrows way too much elements on a new hope. Some may actually complain that it feels like a remake of it. JJ Abrams obviously wanted to stay a bit in the safe zone and not gamble too much. He wanted to capitalize more on the nostalgia factor to win the heart of the audiences rather than risk starting everything original.

At the same time, you can't deny that the nostalgia actually makes you enjoy the experience a lot more. I mean everytime a nod is being given to the original it just brings back that kid in you who grew up watching the original series. I was clapping silently when I started seeing some of the old people and things in the original.

As for its future, I do have faith that it will wash out the sour after taste of the prequel trilogies. I like the thought process that went into this. They teased us, they made us enjoy, and we walked out of the theater asking more questions, but that is a good thing. I mean in the prequel trilogy there wasn't so many questions to really ask at the end of each episode. You know Anikin will be trained as a Jedi, fall in love with Padme, become darth vader, and Palpitine all along was the sith lord.

Lets start...

2 questions...hoping theyre not spoiler materials...

So is ren or his master sith? I tot palpatine or vader were the last of the siths/lord....in the EUs...there are other dark forces other than the siths...will JJ abrams introduce them?

Obviously...regarding the origins of a certain miss daisy...and Finn....

Discussions are very welcome...