The GYM Directory

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Victoria Sports in QC (near GMA Station, along EDSA). It has the best equipment you'd find---designed and made in Italy. You have to see their private gyms--with lazy boy, widescreen, jacuzzi, and all the top notch million peso gym equipment. I just took a tour of it a few months back. It's not a gym actually as it has an olympic size pool, wall clamp, firing range, basketball court, tennis courts, badminton courts, bowling, etc, etc, name it! Well, most of the ones I mentioned were mostly promises still way back I went there. I hope they're all ready for use by now.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the best pa rin anytimefitness. ang dami na nilang branch ngayon. if you are looking for 24/7 gym I would definitely recommend this to you.

There's one opening near me and I was strongly considering switching from Fitness first to this. However it turns out the "lowest price ever" advertised was 2,300 (regular rate is 2,500-2,700 I think depending on how long). People said it can go as low as 2,000 when they're still opening. I'd have definitely jumped in if it was 2,000 per month. For now I'm sticking with Fitness First (the platinum one) which turns out to be just over 1,000 pesos more per month. Free towel use, rfid gym locker card, and workout clothes (which you return). The 1,000 pesos more a month is worth the convenience when paired with great people I've gotten to know.

Victoria Sports in QC (near GMA Station, along EDSA). It has the best equipment you'd find---designed and made in Italy. You have to see their private gyms--with lazy boy, widescreen, jacuzzi, and all the top notch million peso gym equipment. I just took a tour of it a few months back. It's not a gym actually as it has an olympic size pool, wall clamp, firing range, basketball court, tennis courts, badminton courts, bowling, etc, etc, name it! Well, most of the ones I mentioned were mostly promises still way back I went there. I hope they're all ready for use by now.

Magkano membership?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Im going to give you a tip my mentor gave me...

Go find a good group fitness class and go to that. Im not talking crossfit or some s@%t like that. There are many gyms that offer workout classes that do full body work outs with focus on one muscle/group during that work out.

Now Im going to explain why... group classes create a supportive community environment where you push others in class and they push you. This means more accountability too... I have a small gym with a really high rating where the lead trainer of the classes will text me get your ass to the gym... its nice in a weird way.

So keep in mind will power as recent studies have shown is a finite resource. Its not like you have a ton of it, when you use willpower it goes fast and by the end of the day... say after work you have a plan to work on your business or something there simply might not be enough willpower to do that...

This is a way to preserve your willpower. You just need enough willpower to get to the gym at a certain time THATS it NOTHING ELSE Someone tells you exactly what to do and if you did it wrong. This is the same reason you can do a personal trainer but they are more expensive and dont quite have a community feel that makes you want to get there.

The other reason I like a class is its a scheduled work out... that you are accountable for if you want to get your work out in.

I mean, once you have a habit of going to the gym sure branch off do more but to start? Just make a habit of showing up and go from there into a more intricate work out plan when you know its easy to get to the gym... at first though? I recommend a simple habit of attendance at the gym... thats the hardest step.

• 1 year later...

Happy Chinese New Year!

Anong gym ang mare-recommend nyo para sakin na complete newbie sa ganito? Btw taga-Manila ako, bandang south. Ang pinaka-reason ko talaga na mag-gym is mag-lose ng weight...wala sa hitsura ko pero based sa BMI, Obese 1 daw ako - mga 31. Gusto ko rin kasi magkaroon ng 'energy', like di ka lethargic ganado ka lang throughout the day ganun...

And after that, pangarap ko rin na magkaron ng muscles ska six-pack hahahaha. Marami nrin kc nagsabi sakin even years back, na ung katawan ko daw (upper body daw) is masarap pag-workoutan, mag-gym lang daw ako. #skl XD

Pero bottomline kahit w/o ung macho maskels, the fact na normal weight ka lang & fit & mas healthy ka (and good-looking lol) is a big win na for me (and my future).

Nakakaburyo na tong pandemic na to. Time to do something productive (and hopefully fulfilling) :)

11 hours ago, pogi1994 said:

Happy Chinese New Year!

Anong gym ang mare-recommend nyo para sakin na complete newbie sa ganito? Btw taga-Manila ako, bandang south. Ang pinaka-reason ko talaga na mag-gym is mag-lose ng weight...wala sa hitsura ko pero based sa BMI, Obese 1 daw ako - mga 31. Gusto ko rin kasi magkaroon ng 'energy', like di ka lethargic ganado ka lang throughout the day ganun...

And after that, pangarap ko rin na magkaron ng muscles ska six-pack hahahaha. Marami nrin kc nagsabi sakin even years back, na ung katawan ko daw (upper body daw) is masarap pag-workoutan, mag-gym lang daw ako. #skl XD

Pero bottomline kahit w/o ung macho maskels, the fact na normal weight ka lang & fit & mas healthy ka (and good-looking lol) is a big win na for me (and my future).

Nakakaburyo na tong pandemic na to. Time to do something productive (and hopefully fulfilling) :)

Look for an Anytime Fitness Branch near you there... Most likely they would have some promos now.

But to lose weight and address the obesity you mentioned, I suggest you couple your exercise with the right diet specially cutting down on Carbs.  By that, you can easily lose weight.  Exercise just accelerates the burning of your calorie intake but if you are taking more than what you are burning, then it may not be that effective.

For the energy you mentioned, start with cardio exercises and simple flexibility &strength exercises... It will build up your stamina which will be your building blocks in order for you to do later on more heavy exercises for further muscle development.

• Winner! (+1) 1
  • 6 months later...